main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Hello out there! In my continuing effort to add to the chapter, I'm creating this thread to highlight the big DVD deals of the current week. For the most part this thread will address new releases, but of course if some 20 year old classic is being sold for $1.50, then we'll certainly post that too. Let me know if the price posted can be found for less elsewhere, or if I've missed the new release that's near & dear to your heart.

For the week of 7/13/03 (release date: 7/15/03):
    Shanghai Knights $14.99 at Best Buy or for $25 you can get this film and "Shanghai Noon." The latter deal is available at both Circuit City & Best Buy.
    Friends: The Complete 4th Season is $29.99 at both Circuit City & Best Buy. If you're missing previous Friends' seasons, then Best Buy has a sliding scale discount if you're buying more than one season. See the Best Buy Sunday ad for details or at www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat6100050001&type=category&cmp=.
    Gods & Generals (Sequel to Gettysburg) is $17.99 at both Best Buy & MediaPlay. NOTE: I had previously posted Circuit City having the same price, but this was incorrect.
    M*A*S*H Season 4 Collector's Edt. is $29.99 at MediaPlay and Best Buy. NOTE: In addition to Friends, this title may be cheaper at Sam's Club, so I'll try to update this post on Tuesday if the price is better.
    Those are all the advertised deals for this week. If any Imperial Probe Droids detect that the Rebels have slashed prices at other retail outlets, please forward the data to this Comlink. [face_devil] :p

TTFN (Ta-Ta, for now),
    DVDMaster

2. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Just a quick update on today's prices. All of the prices below were found at Sam's Club (Antioch). Be aware that in some rare instances, different clubs will have different prices.
    Friends: The Complete 4th Season can be found at Sam's for $28.47.
    M*A*S*H Season 4 Collector's Edt. is $25.88. Also, I noticed at Mediaplay they have the 3rd season of M*A*S*H on sale for $26.99.

Finally, I didn't mention this one earlier, but Sam's had Buffy the Vampire Hunter, Season 4 for $39.87. That's all for now folks. :D

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, young Jedi there isn't much to report this week. For the week of 7/20/03 to 7/26/03:
    Final Destination 2 Best Buy offers this for $14.99 or for $25 you can buy both it and the original film.
    Cast Away, The Sound of Music, Planet of the Apes (Tim Burton version), The Abyss, and ID4 Best Buy is offering "Best Buy excusive 2-DVD collector's editions" of these films 2 for $25. Don't know much about these, but I imagine that they were the orginal 2 disc versions that came out and then were yanked off the shelves by the film companies and were replaced by crappier and cheaper single disc versions. As far as I know Tim Burton's (horrible) version of "Planet of the Apes" has always been a 2-disc set. I recently saw a new copy of this film for like $6-$7 at some local retailer (K-Mart, Blockbuster, Wal-Mart), but I can't remember where. :(

That about does it this week. Next week, I believe is a much bigger DVD release week. Happy Shopping!

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well campers, doesn't look like there's much for you to go out & spend your hard-earned $'s on this week. Here are your deals for the week of 7/27/03 to 8/02/03:
    Daredevil WS or FS version can be grabbed for $15.99 at either Best Buy or Circuit City. Circuit will knock off $3 if you also buy the Daredevil soundtrack for $11.99. Solaris & Spiderman can also be grabbed up at Circuit City for $15.99.
    The Uh, thanks I bought it a few years ago Department American Pie I & II are both being rereleased with behind the scenes 45-minute bonus discs (unique for each film) for $15.99 for each movie set at Best Buy.

