main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD of the week!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by RABIDJAWA, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Howdy-ho, Star Wars-kateers! Welcome to a brand-spankin' new thread where we'll highlight a special new DVD every week. And this week's DVD is...

"Ren & Stimpy: The First Two Seasons: Uncut" This hilarious set includes such classic episodes as "Big House Blues", "Firedogs", "Sven Hoek", and "Powdered Toastman" uncut. It also includes a banned episode, "Man's Best Friend". Extras include a short making-of featurette, commentary on several episode, pencil tests, and still galleries. But the main attraction are the episodes.

Like Mr. Horse says: "Yes sir, I like it!!"

Stay tuned for future DVDs of the Week!!

2. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003

As the walrus says, "Call the Police." Call everyone this is a best buy. Laura and I purchased it Thursday.

3. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This Week's (Oct. 19) DVD of the Week is...

Tom and Jerry: The Spotlight Collection. This two disc set contains 40 extremely entertaining, digitally remastered and restored shorts. These are the cool ones where they don't talk, instead just beating the bejeezers outta each other. The musical scores often are a highlight. Extras include commentary on several episodes, two cool documentaries, and that scene in "Anchors Aweigh" where Jerry dances with Gene Kelly. Very cool.

Also out this week: A 3-disc Hellboy director's cut edition, Garfield, the complete series of The Wacky Races, and A Cinderella Story (if you're into that kind of thing).

4. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Don't forget Van Helsing too. Eventhough the Dracula character was week, this movie was pretty cool. Kind of a James Bond of a long ago time.

5. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Oh, come on!! I've been trying to forget "Van Helsing" ever since I first saw it in the theater.

6. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay, I have 2 movies to talk about.

Shrek 2:
    It came out on DVD the 5th. I got this movie in part because I liked it and also because I have the first one. The music in this movie is awesome. IF anyone can tell me how to see the alternate ending, I would love it.

Alfie:
    What can I say? This didn't come out on DVD,but it is in the theaters. Jude Law is just beautiful. He also plays a character you love and love to hate. I really liked this movie, and eventhough Mick Jagar sang most of the songs, I liked them too. I almost started to cry. I can't wait until his next movie Closer comes out on December 3rd.

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I got Greg the Bunny, the complete series, last weekend and watched every episode. This is some good stuff. A very creative show and much more tasteful than Crank Yankers. There is a really funny Reservoir Dogs reference in it. Plus, Greg makes SW references.

8. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    I hope everyone bought The Chronicles of Riddick. I know I did, and Vin is still beautiful. Awesome movie!!

I also went and saw Finding Neverland this last saturday. It was a great movie. I cried, fell in love with James Barrie, and cried some more. Johnny Depp was wonderful, it was a great movie. Makes me appreciate Peter Pan a bit more. His Scottish accent was so awesome. If anyone wants to see this movie when it comes out, let me know, I want to see this one again.

9. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Our computer died, so I'm not able to keep up like I should. But here are a few DVDs I've picked up the past couple of weeks that are pretty cool:

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 2:
    Another heaping helping of Warner Bros. animated mayhem.

The Marx Bros. Silver Screen Collection:
    Five movies. 6 discs. Endless laughs.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol 3.:
    In this collection, the bad guys try to combine their powers, Frylock moves out, and Carl gets killed while sitting on a toilet. Funny stuff.

Daredevil: The Director's Cut:
    Thin on special features, but a very interesting retake on the film.

Spidey II:
    'Nuff said!!

Upcoming releases of interest: Dodgeball and The Matrix box set (10 discs)(Dec. 7), Return of the King: The Extended Edition (Dec 14), Napoleon Dynamite (Dec 21). Plus The Brak Show in January. YEE-HAW.

Later, Kids!

10. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Adam -

Does this set of Looney Tunes include the Bugs Bunny cartoon "What's Opera, Doc?," where Elmer Fudd is dressed like a Viking and sings "kill the wabbit"? That's my favorite BB cartoon of all time!!

11. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, that episode is on Vol 2.

12. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Spear and magic helmet? :confused:

13. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Man, I am sooo bad at keeping this up. Lots of stuff since December so here we GO!!!!

The Brak Show Vol. 1: The funniest Adult Swim show ever in my humble opinion. Brak is so disarming, kinda like my nieces and nephews I can't stay mad at. Zorak is bad@$$. Plus you get time travel, talking stuffed toys, a Shaft send-up, a really funny re-take on the musical Oklahoma, and Freddie Prinze, Jr. singing. All on one set!!! Holy high-quality value, Batman!!

Dukes of Hazzard Season 2: Haven't made it all the way through this yet. After all, there are like 22 episodes. All you really need to know is that there's still a lot of cool car chases. Oh, yeah, and Daisy gets dressed up like a French maid. Nice.

South Park Season 5: This is about where I stopped watching. I shouldn't have. Alhtough the Proper Condom Use episode is still a bit off-putting, Cartmanland is genius, as is Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants. Lots of other good stuff, too.

Raging Bull special edition: Do you wanna see Robert DeNiro get beat like a throw rug and then get really fat? This is the movie for you!!

AVP: Needed more monster fighting and less shots of moving through empty corridors, but it wasn't too bad.

Sky Captain: They don't make movies like this anymore, probably because the modern movie-going audience is too cynical to accept something like this. But it is killer eye-candy.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, but you can be sure there's more to come!!

14. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, let's not forget - The SpongeBob SquarePants movie comes out next Tuesday. It rocked my world, man. [face_mischief]

15. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I saw that Harvey Birdman is coming out in April. That'll be cool. And Orgazmo is March 26th. YE-HAW!!

16. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Last night at Wally World we found Groundhog Day for $10, so we snagged it. I know it's not a new release, but previously it had only been sold with Stripes, which we already have, so we never bought it.

It's one of my favorite movies, so I'm glad to now have it on DVD.

"It's Groundhog Day!!" :D

17. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD: The Incredibles. This flick is a lot of fun, and the DVD has a number of cool special features.

Coming soon: Clone Wars (Mar. 22) and Orgazmo (Mar. 29)

18. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    OK - technically this really isn't anything about a new DVD, but I wanted to tell everyone that Wal-Mart's running a great sale on movies right now.

Yesterday I bought "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" for only $7.50. They also had shelves marked $5.50, $9.44, & $13.44.

If you feel like digging through some piles of DVDs, check it out!

Excellent!! :)

19. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD: Clone Wars Vol. 1 And if you have to ask why, then you don't deserve to know.

BTW, Laura, I paid $10 a piece when I got my Bill and Ted DVD, so it looks like I got ripped off!!

20. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Hey, I found a really funny easter egg on The Incredibles! If y'all haven't seen it, I'll have to show you sometime.

21. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    You'll have to show us tonight, Adam. Alan and I weren't able to find any.

22. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I got the Clone Wars DVD there is some pretty good stuff to be found on it.

23. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD is: Orgazmo. The DVD includes two diferent cuts of the movie (rated and unrated), three commentaries, deleted scenes, outtakes, and a whole buttload more!! It's what makes a man!!

24. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Ok, Orgasmo was too funny... and a FAR cry from the other LDS flick I watched tonight! lol.

25. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD is (Drum roll, please...): Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law; Vol. 1!!! This set collects thirteen pretty hilarious episodes guest starring the likes of Dynomutt, JabberJaws, and the Super Friends. My personal favorite involves Shaggy and Scooby-Doo. Funny stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.