1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Force Friday - 4th September, visit this thread for more details.

Supanova: Adelaide (20th-22nd November), Brisbane (27th-29th November)

Oz Comic Con: Brisbane (19th-20th September), Sydney (26th-27th September)

FF:WA DVD release dates?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    yay!

i have Children of Dune on dvd :D

2. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent monkey_abbot. It's a fantastic mini series. Alot better than the first. Let me know what you think of it.

Also Stargate Season 2 6 Disc Box Set comes out February 18th.

Here is the Box Art - [image=http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/225429.jpg]

Lion King Special Edition 2 Disc Set comes out 25th February.

Here is the Cover Art - [image=http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/225233.jpg]

And

Red Dwarf Season 4 arrives on 11th March in a 2 Disc Set.

Cover art - [image=http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/226098.jpg]
  3. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Just picked up Stargate SG-1 Season 2 Box Set :)
  4. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Picked up Lion King SE :) Good bonus features. Film is crystal clear and in widescreen which I was pleased to see.
  5. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whats the 'new' song sequence like?
  6. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    The new song is lame, and should never have been added.

7. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    The new song is gay but I don't bother with the Special Edition version. I just watch the theatrical version.
  8. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Are there any other changes besides the new song in the special edition version?
  9. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    So there's a modified version and the original version on the same set of discs? If only George Lucas would recognise the value in that option. :p
  10. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes there is an option to turn the Special Edition on. Both versions comes in Disc 1 and the Special Edition only had that one song added. Everything else is left the same.
  11. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I thought I should mention, Ezydvd has a big sale on all boxed set DVD's. Some will not be available until may, but you can pre-order for the cheaper price. Some of the titles include Back to the Future, The Simpsons (all 3 seasons for 39.95 each starting on may 19), star trek ds9 and tng and, for those that don't have it yet (me included), The Fellowship of the Ring EE, etc. Check it out at http://www.ezydvd.com.au/boxsetbonanza.zml.
  12. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm certainly putting in a big order for DVD Box Sets coming up :)
  13. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Just bought Pirates Of The Caribbean.
  14. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Anyone know when The Passion of the Christ will be out legally on DVD? Any websites that have future release dates?
  15. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone seen that movie? I haven't heard anything about it and I want to know if it's worth seeing.
  16. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm guessing sometime between June - November we'll see a DVD release. Any announcement won't be made for a while yet, as long as it continues to screen at least.

I haven't seen it myself, not because I don't want to but because I haven't had the time. I know I'm not the only one, maybe a group viewing would be a good idea.
  17. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    One of my friends said it was good but he didn't get any more specific than that. Not sure if I'll get a chance to go to the movies while it's on but if I do I might check it out.
  18. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Speaking of the Passion, I found out today that Fox will distribute the DVD, though no release date has been mentioned just yet.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, images are floating around of the official packiging for the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set. Much like the first release of the Special Edition videos from what I've seen. You can check it out at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=4017 if you haven't seen it as yet.
  19. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Star Wars Trilogy SE (4 Disc Box Set). Release date is 21st September. Each movie will have it's seperate audio commentary.

Here is the Box Art;

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/03/img/20040322_1_bg.jpg]
  20. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Interesting news: The Matrix Trilogy DVD set has been confirmed, and it isn't just a collection of the previous releases. A heap of new material is in the works. I suppose this is a good thing, since Reloaded had barely anything at all substantial (though I hear Revolutions has much more).
  21. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll be buying the Matrix Box Set for sure. Let's hope it comes with some decent DVD covers, not the horrid seperate release ones.
  22. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    anyone heard anything of a Shattered Glass Dvd release in oz ?

it was released in the US about 3 days ago.

The SW Box art looks nice :D
    only audio commentary though?
  23. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    a full list of extras for the star wars dvd set has been released, though no signs of deleted scenes.
  24. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    The official press release can be found here. It's going to be one hell of a set :)
  25. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Pity about the actual versions of the films [face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.