main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD cover officially released!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DroidGeneral, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

It's all the soccer moms who still think VHS is neato that insist on FULLSCREEN DVD's. My local video store has 90% FULLSCREEN DVD's to rent. I complained about it, and was told that most of his customer's don't like the black bars and think they cover up the picture. I told the manager he needs to EDUCATE his customers then, as DVD was meant to be a videophile's way of watching movies, meaning EVERYTHING has to appear on screen. He truly didn't seem to care and was more interested in making money. Thanks alot, sir.

2. DARK_HELMET_05

DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    No problems for me, I live in the UK :D

ps: someone needs to add a british flag to the emoticon/faces list

3. AnakinSkywalker61290

AnakinSkywalker61290 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    I think the DVD Cover is rad.

4. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jedi_Master_Eric Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    Does any one know when the Menu Designs and back art design will be relesed?

5. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    I'd like to see Yoda on the cover, too...but surely what's INSIDE is more important than who or what is in the cover? ;)

6. Salacious_Spock

Salacious_Spock Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    What with its size an all, a DVD cover has to be clearer / more minimalistic (a bit like comparing a 12 inch LP cover to a CD cover if you know what I mean,) but I still think it's rather cold.. (But it's what's on the inside that counts!)

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think it's the best of all the Star Wars covers. The characters are set up in a nice arc and The Duel fills out the arc perfectly. Also, you have Anakin and Obi-Wan looking concerned, Sidious looking evil and Padmé looking at Anakin, with the starfighters symbolizing the friendship of the two Jedi and Vader's mask foreshadowing the horrible end of their duel.
    It implies that the movie is a masterpiece, which, of course, it is :)

That DVD cover is great
    /LM

8. TheDude5000

TheDude5000 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    It's alright. I dont care for the cover, but I do care for the deleted scenes, and hopefully the full 12 minute final duel is somewhere in there..[face_praying]

9. Kamikrazy

Kamikrazy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm most excited about the "feature-length documentary". If we get anything even near the length of Empire of Dreams I will be so happy. :)

EDIT: Although, I am experiencing some confusion regarding the definition of "feature-length". Do they mean a documentary the length of a feature (hour and a half)? Or documentary the length of that which you normally find on a feature (45 mins to hour)?

10. Mr_Kal-El

Mr_Kal-El Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2005
    2 and a half hours for a documentary would be great. I hope they go far into discussing the story because there is no featurette for it. I can't wait to get my hands on the dvd, in Widescreen of course. And I pray to God that Ben Burtt doesn't have much of a say in the commentary, if he's even on it.

11. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Halloween with ROTS dvd release, oh yeah oh yeah!

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Widescreen for me, as always!!!

I agree, any idea as to when they'll release the backside of the DVD, the look of the menus and the featurettes!?!?

13. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    Soon, according to the OS.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't care about the case. Just tell us what's going to be on the DVD. ;)

15. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It's full-length documentary, not feature-length. Which says even less about how long it is.
    Only two featurettes... That's lame. TPM had five, AOTC three and ROTS two.
    I sure hope that there are some surprises!

Anakin is the chosen one
    /LM

16. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    The full length documentary is the thing i always look forward to most, closely followed by the deleted scenes.The Beginning-From puppets to pixels & Empire of dreams are all great, i can watch them over & over...I especially love the bit at the end of The Beginning where Rick McCallum turns up at the theater on Ep1's opening night "This is ****ing awesome!" The cheer that goes up when the SW logo fills the screen brings tears to my eyes! Ahhh, great days....

Ahem, anyway, back on topic.ROTS DVD is released on oct 31st in the UK, huzzah! [face_dancing]

17. DarthTornado

Jul 15, 2004
    Well, I just recently got a job at Target, so I'll be getting my hands on a copy before most of you. Muwahahahahahahahahahah! ;)

18. Thulium

Thulium Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 1999
    Since my thread was locked (even though it's not really feedback considering the DVD isn't released yet), could you point us to this thread? I searched but could not find. :(

19. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, since I'm ROTS mod as well now I will add them to the official threads link at the top of the page momentarily.

20. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Awesome. But where's General Grevious, he played an important role in ROTS.

21. Jolt-Cola

Jolt-Cola Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    "But where's General Grevious, he played an important role in ROTS."

What role would that be, except for the villain of the day? Grevious was a lame droid who got his arse kicked because he didn't think it would be a good idea to cover his internal organs (wtf?) with some armor plating.

Liked the flames coming out of his eyes though. Highly combustible, those droids.

22. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I like the cover and I cant wait to see the documentarys and deleted scenes! :D

23. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    So we still haven't seen the back of the cover, right?

24. smashbro203

smashbro203 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
  25. DarthTornado

Jul 15, 2004
    It's probably coming soon though, the OS has been updating every night now rather than once every couple of days like it used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.