main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I dont know why CC gave me an extra discount on BTTF. I didnt ask. I just got out of there quick in case they made a mistake.

2. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Good to know Mike.

Well last night I found out why the WMT in Antioch is always lower than the other WMT locations. Turns out the manager over that section is a bit of a dvdmaster (notice the lower case :p ) himself and likes to know the prices around town himself. He then likes to use his 5-10% price discretionary powers to lower the price a little bit more. All hail Rich, helper of the working man! If you recall they had the SW DVD set for $35.87. He went into the WMT system and checked prices at other stores and only one other store (in California) had a lower price and that was only by $1.

So anyways note that I made some additions to the previous report for this week. Also Skip has sent me an ad that says that Blockbuster has an exclusive Alien vs. Predator Gift Set that features the AVP released yesterday along with 2 mini-busts. You'll probably pay through the nose for it, but if you're a collector that won't stop you. It retails for $39.99, but both the Green Hills & Hickory Hollw Blockbusters didn't know about it and only the Green Hilss location found it in the computer and offered to order it.

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    New information has been added to both reports. Slightly lower prices on Sky Captain (NEW bonus disc found), AVP, First Daghter, Dukes of Hazard (+$2 lower price), and MacGyver, as well as more inof on the AVP Gift Set. Happy Hunting!

4. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Something The Lord Made: The Alan Rickman blink-&-you-missed-it-in-theaters film is $17.99 at BB.

I don't believe this was released in theaters. It is an HBO movie inspired by the documentary "Partners of the Heart" which screened at the 2003 Nashville Film Festival. Both tell the true story. It is about a black man from Nashville who pioneered heart surgery with the operation to correct "Blue Baby syndrome" working under a white physician at Vanderbilt and then at Johns Hopkins.

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Zach, did the first season of Sliders ever make it to DVD?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found that it has. ;)

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for the correction Glenn. I knew I had heard of the film so just assumed it was from a theater review. Obviously I must have read about it during write-ups for the film festivel. Good work keeping me on my toes!

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 1/30/05 to 2/05/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    The Grudge: From the makers of "The Ring" comes this scary movie that I can't wait for the commercials to get off my TV. It's like it's October or something. CC has this title for $14.99 and BB has a 2 for $25 deal if you buy the original Japanese version "Ju-On."
    Ray: Always think it's weird to see an Academy Award-nominated film come out just before the Oscars. You'd think they'd wait to add all the Awards they earned to the cover. Anyways this title is $14.99 at CC or BB has 2 for $25 with "Genius: A Night for Ray Charles" as seen on CBS. A tribute to Ray Charles with performances by modern stars.
    Mulan II: The 2-disc set is $17.99 at BB for the direct-to-video movie.
    Shall We Dance: The Rich Gere flick is $17.99 at BB & CC.
    Mr. 3000: Bernie Mac's baseball film is$17.99 at BB.
    Chariots of Fire (SE): The Oscar winner gets the 2-disc treatment for $15.99 at Target.
    The Bodyguard: The Whitney Houston film is $12.99 at CC.
    The Karate Kid Film Set: The 4-movie, 3-disc set is $24.99 at BB, CC & Target.
    Looking Who's Talking DVD Collection: The 3-movie set is $24.99 at BB & CC.
    School Daze: The older film is $12.99 at CC.
    Sealab 2021 (Season 2): The adult swim favorite is 19.99 at MediaPlay and according to the TV ads features strippers.
    Charmed (Season 1): The show with the witch hot chicks is $29.99 at BB for the 22-episode 6-disc set.
    The Brak Show (Vol. 1): The 14-episode set is $22.99 at BB.
    Wonderfalls Complete Series: The failed TV show is $29.99 at BB.
    OZ (Season 4): The 16-episode set is $49.99 at BB.
    Balto III: The Disney film is $14.99 at Target.
    CC's Deals: I'm listing them out since this is late in the week, but they have a slew of sports-themed titles for $7.49 as a lead-in to the Super Bowl. The also have some actiony films for 2 for $15.

Sorry for the delay in posting this report, but that's how life hits ya!

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    The Cool Springs Circuit City is having their GRAND OPENING right now. Their NEW location is off of Cool Springs Blvd where Harris Teeter used to be (over by Borders, Bed bath & Beyond etc..). They are having a 10% off sale on all regularly priced DVDs, Computer games & video games through Saturday.

