main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DVD Release and Line Up

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Major Apology to Everyone

Folks, I've been so wrapped up in trying to run the Shadow Sith Army that I really dropped the ball on this. :( I feel horrible and feel like I've let you all down.

Please let me know if you want me to try to contact the Walmart at Cortaro and I-10.

Again, I am extremely sorry.

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Alright, I heard back from Best Buy and they ARE NOT doing a midnight release. So far doesn't look like anyone is. So my question is, do we want to do a morning line u somewhere? Or just have a viewing party? My days off start that tuesday so my house is available.

I am still calling around though.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    surely wal-mart is doing a midnight release arn't they.. yes.. Jada.. contact wal mart.. just in case.

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    ALRIGHT!!!! I have a good friend who manages the GAMESTOP on Wetmore/Stone..next to WAL-MART. He just told me that GAMESTOP has special permission to release not only BATTLEFRONT II on Gamecube, PS2 and XBOX but also EP III on DVD, October 31st @ 9pm!!!!!! YES YOU CAN RESERVE THE MOVIE (EPIII) AT GAMESTOP!!! He also says, we are more than welcomed to be in costume while we come pick up our Game and DVD (Im gettin' mine..both) and take pics and what not!!! He also says there will be acostume contest, and is giving away 25 dollar GAMESTOP certificates, and 50% off coupons for games and systems!!!!!!

So we have ALOT to do Halloween if we decide to do this!

His name is Joe Ngo, and can be reached at 520 690-1966

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    sounds good 2 me

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    ROCK!Frankie's got the hook up! Since I have had NO LUCK anywhere else, I say we do this, ILL BE there! Cat, mind calling some media outlets since you're their darling?

7. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Ok everyone..the Curse of Lucas has hit...yet again. First they said they were gonna release EpIII at 9pm at GAMESTOP on the 31st, now they have retracted that. The Battlefront II game will be available still, but not the dvd. sorry guys. There is still gonna be a costume contest, and prizes and photo taking and such...sorry for that...guess we must wait till morning to get our DVDs. [face_frustrated]

I must now commit sepu'ku

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    If I can't get my copy of Ep.3 can I pick up my 360 then?

[face_shame_on_you]

[face_thinking]

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Dang well if he still wants us there, Ill be there, although Ive watched it to death I want to see the extras!

10. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yeah he still wants us there...all that has changed is the epIII not gonna be available till Nov 1. There is nothing different other than that.

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    That mean we cant have it at 0001 hours?

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey doesn't KFMA (the radio station) have a show called Got Game for video games? Maybe we can get them to do a remote?

13. BHG-Brandl

BHG-Brandl Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2005
    lol, that would be different. a radio show discussing how costumed people are waiting for a new SW video game. might make more people show up though....

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I made the calls.. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.. hoping for best.. I can say.. chances of TV are slim.. but chances of radio I think are good.. though please do not hold me to it if I fail in my endeavors.. again.. have I mentioned my jealousy level on all of this stuff!!!

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    If I don't get email in the morning from KRQ and KLPX from Obi wan or Andy.. I will go ahead and call them.. I am hoping for email replies though.. it normally takes a day to get a reply.. and I emailed them this morning.. about the zoo and the clinic and Gamestop.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    definitely gamestop is a go.. from there ya'll can do a search mission for fun halloween haunt activities.. just remember you might have joiners from the costume contest.. just have lots of fun and enjoy the night safely. Maybe even wind up at someone's house for a viewing of the DVD.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    mugen.. see this thread
    and let me know if you think gamestop would be willing to set up a box for canned goods on halloween night. I can call them... but thinking you have a better relationship.. as I do not know them at all.

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Alrighty people, Gamestop is still having all the above activities, and will be giving out a $25 and $50 dollar gift card..pluss various games for various systems as prizes for costumes. I am going to pick up my Star Wars Battlefront II and wait around to see who is the winner of the costume thingie..then I may go to Oldfather Inn afterward to enter a costume contest with some friends..all are welcomed to join...

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Its the GAMESTOP near the WAL-Mart on Wetmore and 1st. I will be there by 8 and I just talked to Joe..he said we have a back room to change in! So who is in with me!!??[:D]

20. BHG-Brandl

BHG-Brandl Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2005
    il be there...il see if i can bring the wookie too..

21. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    SWEET!!!!!!! So that means you found your helmet!!! GREAT!!! See you all at 8:30-9.

22. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Congrats Wook!!!!! Boba Looked especially spiffy, Vader you were dark and evil as always, and the cuddly lil Jawa...I'll meet you in Battlefront!!!! Oh yeah..the half pint Tie fighter was great also. I know it was a last minute thing, and there wasnt people busting at the seams, but thanks to all who came. Once again..TFF HEART! We are coming along smoothly, and we look good. My helmet goes off to all of you. thank you for associating with me, and letting me be apart of this great Hobby, Passion, Obsession. [face_peace]

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    we need to give Chris a meddle or something for all his hard work also

24. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Well, Vader and I told Chris we would assist him in making a good costume. He was happy with that.

What I really would like is to see some pics of the events that we have done...Joe will be making me a disk of some of the pics he took at the GAMESTOP thing, and I will se about loading them here. PICS PICS PICS, lets see em'!

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I am getting a diskl of the pics my folks took from the zoo, and I posted the couple Michele took fromt he clinic on our photobucket site, check em out!

All in all, we look awesome! Anytime Chris wants to be our Tie Pilot for an event its his!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.