main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DV MATTE 1.5 for AE is now available!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Bone, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Just to let everybody know. DV Matte

2. DeadEyesSmiling

DeadEyesSmiling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    Saweetness! Thanks!

-DeadEyesSmiling

3. Devistro

Devistro Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    What's the difference from the previous version?

4. DeadEyesSmiling

DeadEyesSmiling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    Color match, light wrap and an improved keyer to name a few. It explains more at the site.

5. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Well crap.

I finally got around to trying the demo of v1 last night. After seeing what it can do I was thinking $150 isn't too bad of a price. Now I have to get another $50. Poopy.

Not to mention I want Shine, AE 6, a laptop for college....

Having an expensive hobby sucks. Especially when it's more than a hobby.

/rant

6. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Trapcode is your best friend.

Well, mine, anyway.

7. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Exactly why I want Shine, that red X is no longer an overlookable thing.

8. Jeremy_West

Jeremy_West Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2003
    No upgrade price? I don't think I can justify ANOTHER 200 bucks after already buying the full Composite Toolkit and buying the DV Matte Pro v1. Bummer.

9. JustinZ

JustinZ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    This thread on the dvGarage forums says that there will be information on upgrade pricing real soon (they said e-mails will be going out today). Or you can send e-mail to info@dvgarage.com

Justin

10. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    It better be better if they want more $$ for the upgrade. I just bought that previous one. grr... Never can keep up with the times. Always obsolete when you buy something.

11. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I've been waiting for 1.5 to come out before buying it....

12. Billy3d

Billy3d Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2003
    all you dudes, i have a few questions
    1. Is it better at keying than Primatte
    2. I'v got money to either buy Chromanator ( check it out, the color diff key rules!) or DVmattepro? what do i go for?

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Download the trial version of DV Matte pro from the dvgarage website and give it a go.

14. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I tried the demo version today and must say I´m very pleased with it. I got a beautiful key within 15 minutes by just playing around with it. As soon as I have the money I´ll buy it.

15. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Now does this version have more tools than the previous one, or is it simpler to use than the previous version?

I'm thinking of upgrading, would just like to know what's better. Doe sthe color match work well?

16. dr_modean

dr_modean Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    Now does this version have more tools than the previous one, or is it simpler to use than the previous version?

dvMatte Pro 1.5 does has a few more features like color matching and lightwrap. It also has two color difference keyers(1.0 only had one) and a luminace keyer making it even easier to pull a good key. All of the other features have been improved as well.(IE. Spill Suppressor, Edge Color, Final Matte Gamma) It comes with a tutorial video and a user's manual. Personally, I believe 1.5 is just as easy as using 1.0 and it works better.

I'm thinking of upgrading, would just like to know what's better. Doe sthe color match work well?

The color matching works really well if you pick your colors right. All of the info. about how to pick the right colors is in both the tutorial and the user's manual.

17. JustinZ

JustinZ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    They don't mention this on their web site, but it looks like there may be a $50 discount for a limited time. I bought a copy on Tuesday, and today I got a duplicate receipt with a $50 coupon credit listed, and they credited $50 back to my credit card. So instead of $199, it only cost me $149! :)

Justin

18. lureofthedarkside

lureofthedarkside Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Has anyone tried it out yet? if so post some samples of the raw footage, and the final composite

19. dr_modean

dr_modean Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    Actually, for those who have previously bought dvMatte Pro 1.0, there is a coupon which is sent in an email for, get this, $150 off the normal price.

I got the coupon, bought, and have already used dvMatte Pro 1.5 for AE and I love it. For those who also got the email, PLEASE do not give out the coupon. It isn't fair to those of us who have already purchased it. It's just as bad as pirating it.

20. dvcameraworld

dvcameraworld Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    hi guys, I have adobes after effects 6 pro with the keylight plugin. Ive decided to use combustion 3 instead. so if any of you guys are interested email me at dvcameraworld@yahoo.com , im not sure how much I want for it but its been registered so $400us may sound like a good price but I am open to a sugested price. if you are interested contact me, shipping will be free cause it isnt that heavey to send threw the post. this is the full version not an upgrade for windows 2000 and XP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.