main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Happy Birthday to Me: This unheard of film is out for the 1st time on DVD for $15.99 at BB.

Horror flick starring the oldest/blind daughter from 'Little House On The Prarie'. Came out about the same time as that other horror classic 'Terror Train' and some horror franchise called 'Friday the 13th'.

Greg the Bunny (complete series): This failed Fox series that had some interesting ideas to pursue is on a 13-episode set for $19.99 at BB.

Picked up a copy this week. GREAT DVD! The extras were fun, and it was nice to catch all the episodes. Like 'The Tick' and 'Clerks', it died an early death, and I missed a few of the few episodes that aired.

Went nuts this week and picked up Buffy 6 and 7- hey, like DVD Master said, they were on sale! Still watching 'Smallville' Season2, so I may wait on 3 until I get finished watching these and the Buffy ones. Then it's time to start collecting the 'Stargate' and 'Angel' ones.

Any word on when the next 'Batman: The Animated Series' (season 2) will hit stores?

2. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban: For Tuesday & Wednesday ONLY CC has this 2-disc set for $14.99. BB will sell you this one and one of the earlier Potter films 2 for $25. You can get all 3 films in a 6-disc box set for $399.99 at CC.

That must be some box set. Do they include a real gold snitch?

Star Wars Droid & Ewok Adventures: 3 titles arrive this week. 1.Ewoks - Animated 2.Droids - Animated & 3. Caravan of Courage & The Battle for Endor - Live Action. Each title is $8.99 at CC.

Is anyone going to buy these now, or are you going to wait for the full release of all the episodes?

The World Series 2004: Not sure, but I'm betting it's highlights of the St. Louis Cardinals is $14.99 at BB.

I think the people at Best Buy just picked the wrong image. Maybe they're Yankee fans who are still unwilling to believe the Red Sox won.

The Golden Girls (Season 1): I know y'all have been waiting for this one!

I haven't been, but Serena Williams sure was. She was on Jay Leno about two weeks ago and he surprised her with it.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "That must be some box set. Do they include a real gold snitch? "

That & it comes with a
    "KISS ME
    I ATE THE VOMIT FLAVORED
    BERTIE BOTTS EVERY FLAVOR BEAN"
    T-shirt. You also get a subscription to "Witch Weekly" & "The Daily Prophet".

4. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    ...You can get all 3 films in a 6-disc box set for $399.99 at CC.
    That must be some box set. Do they include a real gold snitch?

Aha! My little plan worked and it's true people still read my ramblings :p . Seriously, this shows what happens when there's a lot of typing required and little time to "spell-check". The ads are long gone now, but I believe the price was $39.99. Thanks to all who caught the error.

Star Wars Droid & Ewok Adventures. Is anyone going to buy these now, or are you going to wait for the full release of all the episodes?

I'm waiting awhile before I buy these. I might have bought the live action DVD, but with the Seinfeld set and the upcoming Holiday season, I needed to watch my funds.

The World Series 2004: Not sure, but I'm betting it's highlights of the St. Louis Cardinals is $14.99 at BB.

Just posting what the BB ad showed. Shows how weak I am on sports, as I didn't have a clue about who won the series.

5. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, this post is only for archival purposes in the hope that it'll help in the future. Recap of After Thanksgiving Day Sales (By store):

Wal-Mart: Had a binful of $3.88 movies (Friday from 0600 to 1100). What I could find at the Antioch store was: Nat. Lampoon's Vacation, Exit Wounds, Boiler Room, Fear.com, How to Deal, Magnum Force, Dave, & Pale Rider.

Target: For $17.77 each was Family Guy (Vol. 1), Buffy (Season 7) [These were the 2 titles the girlfriend (DVDPrincess) was after and we reached the Target DVD section 5 min. after the door opened & they were gone], Simpsons (Season 4), South Park (Vol. 1 & 2), & Dawson's Creek (Season 4). Also they had the OT Box set for $39.99 (DVDPrincess was able to grab a WS set of these and in the end arent't they more important than Family guy??). They also had Shrek 2 & Elf for $15.88 each for their Friday & Saturday sale.

Circuit City: For $11.99 each (Friday 0600 to 1000): Aladdin, The Day After Tomorrow, Kill Bill Vol. 2, The Punisher, Man on Fire.
    They also had a slew of films for $4.99 each including: Michael, From Hell, Get Shorty, Space Cowboys, Behind Enemy Lines, You've Got Mail, Die Hard, Dave, Down With Love, Blade Runner, the Silence of the Lambs, Uptown Girls, Training Day, Rio Bravo, The Abyss (SE), Entrapment (SE), About Schmidt, Men of Honor, amongst others.