Family Night: While not really a deal, but for you parents out there Piglet's Big Movie can be grabbed for $19.99 at either Best Buy or Circuit City. If you need this flick I suggest checking Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Ebay, or Amazon for some savings on this title (it's called a sale people, let the consumer keep $1 - $3 if they buy it the 1st week).
    Highlander (Season 2) the 9-disc set (w/exclusive Best Buy content) will set you back $54.99 at Best Buy as they roll out their version of MediaPlay's replay membership.
    Circuit City $12.99 Deals: Brotherhood of the Wolf, Tomb Raider, Almost Famous (org., not the deluxe 3 disc set), Conan The Barbarian (Collect. Edt.), In Too Deep, or Scent Of a Woman.
    Best Buy's 2 for $20 Deals: Happy Gilmore, Meet the Parents, Next Friday, L.A. Confidential, Leaving Las Vegas, Full Metal Jacket, Exit Wounds, Steve Irwin: Crocodile Hunter's Collision Course (Crickey!), and The Replacements (Keanu says "Whoaaaaa!).
    Next Week brings us: Steve Martin & the Queen in Bringing Down the House, Malcolm in the Middle's summer project Agent Cody Banks, the 25th Anniversary edition of Halloween (shouldn't this be released in October?), Casablanca will come in a 2-disc Sp. Edt., & Charlton Heston's Soylent Green will also drop on August 5th.

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Don't forget Spongebob Squarepants: Tide & Seek also comes out today...only $14.99! Just picked mine up along with DareDevil (also $14.99) at Target.

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Mike, good call last week on the Daredevil disc. Companies rarely want to clearly state their price on an ad (Hot Price, what is that crap?? Just tell me the price & let me know if it's worth it). The $14.99 price was great, but I think I'm waiting till Blockbuster clearances their stock.

I spoke to a dude at Mediaplay & he said the company is cutting ads down to like 2 per month. Also said some investment firm bought Mediaplay, Suncoast, & Sam Goody from Best Buy, so no idea on how this will affect product selection. Nevertheless, you're going to see my report mostly covers Best Buy, since my Tennessean once again didn't come with a Circuit City ad.

Deals for the week of 03 AUG 03 to 09 AUG 03:
    Star Trek: DS9 (Season 4): The box set can be had for $99.99 with Bonus disc (45 min. of Behind the Scenes stuff) at Best Buy and Mediaplay. EDIT: Mediaplay still has the bonus disk as they've had in the past.
    Bringing Down the House Steve & the Queen can be grabbed for $15.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City (used their website) :) Circuit City will give you a free 2 song CD soundtrack for the film with purchase.
    Agent Cody Banks Malcolm in the Middle's flick can be yours for $16.99 at Circuit City.
    Casablanca the 2-disc special edition set can be had for $17.99 at Best Buy.
    What a Girl Wants the teenie-booper flick is $17.99 at Circuit City.
    Halloween 25th Anniversay Mike Myers (the murderer, not Austin Powers, :p ) is celebrating his birthday for $15.99 at Best Buy.
    Best Buy's 2 for $20 Deals: NOTE: you've got to buy 2 of these. See the 2 for $20
    Circuit City's $8.99 buys: The Sandlot, Jerry Maguire, St. Elmo's Fire, & the Cable Guy.
    Next week: Comes the 2nd Season of Simpson's sequel Futurama, Benicio & Tommy Lee Jones mix it up in The Hunted, Lizzie McGuire leaps from the big screen, Chris Rock is the Head of State, TV box sets Will & Grace Season 1 & Babylon 5 (Season 3), & new SE versions of Duel & Jim Carrey's The Mask will hit the streets.

Let me know if you find a better price! :D

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 8/10/03 to 8/16/03:
    Cradle 2 the Grave DMX's flix can be had for $15.99 at Best Buy, Target, or Circuit City.
    Head of State Chris Rock's presidency is yours for $15.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City.
    The Hunted Benicio & Tommy Lee Jones go head-2-head for $17.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City. Best Buy will give you this title & Double Jeopardy for $25.
    Will & Grace (Season 1) is $29.99 at Best Buy & Target.
    Futurama (Season 2) The recently canceled show is $35.99 for the 4 disc set at Best Buy. Buy it and Season 1 for $29.99 & save an extra $10.
    SNL Best of... Saturday Night Live has the best of Adam Sandler, Molly Shannon, & Will Ferrell for $14.99 each. Buy the $49.99 SNL 25 Years of Music and you can buy any 1 Best of... (mentioned above) for $7.99.
    Babylon 5 (Season 3) will set you back $74.99 at Best Buy.

8. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    If you order Seasons 1, 2, and 3 together of Family Guy (Volume 1 contains the first two seasons, and Volume 2 has Season Three) from Amazon, you can get them all for $67.48.

Similarly, you can get Seasons 1 & 2 of 24 together for $92.47.

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Deals for the week of 8/17/03 to 8/23/03:

Chicago the best picture of the year is going for $15.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target(?). Mediaplay finally put an ad out this week (yeah!, sorry I live for ads, kinda sad really...) and while they do not list a price (website says $19.95) when you buy the film from them you can receive the 1-disc version of Moulin Rouge for $5.99 more. Because Chicago has only 1 disc, there are some who believe a 2-disc director's cut could be in the future. I think I'm just going to rent this one, sometime. Circuit City will give you a CD Single with purchase of the DVD or Soundtrack. For $20 Best Buy will give you the DVD & the soundtrack. Boy, the ad wizards were working overtime on this one.
    National Lampoon's Vacation: 20th Anniversary Special Edition practically the entire case will recant memories on the commentary for $12.99 at Circuit City.
    Bowling For Columbine while I disagree with the little stint he pulled this year at the Oscars, the Academy Award winning film has some good buzz behind it. You can grab it for $16.99 at Best Buy.
    NYPD Blue the first 2 seasons of the ABC ratings fav are $45.99 each at Best Buy. Buy 'em both & save $15. A serious fan might find Season 2 cheaper at Sam's Club.
    Best Buy's 2 for $15 deal too many films to list.
    Buy 1 for 9.99 & get 1 free Circuit City has 30 MGM films available under this deal. Highlights are: Rocky 2 & 3, Get Shorty, When Harry Met Sally, Robocop, Breakin' 2 Electric Boolaloo (Best subtitle ever!), Battle of Britain, Bandits, & Ronin.

Good work Hama on catching the deal for Family Guy. Since Vol. 2 doesn't release until Sept. 9, I have no intelligence on the title.

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, this is of course one of the big weeks for Sci-Fi DVDs (except for SG-1 fans and that's next week :cool: ). For the week of 8/24/03 to 8/30/03:
    FREE MOVIE For those who didn't see it in the DVD news thread, Best Buy has a free disc containing the first 2 episodes of the 2nd season of 24, just for walking in the door. I had to ask one of the blue shirts about it, but he handed it over with a smile.
    LOTR: The 2 Towers the 2 disc theater version DVD set comes out this week and serves as a teaser for the upcoming Extended version that comes out in November. The film is available for $14.95 at K-Mart and for $14.99 at Circuit City. Fair warning, K-Mart generally stocks only the Full Screen version of DVDs when they offer great prices. While the ad shows a WS version, just be prepared for them only having the FS version. It also appears that Target is selling both version of the disc for $14.99, but officially it's being sold for a "Low Price" (y'all know my feelings about this shady advertising tactic), but they'll give you 2 liters of 7 Up (no dnL, sorry :) ) free with your DVD. Get fizzy while watching Frodo! EDIT: the Target price has been confirmed to be $14.99.

