main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD Cover of A New Hope

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by YeahLikeImNotOn, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeahLikeImNotOn

YeahLikeImNotOn Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    Does anybody else realize that the picture of Luke on the cover is an older version of Mark Hamill. In A New Hope he looks much younger, the picture looks like Luke did in The Empire Strikes Back. Anybody else see that?...I never really realized how much he changed during the times between the films...

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    There are so many weird things about the DVD covers. The cover for ROTJ has Luke with 2 real hands, and the Vader on the ESB cover does not look like Vader from the movie.

I'm trying to find some good fan-made ones with the gold lettering on the sides.

3. Emperor1121

Emperor1121 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2004
    How can you tell if it's a real hand or fake hand? I can't exactly pull out the dvd right now, but i do know that his fake hand looked exactly like a real hand. So how can you tell a difference?

4. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I seem to remember that the Luke image on the front of the ANH case is actually a publicity still from 1977, for ANH. I think Mark Hamill had a car accident between the end of filming and the film's release, and his appearance changed because of that - so when they did these publicity shots, he looked a bit different to how he did in the movie.

5. marky_wan

marky_wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    The only thing thats odd on any of the DVD covers is that Luke is holding the lightsabre like he has a clue what he's doing.

When does he ever use it in ANH? Never.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    That is correct, DMM, though I think the car accident was between principal photography and reshoots.
    I like how the ANH cover is pink, BTW(believe it or not). I noticed that the film does have a lot of pink details in explosions, fighter engines and stuff, so it does make sense for the cover to be pink.

7. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    It's pink to match Vader's frilly underpants.

8. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    ^^^lmao

9. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    :p thats a creppt thought

Edit: JMZ nive avatar lol

10. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    "The cover for ROTJ has Luke with 2 real hands,"

One of those hands is the bionic hand that looks real. He started the movie without the black glove, and put it on after taking-out Jabba's goons since it was damaged by a laser blast. So having him without the black glove on the cover is perfectly fine...since he appears without it at the beginning of the movie.

EDIT: And if you look at the top of the ROTJ DVD...which has the original movie poster from 1983 on it...he has "two real hands" there, too...so...yeah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.