Best Buy: Here was the big sales (from 0600 to 1200). For $12.99 each was the first seasons of "Will & Grace" & "24" (was glad to grab one each of these).
    For $9.99 each: Chappelle's Show (Season 1), Mean Girls, Aladdin (SE), The Day After Tomorrow, & Man on Fire.
    Their 5 for $25 deal included: Training Day, You've Got Mail, Ace Ventura 1, About Schmidt, Blade Runner, Sleepers, Grumpy Old Men, The Client, Exit Wounds, Conspiracy Theory, Absolute Power, Dave, Spies Like Us, Space Cowboys, Pale Rider, Joe v. the Volcano, Fear.com, Boiler Room, Vegas Vacation, Disclosure, Demolition Man, Chris Rock Bigger & Blacker, Selena, 3000 Miles to Graceland, Falling Down, & Executive Decision.

That's the highlights from the post-Turkey Season. Weekly post is to follow.

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 11/30/04 to 12/04/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    Spider-Man 2: This is the big release of the week. The 2-disc set is $14.99 at CC, BB, & CompUSA. BB includes an exclusive bonus disc "VH1 Goes Inside Spider-Man" spotlighting unforgettable moments from S-M2. They will also 2 for $25 this title with the purchase of the first film (SE). BB also is selling the SE & SuperBit versions of the first film for $14.99 each. There is also a DVD Gift Set for $34.99 at BB & CC. The gift set includes: postcards of theatrical posters, artist's portfolio, "Spider-Man No More" reprinted comic book, & concept-to-screen image booklet. Spider-Man (Season 1) of the newer animated series is $17.99 at MediaPlay. Spider-Man the '67 Collection featuring the first 3 seasons of the cartoon is $44.99 at BB.
    DareDevil (Director's Cut): The new version is $12.99 at KM, BB, & Target.
    Hero: The Asian film is $16.99 at CC.
    Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison set: The 2-disc set is $17.99 at KM & CC, but appears to be $15.99 at Target (price unconfirmed).
    Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius: The film for duffers is $15.99 at Target.
    Northern Exposure (Season 2): This is the one I wish I could get this week (need to watch funds). The 2-disc 7-episode set comes wrapped in a yellow parka for $34.99 at Target & CC.
    Tru Calling (Season 1): The 20-episode 6-disc set is 39.99 at CC.
    Lost In Space (Season 2, Vol. 2): The 14-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    Samantha, An American Girl Holiday: The Julia Roberts produced film is $24.99 at Target and includes a doll & mini-book.
    Katy Griffin: Allegedly: The stand-up special is $14.99 at BB.
    BB's Box Set Deals: Naked Gun Set is $29.99, Lethal Weapon Set is $39.99, Die Hard Trilogy is $42.99, Police Academy 7-film set is $44.99; The Diry Harry 5-movie set, Godfather Trilogy, & SW Trilogy are each $49.99; the Alien Quadrilogy is $74.99.
    Target's $10 DVDs: Spider-Man, Lizzie McGuire Movie, Catch the Kid, Radio, Monster, Mona Lisa Smile, You Got Served, Master & Commander, & Bad Boys II.
    CC's 2 for $20 Deal: You Got Served (SE), Resident Evil (Deluxe Edt.), 50 First Dates, Bad Boys 2, Radio, Underworld, 8 Crazy Nights, Patriot, Black Hawk Down (1-disc), XXX, Daddy Day Care (SE), Spider-Man, WildThings (unrated), Big Daddy, & Men In Black (Deluxe Edt.)
    CC's $5.99 deals: The Wash, Double Jeopardy, Tales From the Hood, Dog Soldiers, Cobra, Mars Attacks, Frailty, Godzilla, ...And Justice for All, Kiss the Girls, The Peacemaker, Martin Lawrence You So Crazy, The Story of Us, AntiTrust, Basic Instince (SE), and The Toy.
    BB's Holiday 2 for $20 films
    KM's $12.99 Holiday Films: The Santa Clause 1 &/or 2, Nat. Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 1 &/or 2, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey).

That's all for now!

7. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    The folks at Suncoast told me the second season of 'Batman: The Animated Series' will be out in January. Can't wait. I'm hoping 'Mad Love' is in this set.

Picked up the 'Spiderman2' DVD and spend most of the afternoon watching the extras! Pretty cool.

8. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 12/05/04 to 12/11/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    The Bourne Supremacy: Grab the Matt Damon flicki for $14.99 at BB, CompUSA, & CC. BB will also take 10% off any regularly priced DVD with the purchase of this title (what a weird promotion).
    DodgeBall-A TRUE underdog story: Pick up the Stiller & Vaughn film for $14.99 at CompUSA. BB has the title for $1 more (get a CompUSA ad and make'em price-match) and includes an on-pack (so they have to give it to ya) headband. MediaPlay will sell you this title & There's Something MORE About Mary (WS Collectore's Edt.) 2 for $25.
    Man On Fire {/b] & Hero: These 2 titles are also available for $14.99 each at CompUSA.
    The Ultimate Matrix Collection: Get this 10 disc set for $52.99 at BB. Also available is the The Ultimate Matrix Collection: Limited Edition that includes all 10 discs in the collection plus a collectible "Neo" figurine & an 84-page collector's book with never-before-seen artwork. This super-fest edition is $89.99 at BB. BB also includes with the purchase of either title a sneak peek at "Constantine" starring Keanu, including BTS footage & actor interviews.
    The Lion King Movie Collection: The set includes "Lion King SE," "Lion King 1.5," & "Lion King II: Simba's Pride." This set is only available until 1/31/05. The set is $49.99 at BB.
    The Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again: This sequel to the very funny film is $12.99 at BB & CC.
    Maria Full of Grace: This indie film is $15.99 at BB & Target.
    The Last Samurai & There's Something MORE About Mary (WS Collectore's Edt.): These two 2-disc sets are each $14.99 at Target.
    Wild at Heart: Some romantic film (never heard of it) is $14.99 at CC.
    Star Trek: Voyager (Season 6): The 7-disc set is $99.99 at BB & MediaPlay. They also include a bonus on-pack disc entitled "Star Mapping The Final Frontier."
    24 (Season 3): The Sutherland series is back in a 7-disc set for $44.99 at BB, Target, & CC. CC will knock off $10 with combined purchase of this & either of the other 2 seasons.
    M*A*S*H (Season 7): "Attention all staff, incoming wounded on choppers & on buses in the compound." The bare-bones 26-episode 3-disc set is $29.99 at BB, MediaPlay, & CC.
    Gilmore Girls (Season 2): This 22-episode 6-disc set is $39.99 at Target & CC.
    Carnivale (Season 1): HBO's creepy Twin Peakish series' first 12-episodes are $79.99!!!! at BB.
    Hanna Barbera Presents Top Cat (Complete Series): Another title from the Hanna Barbera Classic cartoon Collection is $34.99 at Target for the 4-disc set. Also, CC has The Flintstones (Season 2) from the same collection for $29.99 for the 32-episode 4-disc set.
    Garfield & Friends (Vol. 2): The 22-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    CC's bundle Deal: $10 off with purchase of any 2 of the following $34.99 sets: Family Guy (Vol. 2), Simpsons (S4), In Living Color (S2), Sex & the City (s6, Pt.1), South Park (S4), or Friends (S8).
    BB's 3 for $20 Deal
    CC's 2 for $20 Deal: Saving Pvt. Ryan (2-disc 60th Anniv.), Shaolin Soccer, Con Air, Secret Window, Jackie Brown (CE), Shrek, Gladiator, Rundown, Eurorip, Crimson Tide, Zoolander, Serendipity, Antz, Chicken Run, Old School, The Cat In the Hat (2003), Groundhog Day (SE), Not Another Teen Movie (SE), The Professional, So I married an Axe Murderer, Contract Killer, Forrest Gump, Duplex, or Fist of Legend.
    CC's $12.99 Holiday Films: Nat. Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (SE), The Nightmare Before Christmas (SE), A Christmas Story, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Santa Claus 2, & How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated). The classic Christmas Movie collection (Frosty, Rudolph, & Santa Claus Coming to Town) is $24.99.
    Target's $10 each Deal: Resident Evil (SE), Home Alone, The Last Samurai, In America, Club Dread, The Gods

9. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Dont know if this was posted before but I just read that the Clone Wars: Animated Series will be released on Mar 22.

Speaking of Animated SW... I watched half of the Droids DVD. Didnt someone say that there were only 2 episodes on each disc? And wernt these half hour cartoons?
    Then it would more acurate to say there are 2 story-arcs per disc. Cause each 'episode' runs about 88mins (or 4 half hour shows minus commercials).
    So there are really 8 episodes per DVD. That is for both Droids and Ewoks.

These cartoons are super-cheesey (as expected) but it is interesting to spot where stuff came from. Like... 'she is wearing Han's belt' and ' that ship is half a imperial shuttle'.

