main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series DVD of Clone Wars and Sky, Cable

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IktotchiMan1979, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IktotchiMan1979

IktotchiMan1979 Jedi Padawan

May 16, 2011
    Hi guys,

Can I ask u a question?

What the different between the clone wars dvd full version and sky, cable(Virgin Media) or in US tv has short version in half an hour? I thought it's should be full version, Any idea, any comment?

Thank you,

Martyn

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Usually there's no difference between the aired and DVD versions of each episode except for the format e.g. typically DVD versions will have slight pitch alterations.

Sometimes a DVD version will be a Director's Cut, which means it's got some extra or alternative scenes that were cut or changed for the aired version. So they'll usually be a minute or so longer at max, but not much.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yes, aside from slightly better sound/picture quality there is no real difference. The director's cuts aren't that much of an addition since instead of adding anything substantial there is usually just some unneccsary droid humor tacked on.

4. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    On the Season 1 DVDs, there was an icon which indicated which episodes were Director's Cuts. Those icons are gone on the S2 DVDs, so I don't know if there are any differences. I never saw any TCW episodes on TV. I just buy the DVDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.