main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for confirming the Target price, Scott. Target will also give you a free bag of Goldfish crackers.

2. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    For once Scott and I are in total agreement [face_flag]

Where is this weeks update??
    I was particularly interested this week because the long awaited Ren & Stimpy DVDs are finally here. BUT I just read a coulple of reviews. The 'uncut' episodes are the uncut versions of the edited versions. :confused: The SpikeTV versioins are featured on these disks. [face_thinking] And the SpikeTV versions were edited from the NickTV versions. :oops:
    So still I must wait. :mad:

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For once Scott and I are in total agreement

Scott's comment was posted for last week's update. This week's has been delayed due to my illness earlier this week (hence off the Net). I'll try to post the full update at lunch today, but by special demand, here's:

Ren & Stimpy Show Uncut (Seasons 1 & 2): Only BB is advertising this title. The 18-episode set is $27.99 at BB who also includes a bonus DVD with a 44-minute season 3 preview. From the commercials I've seen on TV this set also includes a "banned episode" I think entitled "Man's Best Friend." Sorry I don't have more intel, but CC & Target decided this set wasn't worth promoting.

Luck for a more complete update later today. I wasn't in a rush since it appeared that nothing that big was coming out this week, but it appears I was wrong! :D

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 10/10/09 to 10/16/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart):
    Ren & Stimpy (S1 & S2): See previous post.
    The Day After Tomorrow: Available in WS & FS, WMT (Antioch) has this title for $14.87. BB & CC (Target?) have it for $15.99. BB will also include a bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes footage and a $10 coupon for selected box sets.
    Raising Helen: The Kate Hudson film is out in WS & FS versions for $15.99 at BB & Target.
    Punk'd (Season 2): Ashton is back in a 2-disk set for $17.99 at BB & CC.
    Gothika (Special Edition: The Halle Berry film is back in a 2-disc SE with 2 documentaries, MTV's "Punk'd" starring Berry, making of Limp Biskit music video and more. $19.99 at CC $ BB.
    Breakin All the Rules: The Jamie Foxx film is $17.99 at BB & CC.
    7 Brides for 7 Brothers: This classic film is in a 2-disc Special Edition for $15.99 at Target.
    Taxi (Season 1): The 22-episode 3-disc set is $29.99 at BB & CC.
    Andy Griffith Show (Season 1): Catch-up on all of your Mayberry favorites on this 4-disc set for $29.99 at CC.
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigations (Season 4): The CBS hit is back in a 23-episode, 7-disc set for $59.99 at BB & Target.
    Invader Zim (Volume 3): For Loki the 9-episode set is $15.99 at BB.
    Kingdom Hospital (Miniseries): The 13-episode set of the little seen Steve King series is $39.99 at BB & CC.
    The Wire (Season 1): The 13-episode 5-disc set is $69.99 at Target.
    Dream On (Season 1 & 2): The 29-episode set is $39.99 at BB.
    Cedric the Entertainer presents... (Complete Series): The 22-episode set includes 6 never-aired shows for $29.99 at BB.
    Jamie Kennedy Experiment (Season 2): The 19-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    Target's $7.50 Deals: SNL Best of Will Ferrell (vol. 1), SNL Best of Chris Farley, SNL Best of Adam Sandler, On Golden Pond, & Legends of the Fall.
    Target's $10 Deals: Seabiscuit, Honey, Old School, Bruce Almighty, Blazing Saddles, Love Actually, Gladiator, The Order, and The Rundown.
    BB's 2 for $15 Deal
    CC's Deal's:
    $6.99 each: Day After, Tidal Wave, Volcano, Twister
    2 for $15: Legally Blonde 2, Thelma & Louise, This is Spinal Tap (SE), Le Femme Nikita (SE), Cooley High, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, Exodus, The Alamo (J. Wayne), Dead Man Walking, 12 Angrey Men, Child's Play, & the Amityville Horror.
    2 for $20:You Got Served (SE), 50 First Dates, Spider-Man (2-disc), Bad Boys 2 (1-disc), Underworld, The Missing (1-disc), Radio, & Snatch (1-disc).

That's all for now!

5. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    When I said 'still I wait' I ment I still wait for a good R&S DVD set. Not I wait for your update.
    Just a clarification.

