main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD Bonus Disc doesn't work on Xbox

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth-Bone, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bone

Darth-Bone Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    I try playing it, it gives me the xbox screen, then goes back to the dashboard.

I tried booting up with the disc in the machine, then it tried to load Xbox live, then said dirty disc error.

Anyone else have an Xbox and have problems watching it?

2. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Mine worked.

-Otis

3. Darth-Bone

Aug 8, 2002
    ANd you did nothing special at all?

Do you have evox dashboard or anything?

4. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    The Battlefront demo takes place on the Forest moon of Endor, right?, because I have the PS2 Battlefront demo and it's the Forest moon of Endor level. I just wanna be sure I'm not missing out on anything special.

5. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    The only chance I'll get to play the Battlefront demo is if my step-nephew lets me use his X-box sometime next week...

6. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    My XBox is modded with XBox Media Center, so I'll give it a try after I get off work.

7. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Mine worked fine (Full Screen)

8. Darth-Bone

Aug 8, 2002
    Bob - mine is modded too.

So, for the xbox users who did get the bonus disc to work, do you have your xbox modded?

9. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm looking at mine right now. When I first put it in, it gave the whole this is not a porper format stuff. But then I ejected it, and put it back, and it works fine now.

10. AllStarDork

AllStarDork Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2004
    i just use my normal dvd player, everytime i try playing a dvd in my xbox the movie starts to freeze up....gerrrr...payed an extra $30 for nothing

11. AnewerHope

AnewerHope Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2004
    yeap mine works..but the first time...it loaded the whole thing..or something..then now i just put the dvd..and i have to hook up my controller..so i can select that i want to watch the bonus stuff and not the demo...

12. Larmo

Larmo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    From what I understand Microsoft factory presses every single Xbox game made for the system.

How can a DVD containing a movie possibly contain an working Xbox demo without the 128 bit encryption. Makes me wonder if finding the encryption key on this disc is possible.

13. SYKO

SYKO Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2001
    Yea the first time I put my Widescreen in the x-box it went to a load screen which took about 2 minutes. Then after that it went to the menu to chose between the bonus disc features which you need the remote which I dont have. Or you can play the demo.

14. Samot

Samot Jedi Master star 1

Jul 20, 2004
    Works fine on mine. It updated the console for a while, but after that it was OK.

15. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Just chiming in, mine worked on the Xbox with no problems, though I bought the PC version of Battlefront, because after playing both the PS2 and Xbox demos, they pale when compared to it.

16. rfsunbird

rfsunbird Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    mine refuses to work. my xbox isn't modded. the thing just updated itself so that isn't hte issue but i put in the disk and i get the can not recognize error.

17. Dobermann

Dobermann Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Mine worked fine, it took a while to load the thing up but otherwise the extras and the demo were ok. I don't have any mods on my xbox either.

18. Darth-Bone

Aug 8, 2002
    Ok, an update - when I used xbmc I got it to play in the "play dvd" option.

But, I cannot pick and choose what to watch.
    Any other advice?

19. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I have an un modded XBOX, and the special features disc worked just fine. It took like 3 minutes to load up, but it worked.

20. Darth-Exodus

Darth-Exodus Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    Mine worked fine too.

I turned on the Xbox without the disc in, with controller in Port 1, and DVD remote kit in Port 4.

Then inserted the disc, and it spent a minute installing to the hard drive. It then plays, and you have to select either the demo or the features with the controller.

Hope this helps, if not I'd advise taking the disc back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.