main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN DVD Event

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    As mentioned in this thread, we need to decide whether we're going to have a DVD Event for the release of the OT. We'd likely meet at Wal-Mart East around 11:30 P.M. on 9/20 and count the minutes until Adam's receding hair clock chimes midnight. As mentioned at the last GM, Scott doesn't want to do this because he knows he'd stay up all night watching the DVDs if he did.

What it boils down to is that Adam and I will be going to Wal-Mart on 9/20. Whether we go to Evansville or closer to us in Princeton depends on what everyone else has to say. If anyone wants to have a formal event in Evansville, post now or forever hold your peace.

And by the way, anyone who says they want to do this and doesn't show up will be flogged severely.

2. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    As much as I would like to do this, I won't be able to. I have to be at work at 8:00 the next morning and like Scott, if I buy them at midnight, I'd have to watch them as soon as I got home.

3. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    I SHOULD be there. I think I'm off that day and I really want to do a DVD event.

Charlie

4. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    The trick to doing midnight events and showings is taking a nap and going to bed as soon as you get back. I may be young, but I go to almost all midnight showings (except Harry Potter) and never have a problem. And yes, I had to leave for school at 6:45 the next day. Sleep in on the weekend and its like it never happened.

AWWWW come on guys! We don't really do these DVD events because we can't wait, but more as a promotional thing for the club. Remember how many guys were at Ep II at midnight? We were surprised by all the people who were there and weren't prepared with flyers and so forth. This is a great time to make up for that. To miss out on this release would be to miss out on one of the last opportunities to find more fans before episode III and maybe the end of Star Wars as we know it.

Thats about as much rallying as I can do from afar... do what you will.

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Not that I don't agree, as a matter of fact I do, we do need the promotion, but...How many new members did we get from the midnight DVD event for Ep. II? Zero that I remember.(And there were flyers given out that night :) ) We didn't even get our old Wal-Mart buddies back in the fold.

Just playing devil's advocate...but if we get enough people I say GO FOR IT! Yea DVD event!

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well as for Me, Myself, and I...

I will be at Wal-Mart at 11:00 p.m. I expect a LARGE crowd. So the earlier the better. Hey maybe I should start camping out at Wally World now. That way I'll be first in line! Gotta go dig out that sleeping bag!

7. JavaFiend

JavaFiend Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2004
    My suggestion is that you do it in Evansville... If my memory serves me (which only on occasion it does -- is that Yoda-esque--) the only thing that hovers around the Princeton Wal-mart at Midnight are the floor waxers...

8. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    I will be there. Does anyone know the price on it and what time we are meeting up?

charlie

9. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    Who all is going to wal mart for the DVD event?

I for one will be there.

Charlie

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I could be there for moral support, although I'm going to work and getting it the next day.

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Nathan, looks like you've got some participation. Let's try to get a count now of who will be there and state for sure where we are talking about.

East Evansville?

12. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Yes, I need to know who will DEFINITELY be there if we were to have an event. At this point, I'm not sure if I'd be one of them--driving 15 minutes to get the movies sounds a lot better than driving an hour. If I get to Evansville and no one's there, I won't be a happy camper. We would do it at Wal-Mart East, and meet up at 11:30. Again, I'm not sure I can convince myself to go, because I've got a very busy week coming up.

So post ASAP if you would defintely be there. I'll make my final decision on Sunday (or as I like to call it, the Day of Payne). You guys can still do it if I'm not there, but I'll probably go if we can get a fair number of people going (i.e. more than three).

13. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    Stupid question time: Wal Mart east is the one by Borders right?

I will definetly be there

charlie

14. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    Right across the street, with the nice McDonalds inside...

15. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, in the complex with Home Depot, etc. at the corner of Burkhart & Lloyd Expwy.

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Next to that alleged electronics retailer that will most definitely be bankrupted in the next few years. :)

17. TC517

May 14, 2001
    The only people I've heard that from all work at best buy...

Stacky, you have fallen victim to corporate propaganda. :(

18. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Due to an unforseen expense, I am not able to afford the DVD set right now and as it would be too painful for me to attend the event without buying the movies, I wil not be attending tomorrow night.

Nathan, it's up to you whether you drive down or not. Sorry.

19. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    I just got off the phone with Scott, and he said he plans on attending. I'm not yet sure whether I will--that all depends on how the mood hits me tomorrow night. But, the event is definitely on for 11:30 at Wal-Mart East. There may only be a few people there, but there will be some. I hope to see everyone there (that is assuming that I go myself).

20. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    Man it looks like I'm in Evansville 24/7 now. ESP. with the new job.

Can't wait til tomorrow!

Charlie

21. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, I've got the fever all of the sudden to get my DVDs tomorrow night. :)

I do expect a decent crowd of Eville Jedi plus other fans!! Good times.

22. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    So

What did everyone think of the event last night? I thought It was kinda funny how we were all drooling waiting for the woman to cut the box with the DVD's open (Well at least I was drooling) Also you can't beat Wal Mart's price anywhere. Just think in a little more than a year from now we'll be doing this for EP III!

charlie

23. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, it was a good time. 5 members were present and I handed out some info about the club hoping to generate some interest. There was a good crowd! Received 1 email already!

24. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I'm glad that you all had a good time. Best Buy was good up here... I won the grand prize. I now have another X-Box HD, the trilogy, battlefront, and a Darth Vader FX master replica lightsaber! I'm having it all delivered at home so you guys will be the first to see it all.

25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I now have another X-Box HD,

Wait, you now have 2 Xboxen? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.