If you want something with your LOTR purchase there are stores that will meet this greedy desire of yours :p , but it's going to cost you! Mediaplay wants the standard $19.99, but they'll also give you the widely hated film Dungeons & Dragons for just an extra $6.99. They also have the light-up box version of the One Ring for only $7.99. Best Buy wants $16.99 for their discs, but they'll give you (specially marked packages) a "Bonus Adventure Card," that features online access to Best Buy Exclusive coupons plus other great offers and sneak peeks. Yeah, that's worth $2! Take a KMart ad with you make them give you their card (they can't take it away if it's in the shrink package) and your 2 green pictures of George Washington.
    The Simpsons (Season 3) Finally, Groening releases the 3rd season! Not much info on this one. Best Buy is offering the multi-disc set for $33.99, but the Force tells me that Sam's Club will have it for less and I'll update this posting if that's true. There are multiple $10 off deals with this set if you buy multiple seasons. Email me or PM me if you need to know where to go for this.
    Animal House: Double Secret Probation Edition Bellushi, togas, Moris Day and the Time and the rest of the Deltas are back, for $12.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City.
    Best Buy "Buy of the Week" for $9.99 you can get the entire 6 episode run (only 2 were ever aired on ABC) of Kevin Smith's Clerks: The Animated Series or the original Blues Brothers. Kevin Smith's Mallrats is also available for $12.99. With any Kevin Smith DVD you don't buy it just for the film, the commentary is worth the money alone (especially if Ben Affleck is included, which he is for Mallrats).
    Well, y'all that's enough for this week. Choose wisely on which LOTR you buy. The master hopes to be closing on a house in a few weeks and while Homer will be joining my collection, I think only the 4 disc LOTR will be added. You know I never got to see the 2 Towers with my ticket from the 1st LOTR DVD extended release. See, you only had 2 weeks to use the ticket (at Xmas time no less) & I was sick as a dog that entire time. I was not happy about that one! Almost wrote New line a letter about that one, but how many of you can say you have this unique collectible in your DVD box? Remember True Believers, you keep reading 'em & I'll keep writing them!

11. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I love it when this happens...I got my Simpsons season 3 DVDs at Wal-Mart last Wednesday! That's kinda like when I was getting Episode 2 figures at Walgreens 3 weeks before the release date. I didn't even realize they screwed up until I saw the Best Buy ad yesterday!

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, I once bought the 2nd season of MASH a few days early at Wal-Mart. They're really bad about street dates, sometimes. How much did they cost you? Walmart.com list the set at $32.47.

13. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I bought both versions last time and "regifted" the theatrical version for my nephew. I'm doing the same thing this year. :D I picked it up at Target w/ tax for $16.38

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Quick update: The following prices were found at Sam's Club today (8/26).

Simpsons Season 3 new winning price is $31.83
    Futurerama Season 2 is $33.67
    ER (Season 1) is $37.82

Just wanted to share this with you.

SIDE NOTE: So Kir, have you turned your back on Indy for now or has Jabba's palace reached your list of Top 10 vacation spots? :p

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm on a lovely "6 Days 7 Nights" vacation to the lovely sand dunes of Tatooine where guests enjoy free drinks on the veranda at Jabbas palace. However, Indy shall return ;)

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    All right, first off welcome home D-Coners! Hope you had a blast for those of us who couldn't go! Here's the update for the week of 8/31/03 to 9/06/03:
    Stargate SG-1: All 4 seasons can be purchased for $49.99 each at Best Buy. Sliding scale savings: Buy 2 seasons save $10, 3 seasons saves $25, & all 4 seasons saves you $40. Even though I'm buying the house I'm buying Seasons 1, 3, & 4 to catch up. Thanks Scruff, Hama, and Kir for getting me hooked. :D
    Alias (1st Season): is $39.99 at Circuit City and you get a free book "Alias Recruited" with purchase.
    Angel (Sesaon 2): is $45.99 at Best Buy, Target & Circuit City. Buy Season 1 at Best Buy (same price) and save $10.
    Xena (Season 2): is $44.99 at Best Buy, buy season 1 for the same price and save $20.
    Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (SE): The 2-disc set is $17.99 at Best Buy & Circuit City.
    CSI (Season 2): is $64.99 at Target. Buy both seasons at Best Buy for $69.99 each and save $20.
    A Man Apart: Check out Vin Diesel for $15.99 at Circuit City. Identity is also $15.99 at Best Buy & Circuit City.
    Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror: A special collection of Springfield Halloween episodes is $9.99 at Best Buy.
    Catch up with Screech, Zack, Kelly and the rest of Bayside High with Saved by the Bell: Seasons 1 & 2 that's $36.99 at Best Buy.
    LOTR: The 2 Towers (again): for those who missed the boat last week you can pick up the sequel for $17.99 at Best Buy. While there, also buy a 16 pack of AA or AAA batteries and get the DVD {b]Dark City[/b] for FREE!
    1980's High School Collection: Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, & Animal House (Super Secret Probation Edt.) are each $12.99 at Best Buy.

