main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD Menus

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Crow_T_Robot, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    Does anybody else get the same menu all the time? Every time I put in ROTJ I get the Death Star menu. I've only gotten a different one once.

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Usually mine jumps from option 1 to 3. But only after replacing the dvd with at least another Star Wars disc. Go figure.

In case you didn't know:

During the FIRST RED screen that comes up ON EACH DISC, you'll get a window of opportunity to choose your menu.

Press 1 2 or 3 DIRECTLY while the warning (red sign) pops up. And choose BEFORE the SECOND Red Screen replaces it.

If you press 1 2 or 3 during the FIRST RED caution sign, the NEXT RED Sign will abruptly pop up.

Use 1 2 or 3 Menu Options on ANY of the discs out there. Episodes 1 to 6.

Select 1 2 or 3 as your choice dictates, knowing that the menus are numbered, and presented in the order of planetary introductions in each movie.

Example.

Episode 4 starts with Tattooine. Press 1. Select 2 to go to the Death Star or select 3 to go to Yavin IV.

Again, the order of appearance in the movies, dicates the 1 2 or 3 numerical order.

EDIT:

Oh, in case you didn't know;

In disc 4, go to the video games and still gallery, ya know, the one with Luke practicing his saber while the others chill out in the falcon.

Anyways.

Input 1..1..3..8

And viola, you get some nifty blooper reels.

Enjoy.

3. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    In case you didn't know: During the FIRST RED screen that comes up ON EACH DISC, you'll get a window of opportunity to choose your menu.
    Many thanks, I didn't know that.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Good to know we can select the menus- cause my older player always gets the Death Star for ANH and Hoth for ESB, etc.

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    If you are able to change your TITLE on your DVD player, you can change the menus. Every player is different. I don't even pay attention to the Easter Eggs given at different sites telling you how to access different menus.

One of my DVD players, I have to pause the movie. Push Title and the number. The other player, I can just select the title and change the number.

I have liked all the menus up to date PT and OT. If you let you DVD player randomly pick a menu, most likely you'll get Tatooine for ANH, Hoth for ESB and Jabba's Palace for ROTJ. Those ones come up the most for me. For the PT, Coruscant for TPM and Coruscant for AOTC. You almost never get Naboo for TPM or Kamino for AOTC. The OT randomizes better than the PT discs IMO.

6. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Thanks for the tip. I've always just gotten one menu on all of my Star Wars DVDs. I knew it was possible to get others, but I never looked into how.

7. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    No prob gents.

Its great eye candy!

8. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    I've got no problems at all.Everytime I put one on I always seem to get a good variety of the 3 menu's per film!

Awesome looking they are also with the music track fiiting in perfectly with whats on the screen.

Jedi's the best with the beautifully scenery of Jabba's palace or the Death Star with the deep tune of the darkside.

9. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    I love the Bespin menu from Ep5. Its almost like your DVD is talking to you...

:p

10. NidLoc

NidLoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2004
    I always seem to get Kamino for AOTC.

11. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    Yeah NidLoc!

It's always Kamino with AOTC and with TPM I always seem to get the arena for the pod race!

Though with these new OT discs I seem to be getting a good variety.

12. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I almost always get the same menu for about 5 times. Then it switches once then goes back to the first menu.
    In ROTJ I kept getting the Tatooine menu. But I eventually got the death star one. I like it better.
    I wish there was more than one menu on the bonus disc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.