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 12/12/04 to 12/18/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    LOTR: The Return of the King (Extended Edition): The 4-disc set is $21.88 at the Antioch WMT. 2nd Place is BB at 22.99. The Collector's DVD Gift Set that includes the DVD, a Minas Tirith keepsake box (statue opens up) & bonus DVD "Creating the LOTR Symphony," is $49.99 at BB & CC. Also available is a 12-disc Set Extended Versions of all 3 LOTR films for $72.99 at BB.
    Top Gun (WS (or FS) Special Collector's Edt.): The new DVD version contains over 3 hours of special features. KM has it for $12.99. BB has it for $14.99 but includes a bonus disc that includes a riveting featurette about pilot training at Miramar Fighter Weapons School (Top Gun).
    I, Robot: The NAD viewed film is $14.99 at BB & CC. BB will knock $20 off the $99.99 RoboSapien (small robot) when you also buy this film.
    Collateral: The Tom Cruise film is $14.99 at CC.
    Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement: Anne Hathaway is back for $17.99 at BB or CC. MediaPlay will sell you this title along with the new Mary Poppins title for $30 total.
    Meet the Parents (Bonus Edt.): The original film includes 35 all new outtakes for $17.99 at BB & CC. BB advertises that it includes a free in-pack movie ticket for "Meet the Fockers." This should be available at all retail outlets.
    Mary Poppins (40th Anniversary Edt.): The 2-disc set is $17.99 at CC. See Princess Diaries 2 offer above.
    Rocky Anthology: The 6-disc set includes all 5 Rockey films plus a bonus disc for $39.99 at BB, Target, & CC
    Star Trek: The Original Series (Season 3): The final series of TOS is out in a 7-disc set for $89.99 at CC. BB includes a bonus disc with theirs for $99.99.
    Family Guy (Freakin' Sweet Collection): The unrated release includes 5 of the creator's favorite episodes & over 30 minutes of new content & commentaries as well as a preview of the next season. This includes an un-reaired bit in the episode "Road to Rhode Island" featuring Osama Bin Laden at an airport. The 5-episode set is $12.99 at CC.
    Quantuam Leap (Season 2): Dr. Beckett is back in a 3-disc, 22-episode set for $34.99 at CC.
    MTV's Newlyweds - Nick & Jessica (Season 1): The documentary about how much a man will put up with for a super-hot virgin wife is out in a 10-episode 2-disc set for $15.99 at Target & BB.
    Everybody Loves Raymond (Season 2): The love continues in this 25-episode 5-disc set for $29.99 at CC.
    Fat Albert's Greatest Hits (Ultimate Collection): The 4-disc 20-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    Target's Deals: $7.50 Each:Minority Report, Ocean's 11, American Beauty, Catch Me If You Can, Road to Perdition, A Few Good Men (SE), Biker Boyz, & Head of State.
    $10 Deals: Seabiscuit, Love Actually, Bruce Almighty, Le Divorce, Love Don't Cost A Thing, The Rundown, Final Destination 2, & Black Hawk Down (1-disc).
    BB's 2 for $15 Deal
    BB's OnLine 4 for $20 Deal
    BB's OnLine 2 SE's for $35 Deal
    CC's $14.99 Deals: The Stepford Wives (2004), Van Helsing, & The Passion of the Christ.
    CC's $7.99 Tom Cruise Deals: Minority Report (2-disc), Mission Impossible 2, & Jerry Maguire.
    CC's $11.99 Will Smith Deals: Independence Day (Lmtd. Edt.), Enemyu of the State, and Men In Black 2 (SE).
    CC's 2 for $15 Deal: The Siege, Return of the Dragon, Bill Cosby Himself, Cast Away, Boondock Saints, The Simpsons Gone Wild Brown Sugar, Moulin Rouge (1-disc), Kiss of the Dragon, Unfaithful, The Thin Red Line, High Crimes, Behind Enemy Lines, Edward Scissorhands, Commando, Anastasia, Broken Arrow, A Walk in the Clouds, Shallow Hal, My Cousin Vinny, From Hell, & M*A*S*H.
    CC's 3 fo

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Slight addition to the report.
    Princess Diaries 2 is $15.99 at Sears. They rarely advertise a good price so I'm totally surprised.

12. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    So about how many DVDs do you own now DVDMaster? o_O

13. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Not sure if my database (yeah, that's the only way to do it for me) is 100% up to date, but there are at least 546 (TV season sets count as 1) presently (& still counting). And of those, I've watched about 67.6% of my collection. I've had to slow down lately though. Blockbuster is still the best place to find a deal & CD Warehouse is good for the harder to find stuff. I find The Great Escape too high for their movie DVDs.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I just looked at my post count and it's at 999 so I couldn't think of a better place to post my 1000th comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

15. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Congrats!