That'll about do it for the update this week. You might want to glance over the Best Buy TV box set selection as a few others not mentioned above are also knocked down a few bucks. Not enough for me to continue to type them out at 11:00 pm, though :p . Later!

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Thanks Scruff, Hama, and Kir for getting me hooked.

Glad I could help. :p

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    My Discover card may not be so thankful though. However, it looks like my house may not close so now I'm glad I've got the sets.

Scott, I'll be able to return your Season 1 set now that I've got one of my own. Thanks for lending them to me. :D

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Morning campers! Not a whole lot to report to you this week. For the week of 9/07/03 to 9/13/03:
    Bulletproof Monk (SE): The coldly received actioner can be had for $15.99 at Circuit City. Mediaplay does not list their price for this title, but if you buy it from them, they'll let you have Rocky (SE) (the 1st one) for an extra $5.99.
    Malibu's Most Wanted: One of DVDMaster's Least Wanted films is $15.99 at Best Buy.
    Confessions of a Dangerous Mind: George Clooney's opus on the Gong Show is $17.99 at Circuit City. Oddly, I hear this film will be back at the theaters in one week (8/15) to try and get more box office draw. Bad market strategy for a re-release.
    Sleeping Beauty: Disney's 2-disc SE set is $17.99 at Circuit City and Best Buy. Best Buy will also include a 3-song CD sampler w/songs from Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Beauty & the Beast.
    The Core: The age old question of, "wWhat would happen if Ben Affleck and the rest of the Armageddon were placed in a Jules Verne novel?" is answered for $17.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City(?).
    The Family Guy Volume 2 (Season 3): The first & second box sets of the lovable 20th Century Fox family is $35.99 each at Circuit City and Best Buy. Also at both stores, if you purchase both volumes (seasons 1 to 3) they'll knock $10 off the total. That beats the Amazon deal by around $6 (plus S&H) that was noted earlier in the thread. Target only advertises the second volume for $35.99.
    24 (Season 2): Remember those free 24 teaser DVD's I told you about a few weeks ago? Well, here's what it was teasing (Also, I have an extra one of the free DVD's so whichever NADer contacts me (PM) can have it ;) ). Best Buy has priced both seasons at $49.99 each; buy both seasons and get $15 off (also those teaser DVDs have a rebate on them for $10 for the purchase of either season). Season 2 is a 7-disc set, while the 1st one is a 6-disc set. Circuit City has a deal that's close, but not quite as good as BB.
    "View From the Top," "Dysfunctional Family," & "A Mighty Wind": These 3 films come out this week, but everyone wants the standard $19.99 for them, so I'm not mentioning stores.
    Best Buy's 3 for $30 Deal: Great deal on some recent releases, I can't find three that I want and don't already have. Hopefully some of you will have better luck. Titles include: O Brother Where Art Thou?, Die Another Day (SE), Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Just Married, Fight Club (1-disc version), Top Gun (no extras though), & This is Spinal Tap. For a complette list see: Get 3 for $30

That'll about do it for now, campers. :p Would cabin #3 please return their counselor? We've checked all the closets, tents, and caves in the area and we'd really like to have him back. His family is very worried; joke's over, OK guys? Also, remember that the swim area is off limits until we catch that shark. Have a good week. :p