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 2/07/05 to 2/12/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Shark Tale: The semi-hit animated film hits the DVD shelves this week for $14.99 at CC who will also give you a free lithograph while supplies last. Buy it for $1 more at BB and you can buy the Skrek 1 for $6.
    The Notebook: The romantic film is $14.99 at CC. BB will sell you this film along with "Message In A Bottle" for 2 for $20.
    Raging Bull (SE): The 2-disc version of this classic 1980 Academy Award winner is $15.99 at BB.
    Malcom X (SE): The Denzel film gets the 2-disc treatment too for $15.99 at BB.
    The 5 People You Meet in Heaven: The TV-movie of the week is $11.99 at CC.
    Eulogy: The comedy is $17.99 at CC.
    Deadwood (Season 1): The HBO series is out in a 12-episode 6-disc set for $64.99 at CC.
    Miami Vice (Season 1): Crockett & Tubbs are make on your TV where they belong. I understand that the sound is unbelievable (awesome) on this disc set. The 21-episode 3-disc set is $32.99 at BB & KM.
    Highlander (Season 6): The 13-episode set is at BB with a bonus disc for $62.99.
    Night Court (Season 1): Catch the begining of the wild antics that happen in the chambers of Judge Harry T. Stone in this 13-episode set that didn't include Mac or Markie Post yet. It's at BB for $24.99.
    The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (Season 1): Way before people knew Will Smith would be a huge box office draw he had a this show. The 25-episode 4-disc set is $22.99 at BB & CC, but CC says they have a bonus disc for this title.
    The Wayans Bros. (Season 1): The WB series is $24.99 at BB for the 13-episode set.
    Murphy Brown (Season 1): The series that caught the ire of Vice President Qualye is on a 22-episode 4-disc set for $22.99 at BB.
    The Jamie Foxx Show (Season 1): The 22-episode set for the Oscar-nominated actor is $22.99 at CC with a bonus disc.
    7th Heaven (Season 2): The 6-disc set of the hit show is $32.99 at Target.
    The Grid (Series): The show has a 2-disc release for $17.99 at CC.
    CC's Deals:
    $4.99 each: Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, Friends (Season 1), Bridges of Madison County, Conspiracy Theory, Message in a Bottle, Lethal Weapon, You've Got Mail, Jerry Seinfeld "I'm Telling You for the Last Time," Martin Lawrence You so Crazy, 13 Ghosts, House on Haunted Hill, Before Sunrise, Tin Cup, Tequila Sunrise, Bed of Roses, Angel Eyes, Point of No Return, Grumpier Old Men, Dead Calm, 61*, Circle of Friends, National Velvet, Ft. Apache-The Bronx, Diner, Cobra, & Mars Attacks!
    For $7.49 each: Ghost, Titanic, An Officer & a Gentleman, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Love Actually, Legally Blonde 1, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, What A Girl Wants, Serendipity, The Princess Bride, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton, & The Pianist.
    2 for $20 (I'm going to kill them for all this typing): Chronicles of Riddick, The Punisher, HellBoy, Van Helsing, Bourne Identity, Something's Gotta Give, Dawn of the Dead, Big Fish, 13 Going on 30, You Got Served, Laws of Attraction, GoodFellas, Starsky & Hutch, 50 First Dates, Dirty Dancing, Pitch Black, Dirty Dancing 2, Under the Tuscan Sun, Along Came Polly, Just Married, Pretty Woman, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Armageddon, A Cinderella Story, Sweet Home Alabama, Top Gun, Rain Man, Fargo, Eurotrip, & Spider-Man.
    BB's Valentine's & Anti-Valentine's 2 for $15
    BB's $9.99 Valentine's DVDs
    MediaPlay's Sale: MP has 20 of their $13.99 films on sale for $5.99 this week. Complete list is unavailable.

See y'all next week!