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 12/19/04 to 12/25/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    The Manchurian Candidate: The Denzel Washington film is $14.99 at BB & CC. BB will include a bonus phone card with purchase worth 15 minutes.
    De-Lovely: The music biography is $14.99 at BB.
    Meet the Parents (Bonus Edt.): The original film to the sequel out this weekend is $15.99.
    Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease & Fit to Strip: These 2 titles are out today at CC for $12.99 each. Hubba, Hubba!
    Surviving Christmas: My GF & I have only dated alittle over 2 months and we saw this one at the theater when it came out. It's only worth a rental. Available at BB & Target for $19.99.
    Shawun of the Dead: The horror spoof is $19.99 at BB, KM & Target.
    King Arthur (Director's Cut): The Extended Unrated Version is $14.88 at CC.
    Anacondas: The snakey sequel is $17.99 at CC.
    Napoleon Dynamite: The film about a loser (wonder if he wins in the end) is $15.99 at BB.
    Thunderbirds & Two Brothers: These 2 summer films are out everywhere for $19.99. BB will knock off $5 when you buy the 2 together.
    The Simpsons (Season 5): For the first time we didn't have to wait a year for the box set. Grab the 22-episode 4-disc set for $29.99 at BB.
    Star Trek: Voyager (Season 7): The last season of Capt. Janeway's voyage across the universe comes home for $99.99 at BB who also includes a bonus disc with this 7-disc set.
    Top Gun (SCE): The SE is still $12.99 at CC.
    CC's Recent New Films for $17.99 each: Harry Potter 3, Princess Diaries 2, Passion of the Christ, The Day After Tomorrow, Man On Fire, Van Helsing, Kill Bill 2, Collateral, Bourne Supremacy, & Dodgeball.
    For $4.99 each CC has: The Corruptor, Feeling Minnesota, Bed of Roses, Home Fries (sucks), Protocol, & Deathtrap.
    $14.88 the New Stuff they have is: King Arthur (see above), Chronicles of Riddick, Shrek 2, Harry Potter 3 (different price on the back cover of ad), White Chicks, & Elf.
    CC's 2 for $20: Chicago, Santa Clause 1 & 2, Shaolin Soccer, Jackie Brown, Gangs of NY, Enemy of the State, Bringing Down the House, Freaky Friday, Bridget Jones's Diary, Rounders, Tombstone, Open Range, Under the Tuscan Sun, & Holes.
    CC's 2 for $15: Dracula, A Few Good Men (SE), Donnie Brasco (SE), Poetic Justice, the Professional, Legends of the Fall, XXX, The Sweetest Thing, The Wedding Planner, Higer Learning, A River Runs Throught It, & So I Married An Axe Murderer.
    BB's $9.99 Deals
    Target Deals:
    $7.50 each: Shrek 1, Jerry Maguire, Maid in Manhattan, Best of Will Ferrell 1, Reservoir Dogs, The Quiet Man (CE).
    For $10 each: The TX Chainsaw Massacre, American History X, Blade 2, Blow, Final Destination, & Friday.
    Box Set Deals: Friends (s8) & Simpsons (S4) are each $29.99, as is Fat Albert's Greatest Hits. Nip/Tuck (S1) is $34.99 & Arrested Development (S1) is $22.99.
    CompUSA $14.99 Deals: I Robot, Shrek 2, & Spider-Man 2.

There likely won't be an update next week due to holidays & travelling FYI. Until later!

17. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Thanks to Zach's weekly update Mrs. Claus here got great deals on some dvd's at circut city yesterday- they even price matched Shrek - I did not have an ad, but they did- thanks for the updates, they helped tremendously!
    Happy Holidays!

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 12/26/04 to 1/01/05. FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    Anchorman (Unrated, Uncut, & Uncalled For Edt.): The Will Ferrell hit comedy is $14.88 at WMT. It was $14.99 at BB which included an exclusive Bonus Disc with over 30 minutes of extra content, including deleted scenes & outtakes. BB also had a 2 for $25 deal with this film & "Old School." BB also had the 2-disc LE Gift Set for $24.99 that features the U*3 movie version they couldn't show in theaters, the never-before-seen feature Wake Up With Ron Burgundy, hours of bonus Will Ferrell entertainment plus a Ron Burgundy month-at-a-glance journal.
    Open Water: BB has this for $15.99 with a Bonus Disc that includes "Attacking The Shark Myth: Shark Conservation," a documentary on shark facts vs. shark lore & the "Open Water Survival Guide" that gives you lessons from diving professionals on what to do if you're stranded in the open. CC has this film for $14.99.
    Garden State: Directed & Starring the lead from "Scrubs" as well as co-starring Padme Skywalker was this Indi Film for $19.99 at BB & Target. CC had a "low price."
    Resident Evil: Apocalypse: The film was $15.99 at BB (possibly $14.88 at WMT). BB also had a 2 for $25 deal if you also got "Resident Evil" (Deluxe Edt.). CC had the Special Edt. Collector's Box Set that had 3-discs for $25.99 and featured the 2 films.
    BattleStar Galactica: The Miniseries: The pilot for the upcoming Sci-Fi Channel series was $19.99 at CC.
    Wicker Park: The Josh Hartnett film was $17.99 at CC.
    Buffy TVS (Season 1): the first box set was $12.99 at BB.
    Sex & the City (Season 6, Part 2): The final she bang was $26.88 at WMT & $29.99 at BB, CC & Target for the 8-episode, 3-disc set. It includes 3 never-before seen alternate endings to the series finale, 2 farewell tributes aired on HBO & deleted scenes from the entire series. CC would knock $15 off a combined purchase of season sets. BB would knock off $10 for s seasons or $80 if you bought all 7 sets.
    King of the Hill (Season 3): The Fox series straight from the heart of Texas was on a 3-disc set for $24.99.