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 10/17/09 to 10/23/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart):
    Van Helsing: The vampire hunter is out for $15.99 at BB, CC & Target (?). BB offers an in-pack bonus disc with over 40 minutes of features including "Anatomy of a Movie Moment:Masquerade Ball," "The Art of Van Helsing," and an interactive 360 degree tour of Frankenstein's foyer. Also available is Van Helsing Ultimate Collection, the 4-disc set includes the film along with the films "Dracula," "Frankenstein," & "The Wolf Man". The set is $39.99 at CC, KMart, & BB.
    HellBoy (Director's Cut): The 3-disc set includes 20 minutes of extra footage w/all-new director's commentary plus over 3 hours of all-new bonus features. Buy it for $22.99 at BB & CC. BB will knock $10 off when you also buy "Underworld" (2-disc extended cut is $22.99). There is also a Collectible DVD Gift Set that includes the 3-disc "Hellboy" plus a limited edition Hellboy bust for $42.99 at BB.
    Stargate SG-1 (Season 7): Col. O'Neill and the rest of the team are back in a 5-disc 22-episode set for $44.99 at BB. BB has a deal on-line for multiple season purchases
    Garfield The Movie: America's favorite fat cat (well not according to the box office) hits the stretts for $17.99 at CC.
    A Cinderella Story: The Hillary Duff film is $15.99 at Target, KMart, & BB.
    Ed Wood (Special Edition): For the 1st time on DVD get this title for $19.99 at BB or CC.
    Born on the 4th of July (Special Edt.): The Oliver Stone film is in a new SE for $12.99 at CC.
    Xena - Warrior Princess (Season 5): The 22-episode set of the raven-haired goddess is $54.99 at BB who includes an exclusive bonus disc.
    Arrested Development (Season 1): The critical hit of the Jason Bateman Fox series is in a 3-disc set for $27.99 at BB.
    Greg the Bunny (complete series): This failed Fox series that had some interesting ideas to pursue is on a 13-episode set for $19.99 at BB.
    SCTV (Vol. 2): The 5-disc set set is $59.99 at BB & CC.
    SpongeBob SquarePants (Season 2): The 3-disc 40-episode set includes a ticket for the upcoming movie. The sets are $34.99 at BB, CC, & KMart.
    Tom & Jerry (Spotlight Collection): The original Itchy & Scratchy are on a 30-episode set for $15.99 at Target.
    Fraggle Rock: Where it All Began (SE): Only CC advertises this title for $12.99.
    Hanna Barbera Classic Collection "Wacky Races" (complete series): The 34-episode set is $27.99 at BB.
    CC's $6.99 titles: The Last Castle, Godzilla, Hot Shots, School Daze, Low Down Dirty Shame, How to be a Player, Paper Soldiers, & Sleepwalkers.
    BB's 2 for $20 Horror Deal
    Target's Deals:
    $10 Titles: Scary Movie 3, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, Lizzie McGuire Movie, Cheaper by the Dozen (2003), Master & Commander, Runaway Jury, Office Space, Sound of Music (1-disc0, Sweet Home Alabama, Bringing Down the House, Stuck on You, Daddy Day Care, & League of Exraordinary Gentlemen.
    $7.50 Titles: American Psycho, Like Mike, Much Ado About Nothing, Ever After, Thomas Crowne Affair, Moulin Rouge (1-disc), A Chorus Line, The Wedding Singer, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, SNL Best of Chris Rock, Young Guns (SE), & The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.
    Multipack DVDs: Friday the 13th 5-disc set is $49.99, The Munsters (S1) is $34.99, Roswell (S2) is $34.99, Angel (S4) is $34.99, Alias (S3) is $39.99, Ren & Stimpy (S1&2) is $24.99, Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Vol.2) is $22.99, Kingdom Hospital is $29.99, Dawson's Creek (S4) is $29.99, Friends (S7) is $29.99, Will & Grace (S3) is $29.99, Monk (S1) is $34.99, and Sex & the City (S1) is $22.99.

I'm tired! See y'all next week :p

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I stopped by Best Buy today and got Stargate: SG-1 Season 7. It had a price sticker of $50.99, but it rang up as $44.99 at the register.

8. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I stopped by Best Buy today and got Stargate: SG-1 Season 7. It had a price sticker of $50.99, but it rang up as $44.99 at the register.
    That would be because it was on sale (see my previous post), after this week it'll cost $50.99. Sometimes they neglect to but the sale signs on the racks. According to some on the SG-Command board there is supposed to be a bonus disc at BB that includes the special "From Stargate to Atlantis: The Lowdown." However none of the sets at the Antioch BB appeared to have this disc or advertise that the disc was available. Some have also found it at MediaPlay. I'm going there this afternoon to see if they have the bonus. It'd be great to have that on disc and not just the VHS copy I have.