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, there's even fewer titles out this week. For the week of 9/14/03 to 9/20/03:
    Anger Management: Adam Sandler & Nicholson mix it up in this enjoyable romp. Available for $14.99 at Circuit City. If you want As Good As It Gets or A Few Good Men, Best Buy will give you a 2 for $20 deal.
    ConFidence: The Rachel Weisz and Rainman, what more could you want? $15.99 at Best Buy.
    Discounts of Recent Releases: A couple of stores went crazy for deals this week.
    About Schmidt is $12.99 at Best Buy
    Old School (Unrated) is $14.99 at Circuit City.
    Soap (Season 1): See Benson before he got his own show. The eye-raising '70's series debts on disc for $24.99 at Best Buy.
    Monty Phyton & The Holy Grail (Collector's Edition): Not quite sure how this differs from the less expensive 2-disc set that was released some time ago. This one appears to have the same extras as the set I got on my shelf (Special Edition) except this one has a paperback version of the script with it. Target is advertising it for $39.99. Best Buy.com lists it under the new releases, but they show the same old $22.99 version I've got.
    Circuit City and Best Buy are having $12.99 and 2 for $15 deals, respectivly for older releases. Check ads or PM for details if interested.
    Also, NADers PM me if you want to know how to get Easy Rider (30th Anniv. edition) for a low cheap price. I still have that FREE 24 (Season 2) DVD by the way, easy way to watch the first 2 episodes completly, so either no one is reading this or y'all hate Keifer Sutherland :p . See y'all next week.

21. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    The 2nd season of 24 was good up to the part where the nuclear explosion went off, then it dragged on forever and ever and ever... The finale was uneventful to say the least except for the little cliffhanger for this season. Overall I liked season 2, but I don't think I could sit there and watch the whole thing again. As cute as the daughter is, her role sucks. They either need to take her character in a different direction or send her off to college, in other words off the show permanently only to return for brief cameos that ADD TO THE PLOT OF THE STORY, and not just to use up time.

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    My eyes! I've been spoiled! I'm only at 12:00 noon on Season One...

(Actually, I already got a 24 Season One spoiler by reading the 24 Season Two box.)

23. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    OK crew, another chance for a FREE DVD is at hand from your local Blockbuster. I have an extra one of these DVDs for whichever NADer PMs me first. Since I still have the 24 disc I'm guessing many of you went and got one of your own ;) . From tvshowsondvd.com:

Viacom Inc.-owned CBS has lined up several major sponsors--including sister companies Blockbuster Video and Paramount Home Entertainment--to help sell the network's fall TV schedule...The disc will be available at thousands of Blockbuster stores.
    ...CBS' plan to lure viewers to its fall lineup, which bows the week of Sept. 22, also enlists the net's Viacom-owned cable sisters as well as CBS' owned-and-operated TV stations.

The sneak-peek DVD was produced by CBS & Blockbuster. Elsewhere, it will be bundled with the Sept. 15 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

The DVD offers 5 to 6 minute previews of the Eye's six new shows as well as behind-the-scenes look at the CSI franchise, including an exclusive interview with Jerry Bruckheimer, executive producer of "CSI," "CSI: Miami," "Without a Trace," & new drama "Cold Case." There also will be an original music video headlining veteran rockers the Who, who do theme songs for both CSI shows, plus a CSI interactive game.