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 2/13/05 to 2/19/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Saw: The horror film hits the streets for $14.99 at CC. BB has it for $1 more, but includes a bonus disc on-pack that features clips from the hooror films "High Tension" & Rob Zombie's "The Devil's Rejects."
    Taxi: "Buckle-up mother-" trucker with Jim Fallon & Queen Latifah for $14.99 at CC.
    Donnie Darko (Director's Cut): The new version of the film is $15.99 at BB.
    Raise Your Voice: Hilary Duff's newest film is $15.99 at Target.
    The Motorcycle Diaries: Loved by critics, this bio-pic of Che Guevara is $17.99 at BB.
    Dave Chappelle in "Half Baked" (Fully Baked Edition): Jim Brewer who? Dave (being the bigger name) is front & center on the cover for this new release that's $12.99 at BB & CC.
    NBA Street Series: 2 Titles "Dunks! 2" & "Ankle Breakers" are each $15.99 at BB.
    Pokemon Destiny Deoxys: The film line that merchandises more than Star Wars has a new film for $17.99 at BB & Target.
    Into the Sun: Somebody let Seagal make another film and you can see it for $19.99 at CC.
    The Greatest American Hero (Season 1): "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air..." The '80's hit series has the first 9 episodes out for $17.99 at BB & KM.
    Good Times (Season 4): The 24-episode 3-disc set is $19.99 at CC.
    Angel (Season 5): The 22-episode 6-disc set is $39.99 at BB, CC & Target. CC will knock $10 off the purchase of another Angel season set with purchase.
    Little House on the Prairie (Season 7): The 6-disc set is $34.99 at Target.
    BB's 2 for $20 Deal
    Target's Deals of the week:
    $7.50 each: Ever After, Romeo+Juliet, Working Girl, M*A*S*H, Blade, Ocean's 11.
    $10 each: Ice Age, Laws of Attraction, Blaxing Saddles, Monster, The Chronicles of Riddick, & Bourne Identity.
    TV Shows for $29.99 each: Seinfeld Vol. 1 &/or 2, South Park (Season 4), The Simpsons (Season 5), & Family Guy (Vol. 1).
    TV Shows for $17.99 each: Newlyweds (Season 1), Viva La Bam (Season 1).
    TV Shows for $24.99: Ren & Stimpy (Season 1&2), King of the Hill (Season 3).
    CC's 2 for $15 Deal: Dracula, My Best Friend's Wedding, Legends of the Fall, Anger Management , It Could Happen to You, Breakin' All The Rules, The Sweetest Ting, Maid in Manhattan, Charlie's Angels 2, The Wedding Planner, Hook, Glory, Ice Castles, & Spider-Man 1 (2-disc set).

That's all for this week.

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 2/20/05 to 2/26/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Get Shorty: A Collectors Edition has been released to take advantage of the upcoming sequel hitting the big screen. The DVD includes a ticket to see Be Cool when it hits theaters on 3/4/05. BB has this title for $15.99
    Heat (Special Edition): The classic film that has Pacino & De Niro together for the first time on screen (there were no shared scenes in Godfather Part II) gets the 2-disc treatment. Reviews I?ve heard say that the extras aren?t that great. BB has this title for $15.99.
    I (heart) Huckabees: This independent film hits shelves this week. Starring Dustin Hoffman, Lily Tomlin, Jude Law, Naomi Watts & Marky Mark Wahlberg. Two ?existential detectives? are hired to discover the meaning of an activist?s life. CC has the title for $14.99. A special edition 2-disc set is also available at CC for $24.99
    From the anime? makers of last years Oscar winning animation film: Sorry can?t remember the title of the Oscar winner and don?t have time to look it up. 3 films come from Japan this week: Nausicaa, The Cat Returns, & Porco Rosso. The films are $17.99 each at BB who will knock 10% off any anime? with purchase of one of these films.
    The Shield (Season 3): Det. Mackey and his crew continue to clean up the streets after performing ?The Money Train? job. The 15-episode set is $34.99 at BB.
    South Park (Season 5): The Comedy Central standard hits the streets for $29.99 at BB & Target. BB will knock off $10 when you buy 2 seasons or $75 if you buy all 5 seasons.
    King of Queens (Season 3): The successful comedy is $27.99 at CC for the 25-episode set.
    Stripperella (Season 1): All 13-episodes of the Pamela Anderson series from the mind of Stan Lee is $14.99 at CC.
    Oscar Winners at BB for $9.99 each: Schindler?s List, Braveheart, Gladiator, Chicago, Platoon (SE), Rain Man, Ben Hur, & The GodFather.
    Award Winners at CC for $9.99 each: Braveheart, Gladiator (1-disc), Chicago, Saving Private Ryan (2-disc SE), The Last Samurai (2-disc), Master & Commander.
    CC?s 3 for $20 Deal: Harlem Nights, Coming to America, Up in Smoke, The Core, Enemy at the Gates, Night at the Roxbury, Kings of Comedy, Charlotte?s Web, Tomb Raider 1, Runaway Bride, The First Wives Club, Sleepy Hollow, Major League, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Changing Lanes, The Hunted, Payback, What Women Want, Varsity Blues, & The Ghost & the Darkness.
    Target Deals:
    $10 Deals: Gangs of NY, Whale Rider, Sense & Sensibility, The Missing, Sweet Home Alabama, Club Dread, Eurotip, Simple Life (Season 2), Blackhawk Down (1-disc), Tears of the Sun, The Rundown, Daredevil (Director?s cut).
    $7.50 Deals: Titanic, The Prince & Me, SNL Best of Chris Farley &/or Adam Sandler, Forrest Gump, The Princess Bride, The Italian Job, West Side Story (SE), Just Married, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, School of Rock, Barber Shop (SE), & Uptown Girls (SE).

