DVD at Video Games ETC.

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by ChrisKenobi, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    We will be at VGE at midnight on Mon. nite Tues morning on the day the DVD arrives. This time we will divide into 2 team. Han and Chewie (chris and steve) will be in Moline and Kent and Zack will be stormtroopers at Davenport. Everyone else will go where they please.
  2. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    chris or steve do you guys have a imperial guard costume that i might be able to wear to VGE that night i am still trying to get the money together for my stormtrooper costume.
  3. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    Yes and No, only thing is that I do not know with the helmet will fit you, but I will bring it with me for you to wear.
  4. Jedi_Ankh Jedi Knight

star 1
    FUN.

. . I've been wondering; you said you might get 53 Cinemas to play the OT about this time . . Did it not work out? I haven't heard anything, but then I've been a busy bee lately and have no time for frivolous outings anymore. *sigh*

:p
  5. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone know what price they are selling the DVD's for
  6. PirateJedi Jedi Knight

I would so be there but i have a school meeting until 9pm that night. I would wear my luke skywalker costume i also have my copy reserved. I really want to come and have fun like last time. This is the thing about going to school away from town. I have to miss all the good events.
  7. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who cares what price they are selling it for. It doesnt matter. It is an event that will be fun-I would suggest you buy it from Rick and the gang-I'm sure it would be the same as Target, but if it is higher-get it somewhere else. I personally am supporting Rick and the store. For pete's sake-if you want to save money go to Scratch and Save (aka Wal Mart) Geez-Lord Love a little Green Duck! What's the price? That's like getting a nice Jedi Costume and putting a Wal Mart Saber with it!
  8. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    1st of all Ive never been to Video Games Etc and didnt know I was suppose to be supporting them and 2nd I dont have extra cash to dole out if they are charging as much as Blockbuster. One of the reasons I quite coming to theforce.net last year was people always ripping other people.

9. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    All I said was attend the event to support a friend of the Order-that is Rick. What does the price of the DVD have anything to do with going to the event? As I stated you dont have to buy it there. Go elsewhere to buy it.Although if I had a friend and he sold a hammer for $2 more than Wal Mart, I would buy from my friend. That was all I meant!!!

Now-I have a few other words to offer and my own opinion on stuff. You started with the comment about people ripping others off-so enjoy my comments:

Who is ripping people off? I think you are off base with that accusation.

As far as I know, there has never been any exhuberant cost of anything within the group. It is choice. If you want to go to a con -they cost money. Go-Karts are not that expensive. Laser Tag is not that expensive. None of us make a dime from any of these activities. In fact I pay for the website out of my own pocket. Eventually this site will rock, but it takes time.

First of all-We are not the Force.Net!!! Second, I have never seen you at an event in the entire year. It's always something, yet everytime we have an event-it costs too much or doesnt fit in your schedule.

Let me tell you something-within this group is another group. It is a group of honour (English) and strength. This core band of brothers would do anything to help a friend. I know this to be a fact. You would know it to if you were actually at events and got to know people and allow others to know you.

FOR FUTURE COMPLAINTS-CALL 1-800-ECHUTA

edit: ok, let's chill out a bit, rather than demonstrating the point
  10. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    My comment about ripping was being ripped on the board, it didnt mean getting ripped off by someone when making a purchase. I was only wondering what the price was, if it was alot more then I would buy it somewhere else. A couple bucks one way or the other doesnt matter. I took your comment the wrong way, more like I shouldnt even be thinking of buying it somewhere else. Im sorry I took things wrong.

Jack

12. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would like to apologize to any and all that I may have offended. I made an attack on Jack ( It's a Jack Attack! )that was not deserved. I sincerely apologize for my harsh comments.

My father used to tell me when he was alive,before you go to criticize, walk a mile in that person's shoes. That way you will be a mile away and have their shoes-they cant beat you up as fast. I should have remembered that, I tend to fly off the handle and I tend to have a sharp tongue.

I am sorry-I will try not to beat people up anymore. This group means a ton to me and it means more to me than just a fan group. Star Wars is special to me, as I am sure it is to most of you. This group that I protect, is a family to me. I become very defensive and go on the attack when someone complains about the group or events we try to plan. I deeply regret starting a feud on the boards, and I regret tarnishing any image or memory of Star Wars.

And: "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

Couldn't resist!!!!!!Seemed like the right spot for that Mia culpa!
  13. Thralleon Force Ghost

Speaking of the DVD release, Steve get ahold of me in the next couple of days so we can see if the Vader costume will work for me.
  14. qc-jedi_master_damek Jedi Knight

star 1
    #1: I work at Showcase 53 we are not showing
    the OT because we don't do anything cool at the cinema

#2: Super J The Trilogy is $49.95 and that's with out tax at VGE I pre ordered mine and paid in full question answered

my question is are we meeting anywhere after the sale like at village inn on AVE OF THE CITIES then we can give Super J and all who have not shown up once this year to come and hang out with the rest of us nerds.

and for god sakes no Wal*Mart sabers or I'll puke

Just kidding.
  15. PirateJedi Jedi Knight

Things seem to be get a little strange in the order. I don't attend a meeting for close to a year, a year I am so sorry about that. Once i get done with this year of school, and start teaching i will be able to attend more events. But i want to finish up here in Macomb so i can finally get started on my life. But like i was saying it seems to me there is a disorder in the order, hay look at that a play on words. I know what you are thinking, Hammond you are right, no not really, but this whole situation reminds me of something else that is happening at the same time the presidential election. No we are talking about politics now. I am just kidding, that is how i am i have to look at the lighter side of things in this world or i will go crazy. Yes you can go more than what you are already. I hope while reading this laugh, smile or what ever thing you do. I might have no room to talk and it deeply troubles me I have to miss the the fun events, no matter the price. I was there when the group form or one of the first members and i will always be a member. This is getting to deep so i will end it by saying ieget blah blah no wait pirates say RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and vampires say blah
  16. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wont be in a costume, but I plan to come up on Monday night and get my copy of the dvd's.

What time will everyone be getting there. I will be going to the Moline store as it is close to my house.
  17. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Change in plans. Chewie and Han will go to Davenport. Kent and Zack (troopers) will go to Moline
  18. qcJediJes Jedi Knight

I may or may not be at the Moline store. I've kind of already got the DVDs thanks to a friend (not downloaded copies, but the actual disks...I'm watching ANH right now), so if I show up, it'll be just to hang out. If I'm not there, have a great time. And enjoy the set - it's pretty sweet.
  19. Super_J Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im not going to be able to make it, my wifes cousin died. We have to do some things for that and I dont think she would like me going out at midnight tonight.
  20. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    All costumed people should be at the stores at 11:00 pm. all non-costumed people should be there at 11:30 that is when the doors open for the public.
  21. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    steve i tried on one of those imperial guard helmets it fit ok but do you think the one that you are going to bring will i would really like to be in costume.
  22. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    Sorry Lance, I have left my house and all ready at work. in the rush of things I left it behind, I had it laying out but just forgot it. I am sorry. You can bet me up when we grab some food tonight :)
  23. Thralleon Force Ghost

Thanks for inviting me along tonight. It was fun. If you could, would you give me copies of the pictures with me as Vader in them?
  24. Julian_St_Jox Jedi Padawan

Sorry I missed it. I had to work 6 nights in a row :(
    I did manage to pick up a copy at wal mart for under 40.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.