Because of the Archival Purpose of this post, there is no need to write out all of the misc. weekly sales the different stores had.

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 1/02/05 to 1/08/05. The first full week review for 2005!! Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    FREE BB thing: They had these last week, but BB has a free "Exculusive DVD Buyer's Guide." The ad says to "Pick up your complimentary copy in our movie department to help complete your movie collection. Includes something for every DVD fan in the family."
    Troy: The 2-disc set is availble in FS & WS for $14.99 at CC. BB has it for $1 more & includes a bonus disc with commentaries (!?), a BTS look at choreography & rehearsal of the battle scenes, weapons practice, ancient art & set decoration, chariot stunt training and more. BB will sell you this title 2 for $25 if you buy one of the titles found here.
    Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle: Available in an "Extreme Unrated" edition. The title is abailable for $15.99 at KM & possibly Target. BB has this title 2 for $20 with the purchase of one of the films listed here.
    Spider-Man Deal: BB will sell you Spider-Man 1 & 2 for $20 total.
    Superbabies - Baby Geniuses 2 (Family Edt.): The kiddie flick is $15.99 at Target & BB.
    Little Black Book: I watched this Brittany Murphy film last night with the GF and it's pretty good! The romantic comedy with a (minor SPOILER) non-traditional ending (end SPOILER) is $17.99 at CC. I'd try WMT for a lower price.
    Riding Giants: Looks like a little known Indie film that's $17.99 at BB & CC.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (SE): The SE 2-disc version includes a "collectible" brochure & bonus disc for $19.99 at BB.
    Fraggle Rock (Cast Your Cares Away): Only Target mentions this for $12.99 and they've annnounced similiar titles early before.
    SpoongeBob Square Pants - Home Sweet Pineapple: The Nick hit is $12.99 at Target.
    God, The Devil & Bob (Complete Series: The complete 13-episodes of this short-lived NBC cartoon series is $17.99 at CC for the 2-disc set. The show starred Alan Cumming, James Garner, & French Stewart (3rd Rock From the Sun).
    Las Vegas (Season 1): The first 23 episodes of the Jimmy Caan & Nikki Cox series is out on a 3-disc set for $39.99 at BB, CC, & Target.
    CSI: Miami (Season 2): The 24-episode set is $45.99 at BB.
    Millennium (Season 2): Fox's Sci-Fi series starring Lance Hendrickson is on a 23-episode 6-disc set for $39.99 at BB.
    BB's 3 for $20 Deal
    Target Deals:
    $10 Each: EuroTrip, The Cat in the Hat (Mike Meyers, Thirteen, The Simple Life 2, Fast Times at Ridgemont High (SE), Dazed & Confused, and Hulk (SE).
    $7.50 each: SNL the Best of Will Ferrell Vol. 1, Glory (1-disc), Reservoir Dogs, Rudy (SE), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Little Women, & Big Daddy.
    CC's Deals (& there's a ton of them this week):
    $5.77 each: Trading Places, What Dreams May Come, The Score, Primary Colors, The Life of David Gale, Mo Better Blues, Fatal Attraction, Indecent Proposel, The Hours, & Private Parts.
    $14.99 each: King Arthur (Extended Unrated Ver.), Harry Potter 3, Princess Diaries 2, Spider-Man 2, Shrek 2, and Hero.
    $7.49 each: You Got Served (SE), SWAT (SE), Fools Rush In, Basic, Breakin' All the Rules, Jackass, Maid in Manhattan, The Fighting Temptations, Out For a Kill, Men In Black (Delux Edt.), & The Medalion.

That's all for this week!