See y?all next week.

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 2/27/05 to 3/05/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Bambi (Platinum Edition): Disney's classic tale of overcoming life's challenges after your mother is wacked in the forest is $15.99 at BB who will also give you a FREE Exclusive Thumper Plush Toy.
    The Sponge Bob Squarepants Movie: The stoner favorite comes out for $14.99 at CC. CC will also give you a free SpongeBob mousepad 10% off any family or kids film with purchase.
    The Flight of the Phoenix (2004): The Dennis Quaid remake is $16.99 at BB. The 1965 original Jimmy Stewart film is at BB for $9.99.
    Hoosiers (Collector's Edition): The Gene Hackman story about Indiana basketball gets the 2-disc treatment for $15.99 at BB.
    The Philadelphia Story (Special Edition): The Cary Grant, Kate Hepburn & Jimmy Stewart film is on a 2-disc SE for $19.99 at BB & CC.
    Bringing Up Baby (Special Edition): The Hepburn Grant film is also on a 2-disc SE for $15.99 at Target.
    The Exorcist - The Beginning: The newest sequel to the scary franchise is $15.99 at KM. BB will sell you this film and "The Exorcist" (The Version You've Never Seen (But trust us its good)) for $25 total.
    My Own Private Idaho (Special Edition): The Keanu film gets the 2-disc SE treatment for $28.99 at BB.
    Ice Age (Rerelease): The animated film is released with a Free Child's ticket (screw the adults who have to buy the film. It's $10.99 at KM.
    Shrek 2 (Rerun): CC has this title for $14.99.
    Lost In Space (Season 3): The 15-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    Wonder Woman (Season 2): The 22-episode 4-disc set is $27.99 at CC.
    The Brady Bunch (Season 1): The first 25-episodes are on 4-discs at CC for $24.99.
    SCTV (Volume 3): The 9-episode set is an outragous $59.99 at BB.
    BB's 2 for $15 Deals
    Target's Deals:
    $7.50 each deals from MGM: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (SE), When Harry Met Sally (SE), Much Ado About Nothing, A Chorus Line, Guys & Dolls, The Birdcage, The Terminator (SE), Nora's Hair Salon, Bowling for Columbine (SE), The Good The Bad & The Ugly, & The Magnificent 7.
    $9.99 Family Disney Classics: The Love Bug, Follow Me Boys!, Flight of the Navigator, The Parent Trap (Halley Mills), Escape From Witch Mountain, The Apple Dumpling Gang, The Cat From Outer Space, Candleshoe, & Davy Crockett The Movie set.
    CC's Deals:
    $12.99 Deals of New Releases: Troy, AVP Alien v. Predator, The Village, Spider-Man 2, The Forgotten, & I, Robot.
    $7.49 Deals: Dumb & Dumber, Beetlejuice, Blade Runner, Swordfish, Menace II Society, The NeverEnding Story, Love Jones, Twister, The Players club, blade (Platinum), Devil's Advocate, Love & Basketball, A Little Princess, Rush Hour (Platinum), The Perfect Storm, City of Angels, John Q, & The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

That's all for this week.

13. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 3/06/05 to 3/12/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Ladder 49: Joaquin Phoenix & Johnny Travolta burn up the house for $14.99 at CC.
    Marry Poppins (SE): BB dropped the price on this one to $14.99.
    Woman Thou Art Loosed: The African-American chick flick is $17.99 at CC. WMT had it for $16.88.
    The Ring (2-disc Collector's Set): The 2-disc set includes an on-pack bonus movie ticket to see The Ring 2. Get it for $14.99 at BB.
    Stage Beauty: The Billy Crudup film is $15.99 at Target.
    Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Gift Set: A BB exclusive for $24.99. It includes: SI 2005 Swimsuit Issue DVD, Best of the SI Swimsuit Model Search DVD, the SI 2005 Swimsuit Issue & the SI 2005 Swimsuit Calendar.
    WWE Tough Enough $1 Million: Didn't even know though were still doin this series, but BB has it for $15.99. The bonus disc includes Wrestlemania Recall 20 years of top moments & matches.
    Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids (Vol. 1): the 12-episode set is $15.99 at BB.
    Friends (Season 9): The must buy of the week! The 23-episode set is $27.99 at BB & CC. BB has a multiple purchase deal: Buy 2 Save $10, Buy all 9 & save $120. (FYI, first 6 seasons are each $29.99, Seasons 7 & 8 are $36.99 each.) WMT had this for $24.88.
    Green Acres (Season 2): The 30-episdoe set is $22.99 at BB.
    Mister Ed (Season 2): The 20-episode set is also $22.99 at BB.
    21 Jumpstreet (Season 2): The 22-episode 6-disc set is $27.99 at Target. WMT had it for $23.88.
    Felicity (Season 4): The 22-episode 6-disc set is $44.99 at Target & BB. WMT had this for $38.87.
    Xena (Season 6): Xena's swan song is out in a 22-episode set for $54.99 at BB and includes a bonus disc.
    Sweet Valley High (Season 1): The 3-disc set is $29.99 at Target. WMT had this for $26.88.
    Earthsea Trilogy: This SciFi Channel movie is $11.88 at WMT.
    BB's 2 for $20 Deal
    Target Deals:
    $7.50 Each: Never Been Kissed, Bad Boys, Austin Powers 1, Die Hard, Bill Cosby: Himself, Young Frankenstein.
    $10 Deals: Mystic River, Resident Evil, Spider-Man, The Last Samurai, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, Old School.
    $5.99 Deals at CC: Trading Places, Private Parts, Indecent Proposal, Frailty, The Dege, Lake Placid, Point Break, The Life of David Gale, Basic Instinct (SE), The Last Castle, The Wood, Get on the Bus, Bulworth, What Dreams May Come, Urban Cowboy, Flash Dance, Universal Soldier the Return, Ghosts of Mars (SE), Vanilla Sky, and The General's Daughter.

I may be doing a WMT update tonight or tomorrow on these titles. See ya next week!

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry for the delay in updates for this week. The flu knocked me down good. I'll have an update up soon. I believe that the Incredibles can be had for $14.99 at CC. However I'm sure the Antioch WMT will beat that price. Sorry, but that's all for now.

15. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 3/13/05 to 3/19/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    The Incredibles: The Oscar winning hit film is $14.99 at CC who will also give you a Free Kid-Size basketball. BB charges $1 more, but they're giving away a free 11"x14" WS Lithograph if you're a member of the Reward Zone program.
    Star Trek: First Contact (Collector's Edt.): The 2nd TNG movie gets the 2-disc treatment at CC for $12.99.
    Miss Congeniality: The film gets a SE release and includes a free ticket to the sequel. It's $17.99 at CC.
    Alfie: The Jude Law remakes is $17.99 at CC.
    Easter Parade (SE):The classic film gets the SE treatment of r$15.99 at Target.
    CC's $11.99 Animated films: Mary Poppins (40th Anniversary Edt.), Shrek 2, Monsters Inc., & A Bugs Life.
    Hogan's Heroes (Season 1): The lighter side of the WWII POW experience can be injoyed again on the 32-episode set for $24.99 at CC.
    Starsky & Hutch (Season 3):The 5-disc 23-episode set is $34.99 at Target.
    Le Femme Nikita (Season 2): The 22-episode set is $79.99 at BB.
    CC's 2 for $10 Deals: Double Jeopardy, Kiss the Girls, Chris Rock Bigger & Blacker, Juice, The American President, Lethel Weapon 4 & 1, Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, The Score, Fatal Attraction, Enemy at the Gate, You've Got Mail, Before Sunrise, Harlem Nights, ...And Justice for All, The Peacemaker, Death to Smochy, Tin cup, House Party, & Little Nicky.
    Target's $10 Deals: the Cat in the Hat, Groundhog Day, Saving Pvt. Ryan, Thirteen, Dazed & Confused, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, & X-Men 1.5. They also have a selection of TV season sets for sale this week (see your Sunday flyer).

Sorry for the lateness once again. Part of this was due to my flu bug.

