main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey DVD Release Date

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Because I'm cool:

November 4th is the release date.

More to follow.

2. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
  3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I can finally watch the movies again.

4. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    You're so damn cool!

5. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay, as of right now....I spoke to my buyer here, and he said that Fox has not announced a release date OFFICIALLY....so that means it could change at any moment or Lucas will change his mind about releasing them. Nov. 4th is just a date that they've been giving temporarily.

When I find out more, you will know it :)

6. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    UPDATE:

We all know already, but may as well post it here.

http://starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/02/news20040210.html

The Star Wars Trilogy on DVD
    February 10, 2004

The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely.
    "We know how long fans have waited for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it, so everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. and the DVD collection's Executive Producer.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features -- including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the Star Wars saga and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films. Each of the three films in the Star Wars Trilogy has been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

"First and foremost, the DVDs will deliver the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer. On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," Ward said. "We want watching this DVD collection to be as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time."

The films of the Star Wars Trilogy will be available exclusively as a collection and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. All three films are closed-captioned and subtitled in English, French and Spanish in the U.S. Internationally, sound and subtitling specifications will vary by territory.

Keep checking starwars.com over the coming months for more specific details about the content of this must-own DVD set.

And DELETED SCENES. Woooo.

7. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    It's not the original version.

:(

8. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I agree. I still want the OT that I saw as a child on DVD, not the one from 1997.

9. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    According to Lucas, the chances of ever having the original versions of the movies on DVD are Nill. He likes the Special additions and conciders them the final versions of the movies. End of story.

Sorry folks :(

10. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    sorry for him too. I know I'm not alone in being someone that will NOT buy that cause its the SE. YUCK!!

11. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I don't get why he doesnt understand that the most loyal members of his fan base want the original movies that he released, not those that he altered? It just doesnt make sense, oh well.

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    because he is the creator...

the OT was not his vision...because of the limitations that technology presented him.

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I won't give any money towards it. I'll let Gary spend the money on it.

14. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I don't care if the SE is his vision, my vision was what he originally gave us. What about those of us that grew up with the originals? He's forcing kids into watching Greedo shooting first, or not allowing them to hear, "Bring me my shuttle" or "Yub-Yub."

I'll admit, some changes were fine, but others totally hurt the vision that GL created.

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Herb...I know what you are saying...trust me on this.

I have seen all of the movies in the theater on their first run...

I am tormented on how to show Callie the films.

I want to show them on DVD...not tape..because of the quality.

But I did not have a huge problem with the SE's...but I am not gonna get involved with an argument/debate about them.

George was not happy with the OT's...simple as that. That is why he did the SE's. They are more like what he wanted. Of course, I would not doubt for the DVD's to be even different from what the SE's are anyways.

16. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    SE or not, I'm still going to buy it. I just wish he would release both, so I could hear both the Ewok song AND that more emotional music. I'll do what I figured I would have to do to watch the Original version on DVD, copy the OT videotapes to DVD. Oh well. No matter.

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Show her the original version. That's the version my children are going to get. The ONLY way to watch it.

18. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I sure as hell won't be buying these. It's like seeing the Extended versions of LOTR in the theaters but then only having the regular versions released on DVD. The hell with that. The tapes will do just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.