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 1/09/05 to 1/15/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    The Village (Vista Series): M. Night Shyamalan's newest film is $14.99 at CC. BB will sell you this film alson with "The Sixth Sense" for $25. CC will knock $10 off if you buy any of the previous Shyamalan films.
    The Fifth Element (Ultimate Edt.): The 2-disc set is $15.99 at BB & CC. It includes over 2 hours of new bonus features. Learn to love Leeloo all over again.=P~
    Without A Paddle: Available in both WS & FS versions, the Seth Green film is $17.99 at BB and includes an on-pack can cooler (it's yellow foam & you can put a drink can in it). Price MAY be lower at Target.
    Leon - The Professional (Deluxe Edition): See Natalie Portman before she was Queen in the 2-disc set that is $16.99 at CC.
    Disney's Classic Caroon Favorites Starring... This is a series of character driven cartoons where each set is $9.99 at BB. The titles are: Donald (Duck), Mickey, Chip 'N Dale, and Goofy.
    Lion King Sale: BB has the first film (Platinum Edt.), as well as parts 1.5 & 2 for $17.99 each in preperation for these films being thrown back in the vault at the end of this month.
    Lil' Pimp: Never hear of it, but it stars Bernie Mac & William Shatner. The not rated film is $14.99 at BB.
    Paparazzi: This little seen film is $15.99 at Target.
    Hercules (Season 5): Kevin Sorbo is back in the 22-episode set that includes (at BB) an exclusive bonus of interviews with cast & crew. At BB for $44.99.
    Gilligan's Island (Season 2): The 32-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    Hunter (Season 1): The 80's cop show has a19-episode set for $22.99 at BB.
    Monk (Season 2): The Tony Shalhoub germaphobe is back in a 16-episode set for $34.99 at CC.
    BB's $7.49 Sale
    CC's 30% off TV box set deals: Family Guy (Volumes 1 or 2) $27.99, Arrested Development (Season 1) $24.49, In Living Color (Season 1) $24.49, That 70s Show (Season 1) $27.99, Futurama (Vol. 1) $20.99, 24 (Season 1) is $32.19, & Buff The Vampire Slayer (Season 1) is $20.99.
    CC's $6.99 Deals: The Enforcer, Heist, The Majestic, Deep Blue Sea, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Orange County, Save The Last Dance, Showtime, Ghost, Once Upon A Time In The West, Wayne's World, & An Office and a Gentleman.

See y'all next week!

21. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 1/16/05 to 1/22/05 - Better Late Than Never Edition. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Friday Night Lights: The football movie of the good ole boys is $14.99 at CC. BB is $1 more, but includes the book as an on-pack bonus.
    Catwoman: Halle Berry's bomb is $14.99 at CC. BB will 2 for $25 this film with any of the Batman films.
    The Forgotten: The Julianne Moore film is $14.99 at CC.
    Aladin II & III Collection: The 2 film collection is $19.99 at CC and includes a free Genie Plush toy with purchase. Pick up the first Aladdin film and you can save $10.
    The Cookout: BB has the film for $15.99 and includes a bonus disc with 20 minutes of deleted scenes and more. CC has the film for $17.99, but also will give you the film "The Wash" free with purchase.
    Cellular: The Kim Basinger kidnapping film is $15.99 at KM.
    Tom & Jerry Blast off to Mars: The cartoon is $12.99 at CC.
    Kung Fu (Season 2): Before he was Bill, see Carradine in this 23-episode collection for $27.99 at CC.
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (Season 3): The co-creator of Seinfeld is back in a 10-episode set for $27.99 at CC. BB has some deals if you're buying more than 1 season - $10 off for 2 seasons or $25 off when you buy all 3 seasons.
    BB's 2 Movies for the price of 1: 2-packs for $14.99 each. They are: The Great Outdoors & Uncle Buck, How High & Undercover Brother, Almost Famous & American Beauty, or 8 Mile & Judgment Night.
    BB's 2 for $15 Deals
    CC's 2 for $15 Deals: School of Rock, The Italian Job, Twisted, Forrest Gump (2-disc), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Against the Ropes, The Prince & Me, TimeLine, The Fighting Temptations, Tomb Raider 1, Paycheck, The Perfect Score, Jackass the Movie, and The Untouchables.
    MediaPlay's Disney DVDs 2 for $30: Aladdin (2-disc SE), Mulan (2-disc SE), Pete's Dragon (Gold Coll.), The Emperor's New Groove, The Hunchback of Norte Dame, Monsters Inc. (2-disc CE), A Bug's Life (2-disc CE), Mary Poppins (2-disc 40th Anniv. Edt.), Home on the Range, Oliver & Company (SE), Bedknobs & Broomsticks, The Sword In the Stone, Princess Stories Vol. 1, Finding Nemo (2-disc CE), Alice In Wonderland (2-disc Masterpiece Edt.), The Aristocats (Gold), The Fox & The Hound (Gold), Hercules (Lmt. Issue), Pocahontas (Gold), Dumbo (60th Anniv. Edt.), The 3 Musketeers (Mickey), and Brother Bear (2-disc).