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 3/20/05 to 3/26/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Star Wars Clone Wars (Volume 1): The hit Cartoon Network series is $11.99 at CC. Also at CC are the first 2 prequels for $11.99 each: The Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones.
    Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason: The successful sequel to the Renee Zellweger film is $14.99 at CC.
    Finding Neverland: the Johnny depp Peter Pan film is $14.99 at CC and includes a free peweter kite shaped key ring.
    Fat Albert: the box office bomb from Bill cosby is yours for $15.99 at BB.
    Being Julia: The Oscar-nominated film is $14.99 at CC.
    Volcano High: This little heard of film is $11.99 at CC.
    Final Cut: This Robin Williams bomb is $16.99 at Target.
    Batma & Robin: The Complete 1949 movie serial collection is $22.99 at BB.
    Stand By Me (Deluxe Edition): The Stephen King short story-based film is $15.99 at Target.
    Ghost In the Shell: The anime film is $17.99 at BB & includes a bonus on-pack phone card.
    Pimp My Ride (Season 1): The MTV series for car rebuilding is $24.99 at CC for the 15-episode 3-disc set.
    Doogie Howser, M.D. (Season 1): the first 26-episodes are $24.99 at BB & Target.
    Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries (Season 1): The 70s series is out on a 2-disc set for $29.99 at BB.
    The Pretender (Season 1): The 21-episode 4-disc set is $25.99 at CC.
    BB's 2 for $15 family film offer
    BB's Select Disney $12.99 Deal
    CC's $9.99 Deal: 13 Gong on 30, Garfield the movie, LOTR The Return of the King & The 2 Towers, 10 Commandment (SCE), The Bourne Identity, Day After Tomorrow, Man on Fire, Braveheart, Saving Pvt. Ryan, Cold Mountain, Mean Girls, Gladiator, Ice Age, Master & commander, Harry Potter 1 & 2, Something's Gotta Give, 50 First Dates, Predator 2, Freaky Friday, Ben-Hur, Johnson Family Vacation, Shrek, A Cinderella Story, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Secret Window, Underworld, & Bridget Jone's Diary.
    CC's 2 for $15 Deal: The Italian Job, Ocean's 11, The Rock (1-disc), Uptown Girls, School of Rock, Forrest Gump, Love Actually, Day After, Reservoir Dogs, Paycheck, Twisted, The Princess Bride, Breaking All the Rules, The Prince & Me, Die Another Day, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Assault on Precinct 13, The Bible, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Grease, A Beautiful Mind, & What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
    Target's Kid DVD sale: Shark Tale is $15.99, Shrek 2 is $15.99; Monsters Inc., A bug's Life, Finding Nemo, & Mary Poppins are $14.99, Mulan 2, Princess Diaries 2 & Bambi are each $17.99.

That's enough for this week. TTFN!

17. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 3/27/05 to 4/02/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):

Special Note: There wasn't a Target ad this week (idiots) since they were closed on Easter Sunday (so was BB but they put an ad out).
    Closer: Queen Amidala almost nudes up on film for $15.99 at BB.
    After the Sunset: The Pierce Brosnan & Salma Hayek film is $15.99 at BB & CC.
    Apollo 13 (Anniversary Edt.): The 2-disc set is $12.99 at KM.
    Orgazmo (Unrated): From the creaters of South Park comes this tale of a Mormon boy entering the porn business. $14.99 at BB.
    Sin City Preview: BB has an exclusive sneak Peek DVD for this week's Sin City. It includes scenes from the movie plus a never-before-seen featurette with Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller & Quentin Tarantino. It's free with any entertainment software purchase, but i bought one yesterday for a penny.
    Murder She Wrote (Season 1): The perfect gift for grandma comes in this 22-episode set for $34.99 at BB.
    The Lone Gunman (Complete Series): The X-files spin-off comes in a 4-disc set for $32.99 at BB.
    Twilight Zone (Season 2): The Original series comes in a 6-disc set for $103.99 at BB.
    BB's 2 for $15 Deal
    CC's $7.49 Deals: Menace II Society, Coming to America, The Pianist, The Players Club, Lethal Weapon 1 & 4, The Princess Bride (SE), Last of the Mohicans, Rain Man, Conspiracy Theory, Speed, Training Day, Platoon (SE), Message in a Bottle, & Y Tu Mama Tambien.

See y'all next week!

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    overstock.com has a DVD with interviews with stars of Ep. I, IV, V, and VI. It is only $6.85 and postage is $1.40. It is just an interesting little item.