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 10/24/04 to 10/30/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart):
    White Chicks (Unrated & Uncut): The Wayans film is $15.99 at BB & (?) Target.
    Mulan (Special Edition): The 2-disc SE is $17.99 at BB & CC. WMT had it for $14.88.
    Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut): The remake is $15.99 at BB & CC. CC will also give you a free Dawn of the Dead comic book. BB has a bonus disc on pack that features a mockumentary, a perspective interview feature, and a storyboard comparison thing.
    That 70s Show (Season 1): At long last one of the most highly requested TV shows has hit the ultimate format. The 25-episode, 4-disc set includes a music video & interactive trivia challenge. Get the set for $34.99 at BB. WMT had it for $29.99.
    Reruns: "The Punisher" is $15.99 at CC, "Scary Movie 3" is $9.99 at CC, "Soul Plane" is $15.99 at BB, & "Scooby-Doo 2" is $17.99 at BB.
    Happy Birthday to Me: This unheard of film is out for the 1st time on DVD for $15.99 at BB.
    The Chucky Collection: Featuring the previous films this 3-disc set also includes a movie ticket to the upcoming "Seeds of Chucky" film. The set is $29.99 at CC.
    The Thing (Special Edt.): The Anniversary edition of the horror classic is $14.99 at BB & CC.
    The China Syndrome (Special Edt.): Another great disaster film is out for $14.99 at BB.
    The OC (Season 1): The teeen soap opera is on a 27-episode 7-disc set for $45.99 at Target. Includes 3 featurettes, and includes behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, additional scenes, & commentary.
    Everybody Loves Raymond (Season 1): BB again has this set down to $34.99.
    Fraggle Rock Where It All Begins (SE): This title has been announced before, but now I guess they're finally releasing it. The 3-episode set of the classic HBO series is $14.99 at BB.
    Viva La Bam (Season 1): The "Jack*ss" spin-off is on an 8-episode set for $19.99 at BB.
    Wild Boyz (Season 1): The other spin-off is on a 7-episode, 2-disc set for $15.99 at Target.
    21 Jump Street (Season 1): Before he was Capt. Jack Sparrow, Depp served as a HS Narc in this '80s hit. The 13-episode, 4-disc set is $24.99 at Target.
    Little House on the Prairie (Season 6): The pioneers live on in this 6-disc set for $34.99 at Target.
    BB's 3 for $20 Horror Deal
    CC's "Chilling DVDs for $9.99:" Gothika, TX Chainsaw Massacre (2003), The Exorcist (Ver. you never saw), Hannibal, Bride of Chucky, & Jeepers Creepers 2.

That's all for this week. See ya next Tuesday (Election Day)!

