1. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    That's what I'm hoping for. Red for Blu-Ray and for dvd the same thing as the PT/SE
  2. Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I wouldn't mind another release of the OT if it's the original theatrical releases. That would get my money. Other than that I wouldn't be interested.
  3. fuzzbox77 Force Ghost

star 1
    People - DVD is only expected to have a shelf life for another 2 years at the most. That means Blu-Ray will be the standalone format. And the DVD releases of SW have been around for 12 years from TPM onwards, so will be considered out-dated by the ST.

So all new cover art and whatever Disney/Fox (Fox still holds release rights on the saga at this present time) - so by the release of Episode VII on Blu-Ray - expect something new.

My thoughts - revert back to the theatrical one sheet poster style. other movies have always done this - why does ever SW release have to be quickly Photoshop'ped elements for a cover?
    Last edited by fuzzbox77, Jan 29, 2014
  4. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

And you know that how?
  5. fuzzbox77 Force Ghost

star 1
    I have worked for HMV and saw the sales drop slightly with Blu-Ray come along and still get the info from instore from staff/friends. Other info obtained suggests it hasn't fared well overseas either. Corporate retail sales for DVD's in the UK have dropped considerably opposed to 2 years ago whilst Blu-Ray has taken off even more. DVD has been around for 19 years now. Like VHS (that only lasted 26 years here in the UK), sales of video dropped hugely in 2002-2003.

Alas - nothing ever lasts forever.
    Last edited by fuzzbox77, Jan 29, 2014
  6. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    And Blu Ray has been around for at least 11 years.
  7. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Personally I can't stand the Star Wars theatrical posters. I greatly prefer the DVD covers.
  8. fuzzbox77 Force Ghost

star 1
    Which ones though - there have been many.
  9. Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I like the posters, but I also think it's nice that the DVD covers are different. What I don't like is when studios give different covers for the dvd vs the blu-ray vs the 3d blu-ray. Because whatever version I buy (usually the regular blu), I always like one of the other covers better. That's slightly annoying.
  10. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Mainly the first 3 for the OT. I just don't like the blurred/70's retro style. It's not as bad on the Prequel posters but you can still see it.