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 4/10/05 to 4/16/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Note: Sorry for not posting last week. It just wasn't happening last week.
    Ocean's 12: The sequel to the everybody's in it film is $14.99 at CC and includes a FREE 10-track full length CD with music imspired by the film. BB will give you you both Ocean's films for $20 if your a member of the Reward Zone program.
    Hotel Rwanda: The Oscar nominated film is $15.99 at Target.
    The Woodsman: The Kevin Bacon film is $16.99 at BB.
    **: This symbol indicates a special price at BB for Reward Zone program members.
    The A-Team (Season 2): The wrongly convicted Special Forces team is back in a 22-episode 3-disc set for $32.99** at BB. Elsewhere it's $37.99
    Magnum P.I. (Season 2): The man with the 'stache is back in a 22-episode 3-disc set for $34.99 at CC or $32.99** at BB.
    Sledge Hammer (Season 2): The spy series is back in a 19-episode set for $26.99** (+$3 if not in the program) at BB.
    Harvey Birdman attorney At Law (Vol. 1): The 14-episode set is $21.99 at CC and that same price is ** at BB.
    Knight Rider (Season 2): German singing sensation "The Hasselhoff" is back in the 21-episode 3-disc set for $34.99 at CC or $32.99** at BB.
    All In the Family (Season 4): Stiffle you ding-bats and see the 24-episode set for $24.99 at CC or $21.99** at BB (+$3 for non program members).
    The Jeffersons (Season 3): George & Weesie have continued to move on up for $24.99 at CC & BB or $21.99** at BB.
    The Bob Newhart Show (Season 1): The 3-disc, 24-episode set is $22.99 at Target or $19.99** at BB.
    Viva La Bam (Seasons 2 & 3): MTV's bad boy continues to terrorize his family on the 16-episode set for $24.99 at CC. CC will sell you "Jackass the Movie" for $3 when you buy the season set.
    BB's $17.99 1st Season sets for the following shows: ALF, Boomtown, Will & Grace, Dead Zone, Providence, & Saved By the Bell (33-episodes).
    BB's 2 for $15 Deal
    CC's 2 for $15 Deal: Die Hard 2 & 3, Rain Man, Jeepers Creepers 2, Cape Fear (De Niro), 3 Kings, The Untouchables, Uptown Girls, The Bone Collector, Next Friday, Face/Off, Show Girls, Mr. Hollands Opus, Saturday Night Fever, Last In Translation, Titanic, Tomb Raider 2, An Officer & a Gentleman, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Minority Report, & Dances With Wolves.

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well after a long delay in posting due to work or C3 I'm back with this week's titles. For the Week of 5/01/05 to 5/07/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    The Phantom of the Opera (2 versions): The screen version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's great Broadway musical is available in a 1-disc version for $14.99 at CC or a 2-disc Collector's Edition for $22.99 at BB.
    National Treasure: The lowest price is $14.99 at CC. Try to price match, but here are the other offers: BB includes an exclusive bonus DVD for $16.99 that includes 15 minutes of BTS footage; while WMT (no price indicated, but hoping the Antioch WMT continues to kick butt) includes a "Book of American History Facts" written be acclaimed author Kenneth C. Davis (Author of the Don't know about History series of books).
    Spaceballs (Collector's Edt.): the 2-disc set gets released with more featurettes for $17.99 at BB.
    Pocahontas (10th Anniversary Edt.): The Disney classic retelling of history is $19.99 for the 2-disc set at all locations.
    The Sandlot 2: The film is $14.99 at Target, BB & CC.
    License to Drive: For the first on DVD catch the 2 Corey's (Harm & Feldman) for $14.99 at BB & lilely at other retailers.
    The Big Red One (2-disc Special Edt.): The film that stars (amongst others) Mark Hamill is out in a 2-disc set for $19.99 at BB.
    The Chorus: The Academy Award-nominated film is $19.99 at Target & BB.
    Dogtown &b Z-Boys (SE): The SE version of this film is out again for $16.99 at BB. Includes a ticket to the upcoming skateboard movie "Lords of Dogtown."
    Star Trek: Enterprise (Season 1): They had hoped that the DVD release would bring in viewers, but it's already too late for the cancelled show. The 7-disc set is $99.99 at BB & Target. BB has an on-pack bonus disc "Celebrating Star Trek" a look at ST conventions.
    Gilmore Girls (Season 3): The 22-episode 6-disc set is $39.99 at Target & CC.
    The Partridge Family (Season 1): Come on get happy with this 25-episode 3-disc set for $19.99 at CC. Only the BB ad advertises that it includes a CD soudtrack, but theis MAY be universally available.
    King of the Hill (Season 4): The 3-disc 24-episode set is $26.99 at CC.
    Everybody Loves Ramond (Season 3): the 5-disc 26-episode set is $32.99 at CC.
    Dawson's Creek (Season 5): The 4-disc 23-episode set is $32.99 at CC.
    Three's Company (Season 4): the 25-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    BB's 2 DVDs for $15
    CC's 2 for $20 Deals: Pirates of the Caribbean, Enemy of the State, Remember the Titans, Pearl Harbor, Gone in 60 Seconds, White Chicks, 5 People You Meet In Heaven, Mean Girls, The Bourne Identity, Bridget Jones's Diary (CE), 13 Going on 30, Gladiator, 50 first Dates, Johnson Family Vacation Something's Gotta Give, The English Patient, Good Will Unting, Under the tuscan Sun, Cold Mountain, Little Black Book, Ella Enchanted, Wild Things, The Alamo (2004), Superbabies Baby Geniuses 2, Jersey Girl, The LadyKillers (Tom Hanks), Fahrenheit 9/11, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Top Gun (SCE), & The Princess Diaries.
    Special Item This Week Soudtrack to SW Episode III ROTS: Today the soundtrack comes out on CD. It's $11.98 at Target that claims to have a "Free Digital Download*." (Don't know what the * refers to.) BB advertises ($11.99) that the CD's bonus DVD includes preview from ROTS. Media-Play also indicates a $11.99 price tag.