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Greetings all for an Election Day street report of all the new titles! For the Week of 10/31/04 to 11/06/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart):
    Shrek 2: NOTE: This 2-disc set is not available until Friday 11/5, because Dreamworks wants to shoot themselves in the foot in giving consumers only 2 days to buy the title. BB & CC each have this title for $15.99. BB has an exclusive on-pack bonus disc that gives you a link to a streaming Counting Crows' concert to be broadcast on 11/16, as well as additional features, storyboard-to-video feature, games & activities. I'm betting the Antioch WMT to have this for $14.88. Also, about 2 weeks ago in the Sunday paper there was a $3 off coupon for the DVD & WMT is the most likely place to accept it. CC will also have the Shrek 4-disc set that features Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek 3-D & "The Story So Far" bonus disc for $34.99. That set would appear to omit the 2nd discs of each movie.
    Shrek 1: See also the entry near the bottom of this article about Disney prices, but the Shrek/Shrek 3-D 2-pack is $15.99 at BB.
    Around the World in 80 Days: Only CC is cutting a break on the Disney film for $17.99. Look for WMT to beat that price.
    Dazed & Confused and Fast Times at Ridgemont Highe (Special Editions): The SEs of these classic High school films are now available in a 2-movie set with director's commentary on "Fast Times" & deleted scenes on "Dazed", for $19.99 at BB & KMart. You can also get the movies seperately for $12.99 each at BB, CC, & Target.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (Collector's Edt.): Looks to be the same 2-disc set that came out last year, but now includes a 3rd disc known as "The Lost Disc." "TLC" includes 8 new never-before-seen bonus features, including an interview with Johnny Depp & more. The 3-disc set is $19.99 at BB.
    Ice Age: The animated film is $9.99 at CC.
    Philadelphia (Anniversary Edt.): The 2-disc version of the film that got Hanks Oscar #1 is $19.99 at BB & CC.
    Ali G Indahouse: The Movie: This straight-to-video film of a Jamie Kennedy character is $19.99 everywhere.
    Looney Tunes Golden Collection (Vol. 2): The 60-episode set is $49.99 at BB. Target also has the set (no price mentioned), but they also have the Looney Tunes Spotlight Collection for $15.99.
    A Cinderella Story: CC has knocked this Hilary Duff film down to $15.99 this week.
    Star Trek: The Original Series (Season 2): The blue box set of the ST "Original Trilogy" is $99.99 at BB. BB of course also has a bonus disc "ST Favorite Moments" where celebs, cast cres, & fans recall their favorite memories from the original series. Includes cast members from "Enterprise," "Voyager" & "DS9."
    The West Wing (Season 3): In an ironic release for election day, see President Bartlet get reelected in this 4-disc, 23-episode set for $39.99 at BB, Target, & KMart.
    The Simple Life (Season 2): The 2 spoiled rich girls are back in a 10-episode set for $13.99 at KMart.
    Three's Company (Season 3): The 4-disc set is $24.99 at BB & CC.
    The Simpsons Christmas 2 Collection: See a handful of episodes to put you in the holly jolly spirit for $9.99 at KMart.
    SpongeBob SquarePants - Sponge For Hire: This volume is $14.99 at KMart.
    Disney $7.50 Deals at Target (DremWorks Animation Collection 1-discs): Antz, Chicken Run, The Prince of Egypt, Spirit, & Shrek 1.
    BB's 2 for $15 "Double Feature" Deal
    BB $12.99 deals for Replay Members ($17.99 for non-members) - 2-disc Versions of Classics: True Romance (2-disc SE), GoodFellas (2-disc SE), Se7en (2-disc SE), The Good the Bad & the Ugly, Scarface (2-disc Anniversary Edt.), Snatch (Superbit), Amadeus (2-disc SE), Fight Club (2-disc SE), Boogie Nights (2-disc Platinum Series), the Great Escape (2-disc CE), Die Hard (5-Star Collection), Independence Day

11. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I believe the "Shrek" coupon from Sunday the 24th was for Shrek, not Shrek 2. Anyway, thanks again for the deals. I was sure there was someone who had Shrek for $9.99. Do you look at KMart and the drug stores (Eckerd, CVS, Walgreens), or just Target, BB, and CC? And where does Media Play fall these days?

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'll double check on the coupon tonight, but I'm pretty sure it was for Shrek 2 or else I wouldn't have clipped it. I didn't check the drugstores since 9 out of 10 times they aren't giving a good price on a title. KMart is selling theirs for a "Hot Price" which means they don't get a mention. MediaPlay once again did not put out an ad. So their price cannot be forecasted. Only BB & CC's websites will come out and tell their prices.

13. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    The coupon IS for Shrek not Shrek 2. But there was a rebate offer for Shrek 2 for $5 (w/ Sunkist tuna). Also the regular Shrek is only $9.99 at BB, CC, and Target.
    As for shooting themselves in the foot... I heard it was to go head-to-head with The Incredibles, because, you know, we cant stop at a store to buy a DVD on the way to the movie theater. o_O

EDIT: Check that. Target has Shrek on sale for $7.50.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Yes, I see now that the coupon was for Shrek 1. Odd that they would do that when they were going to lower the retail price anyway. Best place to use the coupon is at WMT where the 1st Shrek is $9.99 (unless Target accepts coupons).

Since Target has the title for $7.50 there was no need to document the BB & CC price, hence their omission from the report. It's good to see that everyone still read's my weekly rumblings! :D Interesting that Dreamworks thinks they can torpedo business for "The Incredibles" by delaying the street date. I think it'll just hurt their chances to set a sales record which is a shame with all the ad money they through into promoting the release.

15. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "Shrek 2: NOTE: This 2-disc set is not available until Friday 11/5, because Disney wants to shoot themselves in the foot in giving consumers only 2 days to buy the title."

