main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho DVD Changes confirmed???

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Check out this link

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#24714

2. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I hope this is true, I was hoping for some difference in this set that seperated it from the others. Knda justifies the spending of the money...

3. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Well know for sure when I rent them early from Blockbuster on Friday next week. I can hardly wait!!!

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    you mean two weeks don't you?

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I was reading on Amazon that each of the new limited edition soundtracks come complete with images never before scene until the DVD trilogy. Does this mean what I think it means???

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    That's what I heard as well. Maybe...man, this waiting thing sucks!

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    There are sets of DVD's on sale at ebay. The sellers confirm these changes. Yahoo!!!!

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Disclaimer: Not everything on the internet is true, so I cannot be held responsible if these rumors are false...

9. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    I found out about one of those ebay acutions from www.rebelscum.com, and I almost posted here about it last night. Oh well, you beat me to it.

p.s. I was excited to hear that the Gungans were added.

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I was just reading that Greedo does indeed still shoot first (what is Lucas thinking?), but Han reacts differently. Please tell me why this scene still exists?

I also think it is cool that Naboo has been added to the end of RotJ. Its good to know it survived the Galactic Civil War.

11. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Only two more days....

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Not much mystery is left. I think I am going to enjoy the new changes for the most part.

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I MORE DAY.

14. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The TV commericals are driving me crazy...Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

15. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    There have been TV commercials? Where have I been... wait, you have cable, right?

16. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    yeah, but I wish i wasn't seeing them...

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    When I went into work today, we had recieved our regular Video Store magazine, which contained a huge article on the DVD's. It confirmed some of the changes!
    Hayden is in spirit form at the end of Jedi
    The Emperor is now Ian McDirmid in Empire, and apparnetly has a scene in ANH! Han and Greedo shoot at the same time, and besides the effects being "shined up" once again, some of the dialogue has also been changed. I'll post ALL in about 12hrs....oh yeah!
    The Force will be with us!

18. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    IMO these are the best versions yet of the films. I love Empire even more now with the new Emperor/Vader scene. Thanks again QGJ for letting me see them a few days early!!

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    No problem. Hey, does everyone like the changes? I personally DON'T like what the sabers look like now. Vader/Obi fight scene looks a lot better, but otherwise I thought that they looked kinda crappy. They seem wavy, see-through, and more fake. And what's with Luke's saber being green for a few seconds on the Falcon??? I like the other changes. They are all suitable and provide better continuity...
    but what in the heck did they do to the sabers???

20. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    no i do not like the changes made to the movies these are not the same movies that we grew to love and cherish. I do think that GL needs to make another dvd set with the originals no changes I do like the quality in the sound. But i think he does himself a great discrase when he treats this like a hack job so that kids have a understanding of who is who in 4,5,6.

GL has a lot to learn about his own movies he wants to make it a story about Anakin i am down with that. I love vader. You all know the seen where Obi (spirit) and Yoda talk and Obi says this boy is our last hope and yoda says no there is another. ( My personal opinion is that there is no way he was talking about Leia, But he was talking about Anakin.

Reason i say this
    Who would teach Leia
    Who would Educate Leia that she can use the force.
    They did not tell Luke for the reason if they had lost him too he would just hunt her down for the emperror or for vader depending on how that fight went.

Then comes ROTJ and luke finds out who his sister is
    WTH was that thinking about
    Let see he is going to comfront vader/the emperror
    with this knowledge
    yes worked out great for a final fight with all the emotion and stayed on the side of the good.

I believe yoda saw a whole lot more than we are lead to believe i personally believe that from AOTC Yoda has seen Anakins Future to a point where he did not know for sure if Anakin would come back or if Luke would win.

But knowing that he was about to become one with the force and no one to teach Leia there was nothing else he could do but leave it to a Flip of a coin and hope that Qui Gon Jinn was right that Anakin was the chosen one To bring balance to the force....

And what kind of a balance are we talking here?
    there was only 3 sith that we know of is that the balance that there are no dark side users cause that will never be

Ever read the books there is always a Dark Force user was it that there was to many jedi and the side of good was to many and had to make it more even balance it out?

Well in the future of star wars Luke Jedi Master (LOL)
    I Will buy that for only one reason I am a Martial Artist as well and the way it works if all the higher belts were gone it is up to the next in line to take the roll of Grand Master.

But if all Were to die from black belt all the way to a White belt the White belt would be the master and would then have to Teach from what he knows and what he can learn to the remaining students but it will never go beyond that. Hell Luke could not even Lift a ship with the Force. Yes with time and practice he might do it. But there is no way in my personal beliefs that Luke could teach himself to become as powerfull in the force as he is in the books. And to develop a Acadamey of students he is to reckless Head strong you do not change over night yes grant it, it has been years since the fall of the Empire but if you read the books there are 100s of Jedi now all very powerfull force users and masters heck reaching master in the new jedi order is got to be pretty easy even in the games like Jedi knight Jedi Acadamey you start off as a learner by the end of the Game you are a Jedi knight one step away from a master.

Sorry i said to much, I am better now had to vent a little and i know some of you know what i mean talk to you all later

Ron

21. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, that was a lot said! Well, he could of very well meant Anakin...
    As far as the DVD's go, I'm totally down with the changes other than the Sabers. I don't think the sabers look that good.
    Anyway, hope you can make it to the meeting Ron-good to hear from you!

22. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I agree KC. This is awesome. The sabers still need some work, though. I can see how he didn't like the earlier versions, especailly from a flim maker's standpoint. There are so many aspects to consider to make sure it's the film you invisioned in your head... and to do it to the point of getting it as close as you can to the original vision and stay true to the story and characters can be a labor of love or simply labor. Otherwise it's not worth doing. I feel in GL's case he wasn't able to do it "right" the first time due to the tech not being aval.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.