That should take care of the major deals for this week. See y'all year next time.

21. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Special Item This Week Soudtrack to SW Episode III ROTS: Today the soundtrack comes out on CD. It's $11.98 at Target that claims to have a "Free Digital Download*." (Don't know what the * refers to.) BB advertises ($11.99) that the CD's bonus DVD includes preview from ROTS. Media-Play also indicates a $11.99 price tag.

I believe the * refers to "quantities are limited." The Target download is the radio edit of "Battle of the Heroes." Wal-Mart also has an exclusive download which is an interview with John Williams.

22. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    I noticed on the endcaps marknig the register lanes at the CS Target that Garden state was one of their $10 DVD sales. I bought it and encourage anyone who likes Natalie Portman or Zach Braff to go out and but it. It's a great movie for adults as it's rated R.

23. ChrisThom

ChrisThom Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2004
    i don't remember seeing this before, but Sam's Club in CS has a few 1st season Fox TV series for less than $20. I remember seeing 24, Bernie Mac, Ally McBeal and Futurama which I picked up for $14.95.

They may have had others too but I don't remember.

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah I know I screwed up last week and didn?t do the DVD report. Here?s that report for archival purposes. For the Week of 5/08/05 to 5/14/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Assault on Precinct 13: CC had this title for $15.99. For $1 more you got a bonus disc at BB that included sneak movie previews from Rogue Films and BTS footage of the upcoming film Unleashed.
    In Good Company: BB had this for $17.99. WMT had it for slightly less.
    Kim Possible The Movie: The Disney film was $14.99 at Target.
    The Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zibsou: The 1-disc version was $15.99 at CC. The special edition 2-disc set is also available at CC for $22.99
    The Longest Yard (original): The Burt Reynolds version is redone for $9.99 at BB and included a ticket for the Adam Sandler version.
    In Living Color (Season 3): The 28-episode, 3-disc set was $24.99 at CC.
    Joan of Arcadia (Season 1): The 23-episode 6-disc set was $39.99 at BB, CC & Target.
    Entourage (Season 1): The 8-episode 2-disc set was $29.99 at BB, CC, & Target.

Sorry for failing y?all last week. Now onto the current week, report soon to follow.

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah I know I messed up again last week and didn?t do the DVD report. Here?s that report for archival purposes. For the Week of 5/15/05 to 5/21/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes):
    Team America World Police: The Uncensored & Unrated version of the film was $14.99 at CC & for $5 more you could get the "South Park Movie."
    Son of the Mask: The film was $16.99 at Target.
    Kinsey: Starring Qui-Gon himself is the biopic of the sexual behavior researcher that's $19.99 at BB, CC, & Target. A 2-disc SE version is $24.99 at BB & CC.
    The Grudge (Unrated Extended Director's Cut): The rerelease was $14.99 at CC.
    The Simpsons: Bart Wars: The SW inspired cover could mislead one into buying a 4-episode set that only included 1 SW themed episode. The title was $7.99 at CC.
    Seinfeld (Season 4): The 4-disc 24-episode set was $29.99 at BB, Target & CC.
    Scrubs (Season 1): BB, Target, & CC had the 24-episode set for $29.99. BB also included an exclusive on-pack bonus disc that featured additional outtakes & deleted scenes, a 1-on-1 interview w/Sarah Chalke =P~, plus an additional featurette.
    Golden Girls (Season 2): I'm sure everyone was awaiting the news of where to get the $29.99 set of 26-episodes (BB & CC of course).
    Six Feet Under (Season 3): The HBO series was $79.99 at BB for the 13-episode set.

Hope to get this week's update out soon. Sorry once again. As always, if you're looking for a specific title and the report's not out just email me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.