Umm Zach, I think the delay in the release date was because of that little thing that happened yesterday. THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. Maybe you heard about it. If not, the guy with the "W" in his name won. ;) [face_peace] I bet the release date delay had less to do with the release of the Incredibiles than it did the Presidential Election.

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I think the delay in the release date was because of that little thing that happened yesterday. THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

Then how do you explain the +13 other titles that were released on time on the scheduled date? If the election was the reason for the delay why not delay the release until 11/9 or push it up to 10/26? OR they could have just released it today. But Friday is nonsense since retailers (except for WMT) bump prices back up Sunday morning.

17. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "Then how do you explain the +13 other titles that were released on time on the scheduled date?"

I can explain it in one word "Disney". They have to be politically correct. Its ALL about the image. Either way, maybe due to the late week release date, prices will hold through next week. I'll be getting mine on Friday just in case. :)

18. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Umm... Scott... Disney does NOT do Shrek. Its a Dreamworks flick.

I thought about the 'election theory' too. But came ot the same conclusion. Other movies were released. Plus why not then move it to Wen or Thur. Or better yet a Tue that wasnt election day. Instead they choose to go head-to-head with the theaters and other Fri outing.

BTW- the WimRudf WM has mached Target's Shrek price of $7.50, but all the copies I saw at Target & WM were FULL screen. Is there a widescreen?

19. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    And another thing!... (sorry to keep pounding the point, Scott)
    Around the World in 80 days IS a Disney flick and it was released on Election Day.

Anyway for those that still need to pick up Shrek 2, it looks like sales are being held over a week cause of the Fri release. There is a $4 Shrek 2/Duracell coupon in the Sun. paper. I'm sure The Master will update with all the other goodies.

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'll be out of the office on Tuesday so I wanted to go ahead and post this week's report. For the Week of 11/07/04 to 11/13/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart):
    The Stepford Wives (Special Collector's Edt.): The Nicole Kidman & Faith Hill film is $17.99 at BB & CC. I'm betting WMT has a lower price.
    Shrek 2: BB has the title for $16.99, but when you buy it from them you can also grab Chicken Run for an extra $4.99. WMT has this title for $14.88 on Friday. Perhaps they're keeping the lower price for a little while longer.
    The Clearing: The Rob Redford film is $15.99 at Target.
    Star Trek Voyager (Season 5): The 26-episode set features interviews w/ cast members & crew. BB bonus dis includes "Ships of the Delta Quadrant" designed by Rick Sternbach. BB has the set for $99.99.
    Friends (Season 8): The 23-episode set is $29.99 at BB, CC, Target, & KMart. BB will save you $15 when you buy 2 or save $120 if you buy all of them (S1-S4 is $29.99 ea, S5-S7 is $35.99 ea.). WMT had it for $26.88.
    Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas: This title is $15.99 at CC & possibly Target. BB sells it for $19.99 but also includes a $5 disney CD-ROM gift card when you buy this AND any other DVD from the Disney section. CD-ROM gift card includes wallpaper, screensaver, trailers, & printable coupons and more.
    Hi-On: The Japanese movie that inspired "The Grudge" from director Takaski Shimizu for $16.99 at BB.
    Bridget Jones's Diary (Collector's Series): To promote the sequel hitting theaters on 11/19/04 Miramax releases this DVD for $14.99 at BB, CC, & Target (who uses the old version's picture).
    Gone With the Wind (Collector's Set): The 4-disc set includes the movie remasterd in "ultra-resolution," over 5 hours of viewing extras including the all-new 2004 "Melanie Remembers" & "Reflections" by Olivia de Havilland, & 20-page reproduction of 1939 souvenir program. The set is $24.99 at Target.
    Blade set: This set includes the first 2 "Blade" films and includes a sneak peek bonus disc of "Blade Trinity" is $17.99 at CC.
    Before Sunset: The romantic film is 17.99 at BB.
    W.C. Fields Comedy collection: Featuring 5 movies is this $42.99 set at BB.
    The Marx Brothers (Silver Screen Collection): 5 movies including Duck Soup, Horse Feathers, Monkey Business & more. Bonus features disc & 40-page collectible book included. $42.99 at BB.
    BarberShop set: A collector's set is $27.99 at CC.
    Legally Blonde set: The Reese W. movie set is $24.99 at Target for this 2-disc set.
    The L Word (Season 1): The lesbian Showtime series is $39.99 at Target for the 5-disc set.
    BB's 2 for $20 Deal
    Target Deals: $7.50 Deals: Little Women (CS), Love & Basketball, The Bridge of the River Kwai, The Manchurian Candidate (old ver.), Die Another Day.
    $10 Deals: The Last Samurai, Gothika, Underworld, Mystic River, & Welcome to Mooseport.
    CC's $6.99 Deals: Double Jeopardy, Total Recall (SE), Only the Strong, The Postman Fights Back, Kiss the Girls, Sex Lies & Videotape, No Mercy, Mars Attacks!, Passenger 57, Pale Rider, Joe v. the Volcano, Grumpy Old Men, The Pledge, Executive Decision, Vegas Vacation, WildCats, Lean on Me, Dave, Space Cowboys, Spies Like Us, Cobra, Sleepers, & Daybreak.