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey kids time to give you the straight poop on the deals of the week. Not much to tell this week though. For the week of 9/21/03 to 9/27/03:
    Daddy Day Care: Eddie Murphy's latest success is $15.99 at Circuit City. If you buy this title and "Holes" for $16.99 each at Best Buy, they'll knock off $5.
    Holes: The summer hit is also $15.99 at Circuit City. See the Best Buy deal above for a combined "Daddy Day Care" purchase.
    Casper: Christina Ricci's childhood work comes to DVD for $12.99 at Best Buy.
    A Mighty Wind: The Christopher Guest salute to folk-singing is $17.99 at Best Buy and Target.
    Smallville (Season 1): Superman's earlier years has hit the disc medium for $49.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target. As usual this box set may be less at Sam's Club.
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes: The classic "horror" flick is $15.99 at Best Buy. It comes with a 6-song soundtrack CD packaged w/DVD. Inclues commentary, deleted scenes, featurettes, trivia, and more.
    Babe (SE): The little oinker comes to DVD for $12.99 at Circuit City. Best buy has a 2-pack (assume this includes the Big Pig in the City (or whatever it's called) sequel) for $19.99.
    $12.99 Deals at Target: Die Another Day, Two Weeks Notice, The Princess Bride (SE), Legally Blonde, Fiddler on the Roof.
    $12.99 at Circuit City: The Usual Suspects (SE), The Bone Collector, Jurassic Park 2, Jaws (20th Anv. edt.).
    $12.99 at Best Buy: Red Dragon, 8 Mile, Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, Jaws (20th Anv. edt.), Jurassic Park (CE), The Mummy Returns, The Scorpion King, Empire, and American Pie 1 & 2.

See y'all next week, with the release of the Ozz man's 2nd season.

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    All right this is a little later than usually, but I had to get out a report for my Grad class first. For the week of 9/28/03 to 10/04/03:

Scarface: Anniversary Edition: Hey Mang, the 2-disc set is $15.99 at Circuit City (I'm going to resist throwing in a "Say hello to my little friend" joke). But speaking of little friends, there is also a deluxe collector's gift set at Best Buy for $44.99. Gift Set includes the DVD, the original 1932 movie version, collectible cards, & Tony Montana's money clip. I'd really like to see the money clip, but no one is including photo's of that, only the velvty lined box. I got to say unless you're a die hard fan it's not worth the extra $29 for a money clip and the old movie. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen this classic yet, but I've at least got it on VHS (not the same, I know).
    2 Fast 2 Furious: 2 many gimmik names out there. $15.99 for the disc at Circuit City & Best Buy. Best Buy will give you (packaged w/DVD) a bonus exclusive collectivle film cell 2. (got 2 keep up the theme)
    The Osbournes (Season 2): The not quite as funny as Season 1 (hey, I'll stll watch even if the shows are just Ozzy mumbling while watching a test pattern) hits the streets for $17.99 at Circuit City. If you buy both of the seasons (at $19.99 each) Best Buy will shave off $5.
    Boat Trip: Cuba Gooding Jr.'s trip with the Frisco crowd is $19.99 at Best Buy & Circuit City. For $20 though (only reason I'm writing about this title) Best Buy will also give you Nat. Lampoon's Van Wilder (censored version?).
    Dreamcatcher & Bend It Like Beckham: Both films are $17.99 at both Circuit City & Best Buy. C City will also give you a CD single with purchase.
    Fargo (SE): For about the same price as I paid for the bare bones version a few years back, you can get some neat new extras. It's $14.99 at Circuit City. But the extras aren't enough to tempt me to add a 2nd copy to the shelves. However, the had a pretty fun way to intro the DVD in the titled town. Take a minute to check it out: Fun with Fargo
    Best Buy's usual deals: Once again the Buy has discounted a bunch of titles. Several TV box sets (much of it is BBC type stuff) are 20% off at their BestBuy.com site. The are also offering a bunch of titles for $9.99 including (but not limited to) the Lethal Weapon Film Series, Purple Rain, Jerry Maguire, City By the Sea, Showtime, Ronin, Sleepers, The Cell, You've Got Mail, The Wedding Singer, & Three Kings.
    The Tick: Entire Series (Live Action): While not advertised anywhere this short lived TV series (starring Seinfeld's "Puddy") is out on disc today. The Best Buy website lists it for $22.99.

Lastly, I've still got the FREE 24 & CBS preview DVDs for any NADers out there. Just PM for details. The Lion King is out next week. Go to your local Kroger to find out how to earn a good discount or even the DVD totally free. See y'all next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.