Sorry for the lateness, but next week should be better.

22. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm sure the Master will give us his update but here is one I capitaized on.

BB has the Back to the future Trilogy for $19.99.
    My BB didnt have any WS so I went to CC. They gave it to me for $18.49.
    I sure am glad I never got around to picking these up untill today.

23. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I might have to pick up the BTTF trilogy. Someone was telling me recently the sound mix was wrong on the initial release. I haven't ever opened mine, so a swap might be in order. I don't think I paid much more than $19.99. The Wal-Mart in Seattle had an extreme discount that was probably under $25.

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Mike, how did you get the title at CC for less? Do they price match and then knock and extra % off? Good to know for the future.

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 1/23/05 to 1/29/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow: Available in FS & WS versions. BB has the title for $16.99 and contains 2 free music downloads. Antioch WMT has it for $16.87 and includes an exclusive WMT bonus disc with a never-before-seen featurette.
    Alien Vs. Predator (AVP): This release includes the theatrical & extended versions along with an alternate beginning. CC has it for $14.99. BB charges you a $1 more (go for a price match since the extra is an "on pack" extra) but includes an exclusive on pack booklet of over 32 pages of special effects to chill you. Antioch WMT has it for $14.87.
    Predator 2 (Special Edition): The new version of the sequel is $12.99 at CC.
    Something The Lord Made: The Alan Rickman blink-&-you-missed-it-in-theaters film is $17.99 at BB.
    Pauly Shore is Dead: The indie film is $15.99 at Target.
    First Daughter: The Katie Holmes film is $19.99 everywhere, except the Antioch WMT has it for $16.88.
    Lewis Black - Black on Broadway: The nervous guy from The Daily Show has a comedy special for $14.99 at BB.
    The Best of SNL: Jimmy Fallon: the latest in the best of SNL series is $12.99 at CC.
    Head in the Clouds: This film is $16.99 at BB.
    MacGyver (Season 1): RDA is out in the show that made him a star in this 22-episode 6-disc (each disc has its own keepcase) is $24.99 at CC. Antioch WMT has it for $24.88
    The Dukes of Hazzard (Season 2):The 23-episode 4-disc set is $27.99 at BB & CC. Antioch WMT has it for $25.88.
    Superman The Animated Series (Vol. 1): The 18-episode set is $19.99 BB.
    Soap (Season 3): The old soap opera is $19.99 at CC for the 22-episode set.
    Married With Children (Season 3): The 23-episode set is $25.99 at CC.
    Batman The Animated Series (Vol. 2): The 28-episode set is $29.99 CC.
    One Tree Hill (Season 1): The teen-angst shos is on a 22-episode 6-disc set for $39.99 at CC & Target.
    The Wire (Season 2): The cable show is on a 13-episode set for $79.99 at BB!
    Back to the Future Trilogy: As GM_Mike noted the 3-disc set is $19.99 at BB, but somehow he got it at CC for $18.49, still waiting to hear how that happened.
    BB's $7.49 Madness sale, over 75 titles to choose from
    CC's 3 for $30 Deals: Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnson Family Vacation, Forrest Gump (SCE), Bridget Jones's Diary (CS), Old School, Blue Collar Comedy Tour & BCCT Rides Again, Dave Chappeleel Platinum Comedy Series, The Last Samurai, Cold Creek Manor, My Baby's Daddy, Gladiator, Mean Girls, Miracle, Never Die Alone, Saving Pvt. Ryan (D-Day 60th Anniversary), Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Walking Tall (Rock version), Ransom, Cold Mountain, The Girl Next Door, Out of Reach, Alien, schindler's List, Atlantis (Sequel to Disney film), Secret Window, & Braveheart.
    CC's $7.49 Deals: Dom't Be a Meanace..., Armageddon, The Princess Bride (SE), The Rock, The 13th Warrior, Mr. Holland's Opus, Father of the Bride 2, the Hot Chick, Romy & Michelle's HS Reunion, Lost in Translation, Undisputed, The Rookie, 25h Hour, Tuck Everlasting, Just Married, The Last Waltz, Shanghai Noon, Perfect Game, I Got the Hook Up, shanghai Knights, The Recruit, Smoke, Seinfeld's Comedian, Signs, Basic, Reign of Fire, Bad Company, Cody Banks 2, Le Kiverce, & Last Tango in Paris.

That's all for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.