That'll do it for this week!

21. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    At BestBuy.com, purchase two select DVD movies for $20. Available titles include Office Space, The Last Samurai, The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Love Actually, The Goonies, Mystic River, and more. Shipping starts at $2.50.

Enjoy

Jeff

22. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 11/14/04 to 11/20/04. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    Elf: The Will Ferrell soon-to-be-a-classic is $15.99 at BB, CC, KM & possibly Target. With purchase, KM will also sell you "Pleasantville" & "Blast From the Past" for $4.99 each.
    The Chronicles of Riddick (Unrated Director's Cut): The Vin Diesel film is $16.99 at BB (it may be $15.99 at Target). BB also includes an exclusive bonus disc w/ over an hour of footage, including begind-the-scenes interviews, plus an interactive production calendar. BB also claims to have exclusive collectible packaging for those who are super-fans.
    The Rise & Fall of ECW: The history of Extreme Championship Wrestling is $16.99 at BB who includes an exclusive on-pack action figure (not sure who it is, but appears to be RVD, but don't take that as Gospel).
    Eloise at Christmastime: The Disney film is $15.99 at Target, as is Disney's A Wrinkle in Time.
    The Office Special: The reunion show of the BBC America hit series is $15.99 at BB. I saw this one on TV and it was "all-right" but not worth a purchase.
    Nat. Lampoon's Holiday Reunion: Judge Reinhold stars in this holiday film for $14.99 at CC.
    Comedy Central: The Hebrew Hammer: The Jewish butt kicker's tv-movie is $14.99 at BB.
    Comedy Central: Ricard Pryor "I Ain't Dead Yet @#$&*": The stand-up special is also $14.99 @ BB.
    Tiger: A 3-disc set about Tiger Wood's life, his majors, & his legacy is $29.99 at Target & KM. Target also gives you a free 3-ball sleeve of Nike ONE TW golf balls.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Volume 3): The fantastic trio is back in a 2 (or some say 3)-disc set for $21.99 at BB. Space Ghost Coast to Coast (Volume 2) is also $21.99 at BB. BB will knock $5 off the purchase of any 2 volumes of "Aqua Teen" &/or "Space Ghost".
    Smallville (Season 3): The 22-episode, 6-disc set is 39.99 at BB & Target. BB also includes a bonus poster on-pack featuring Christopher Reeve & Tom Welling.
    Frasier (Final Season): The 23-episode 4-disc set of the last season is $32.99 at Target.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Final Season(7th)): The 22-episode 6-disc set is $39.99 at BB.
    Pee-Wee's Playhouse (Colllections 1 & 2): Each collection is $34.99 at BB. Collection 1 features the 1st & 2nd seasons, while Collection 2 has Seasons 3, 4 & 5.
    The Andy Griffith Show (Season 1): I believe this had been listed once before, but it's real this time. The 32-episode set is $27.99 at BB.
    Home Movies (Season 1): The [adult swim]-aired series is $22.99 at Target for the 13-episode set.
    The Kids in the Hall (Season 2): The cross-dressing Canadians are back in a 22-episode set for $35.99 at BB.
    Buck Rogers In the 25th Century (Complete Series): The complete 37-episodes of this beloved series is $69.99 at BB.
    Norah Jones & The Handsome Band Live: This DVD that was taped at the Rhyman is $12.99 at BB. JediAgent & I were there for the taping and I wasn't impressed enough to go buy this release. Take that for what it's worth.
    BB's 2 for $15 Deals
    CC's Holiday films: "Nat. Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 1 & 2" the 2-disc set is $19.99; "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is $12.99, "A Christmas Story" (1-disc) is $12.99; & a 3-pack of Christmas classics is $29.99 (includes'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,' 'Frosty the Snowman,' & 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town').
    Target's Deals: $7.50 each: Shrek, Titanic, Legends of the Fall (SE), On Golden Pond(SE), Reservoir Dogs (SE), The Quiet Man (CE), & Jerry Maguire.
    $10 deals: Caddyshack, Glory, Basic, Old School, Blazing Saddles, Seabiscuit, & Gladiator.
    Multi-pack DVDs: Shrek 4-DVD set is $39.99; Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Season 6) is $29.99; Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Vol.1) is $19.99; Smallville (Season 1) is $39.99; Spongebob Squarepants (Season 2) is $37.99; & L

23. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    "not sure who it is, but appears to be RVD, but don't take that as Gospel"

I can confirm that the figure is indeed Rob Van Dam. I seen it wit my own eyes.

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    You were our most likely member to confirm that figure. =D= I'm impressed I even came up with a possible identification as I stopped watching regularly when RVD came to the WWE.

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 11/21/04 to 11/27/04. KEEP IN MIND - Some of these prices will only be good through Wednesday. Often deals change in the after-Thanksgiving Day sales. Not sure if I'll get an update up for that. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC= Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart):
    Seinfeld (Seasons 1 - 3): The greatest show about nothing finally hits the streets this week. CompUSA appears to have the best prices with $69.99 for the 3 Season Gift Set or $29.99 each for Seasons 1&2 set and Season 3 set. BB has the same price for the individual season sets, but the 3 season box set is $10 higher; however BB has 2 exclusives that you may have to give up with a price match. With any DVD purchase is a special issue (I wish they'd quit doing these) of "Entertainment Weekly" about TV on DVD. There is also a bonus disc "Life Before Seinfeld" that features interviews with the parents of George & Jerry, Newman, Puddy, Uncle Leo & others (bonus disc is $4 each). Choose wisely!
    Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban: For Tuesday & Wednesday ONLY CC has this 2-disc set for $14.99. BB will sell you this one and one of the earlier Potter films 2 for $25. You can get all 3 films in a 6-disc box set for $39.99 at CC.
    Star Wars Droid & Ewok Adventures: 3 titles arrive this week. 1.Ewoks - Animated 2.Droids - Animated & 3. Caravan of Courage & The Battle for Endor - Live Action. Each title is $8.99 at CC.
    Rambo (Ultimate Editions): Includes never-before-seen footage & alternate ending. Get "First Blood" for $14.99 or get the 3-disc UE set for $34.99 at CC.
    The Terminal: The Tom Hanks film is $17.99 at BB. Get the Gift Set that includes 80 minutes of bonus material plus the soundtrack for $29.99 at BB.
    Sleepover: The tenny-booper movie is in a Spec. Edt. from MGM for $15.99 at Target.
    The World Series 2004: Not sure, but I'm betting it's highlights of the St. Louis Cardinals is $14.99 at BB.
    Home Improvement (Season 1): [insert grunting pig noises here] Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor hits DVD shelves in a 3-disc set for $27.99 at Target.
    The Golden Girls (Season 1): I know y'all have been waiting for this one! :p The 3-disc set is $29.99 at BB, KM, & Target.
    Lizzie McGuire (Volume 1): The 4-disc set of the (still-not-legal) Hilary Duff show features the first 22 episodes from the Disney Channel. The set is $34.99 at BB, CC, & Target.
    Target's $7.50 Deals: Romeo+Juliet, Unfaithful, Van Wilder, & The Transporter.
    BB's 2 for $15 Deal through Wednesday
    CC's Random Deals: For $7.99 each: Twister, The Mummy, Minority Report (2-disc), American Pie 1 &/or 2 (Unrated), Beetlejuice, Bowling for Columbine, Serendipity, Swordfish, Love & Basketball, Catch Me If You Can, Scent of a Woman, Any Given Sunday, The Players Club, Jurassic Park, Titanic, & The Pianist.
    Misc. Deals: Shrek for $9.99, for $12.99: Ice Age, The Cat in the Hat, The Wizard of Oz, & Willy Wonka & the Chocalte Factory.
    Box Set Deals: Chappelle's Show (S1) is $19.99, Family Guy (V.1, V.2) are each $39.99, Buffy TVS (S7) is $44.99, In Living Color (S2) is $39.99, South Park (S4) is $34.99, Sex & the City (S6, Pt.1) is $34.99, & Friends (S8) is $29.99.

See y'all later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.