1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA DVD release dates?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Added these to my collection;

Stargate SG-1 Season 3 Box Set
    Starship Troopers: Roughnecks Volume 2
    Starship Troopers: Roughnecks Volume 3
    Starship Troopers: Roughnecks Volume 4
    Robocop SE
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  2. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Just ordered the newly released Invader Zim DvD, Titled: Doom, Doom, Doom. 17 episodes (225mins), directors comments and cast interviews etc. Unfortunately, only US (zone 1) atm. ;)
    [image=http://cover09.cduniverse.com/MuzeVideoArt/41/224441.jpg]
    Great series...

3. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Invader Zim is classic. Use to watch it on Nick and Night on Foxtel a few years ago. I hope it eventually comes to DVD here.
  4. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I have about 20 zim episodes on my PC. Didn't know you could get it on DVD yet so I burnt my own. :)
  5. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Finally got myself a copy of Independence Day Extended Edition on DVD :)
  6. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Keep the following dates in mind:

July 8 - Happy Tree Friends - Vol. 1: First Blood
    August 4 - Family Guy Season 2, Roswell Season 1, Blazing Saddles SE
    August 25 - The Simpsons Season 4
    September 1 - The Passion of the Christ
    September 22 - Star Wars Trilogy (RRP$69.95 - cheaper then I thought)
  7. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess this probably has some 'spoiler' stuff for the original StarWars Movie DvD's

lol, here (go to Not so special trilogy), RTOJ, and GL has decided to paste Hayden Christensen's head onto the blue'y ghost and other things. (still trying to think of what cheesy scream they're talking about, only one I can think of is when he falls down the middle of bespin)
    Will there be anything original left about the trilogy when he's finished?

Not saying these changes wont be good, just saying that will it be the films I grew up watching?
  9. JediMasterKieca Force Ghost

star 4
    Although it looks professionally done, I'm hoping it's actually just a fake.

I have the final sequence of rotj footage with Hayden in it instead of Shaw and it just doesn't look right.
    He appears to slowly, and he just stands there looking off into space, without looking at Yoda or Obi-Wan when they look at him. He also is actually smiling/laughing when you first see him.

My theory is that it was video footage of a publicity photo shoot dubbed in... at least, that's what I'm hoping. [face_worried]

*watches it again*
    It's just so wrong :_|
  10. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    It's the real deal apparently.

They're doing pick up shots at Fox next week for the wookie scenes, If I see Lucas, does anyone want me to kick him for them?
  11. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the audio dubbing on the stormtroopers for a new hope will be worse/more noticable :(

I'd kick him for you, heck, I'd kick him for me...
  12. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    On that topic, we had a discussion recently about getting DVD copies of the original originals transferred from the old laser disc release. I've now dowloaded all three of the films, plus the bonus material from the laser discs and burnt them all to DVD. Since I'm in Kalgoorlie, it might be hard to get copies for any of you but if anyone wants them I'm sure we could arrange something. Just shoot a PM my way.
    Just a note about the quality. The copies I downloaded were Divx files that I burnt straight to DVD. The files I had were not up to the DVD quality we're used to but they're at least as good and I think a bit better than my VHS copies. In scenes where there's rapid movement there is sometimes a bit of pixelation but overall it's good and on my mediocre sound system it sounds pretty decent too. The original copies were pre-remasters. The extra features disc's got a couple of hours worth of interviews and other stuff. Including a full music video of the Max Rebo band from Jabba's palace that I'd never seen before (and I don't mean the loony tunes Jedi Rocks song from the special edition which I really hate).
  13. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Recently confirmed DVD Release dates of note:

Adventures Of Tintin - 75th Anniversary Collection (6 Disc Box Set) - August 23rd
    Stargate - The Movie: Ultimate Edition (2 Disc Set) - September 15
    Voltron - Defender Of The Universe (3 Disc Box Set) - September 27
    Flash Gordon - October 13
  14. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    How are they going to do the Flash Gordon soundtrack now that Freddie Mercury's no longer with us? ;)
  15. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Pre-ordered Invader Zim Volume 2: Progressive Stupidity
    [image=http://cover09.cduniverse.com/MuzeVideoArt/05/230505.jpg]
    Due the 31st of August
  16. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Latest update on DVD releases;

Stargate - The Movie: Ultimate Edition (2 Disc Set) - Wednesday, 15 September

Stargate SG-1: Complete Season 4 (6 Disc Box Set) - Wednesday, 18 August

Stargate SG-1: Complete Season 5 (6 Disc Box Set) - Wednesday, 17 November

Dr Who: The Leisure Hive - Thursday, 07 October

The Castle: Poolroom Edition - Thursday, 19 August

Babylon 5 - Season 4 (6 Disc Box Set) - Wednesday, 18 August

Adventures Of Tintin - 75th Anniversary Collection - Monday, 23 August

The Simpsons - Season 4 (4 Disc Box Set) - Wednesday, 25 August

Van Helsing (2 Disc Set) - Wednesday, 08 September

Star Trek - The Original Series: Season 1 (8 Disc Box Set) - Thursday, 09 September

Star Trek - Voyager: Season 3 (6 Disc Box Set) - Thursday, 09 September

Seinfeld - Season 1 And 2 (4 Disc Box Set) - Wednesday, 20 October

Seinfeld - Season 3 (4 Disc Box Set) - Wednesday, 20 October

Alias - Complete Season 3 Collection (6 Disc Box Set) - Monday, 15 November
  17. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Just saw that Aladdin is due to be released on the 13th of October.

This is a must have for my DVD collection I think.

I'm wondering what has taken them so long to release it.
  18. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Big W in Karrinyup have an order form to preorder your copies of the SW trilogy. I'm assuming other shops will have the same thing. But Soup has already put an order in for his copy.
  19. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I have mine pre-ordered at Big W. I must mention that the release of the SW OT DVD's is strictly limited and LucasFilm will not be making them after November.
  20. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Myer and a few others have been pre-ordering for a long time, EB included. Might go there, I can get it for free with a trade in :p

Oh, and the reason why it has taken so long for Disney to release special editions of some of their movies is probably due to time and money, as well as waiting for the response to the Lion King special edition. There's a heap of them coming out soon now.
  21. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I do plan on getting the DVD set but I won't be rushing. My level of enthusiasm is a lot lower since they're flat-out refusing to release the original originals and have even made further changes. Since I've got the transferred from laserdisc versions of the originals, I'm in less of a hurry to get the special edition versions. I'd basically only be getting them for the extras and to complete the set with the prequel DVDs.
  22. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    I must mention that the release of the SW OT DVD's is strictly limited and LucasFilm will not be making them after November.

OMG!!!1! We must all rush in and buy it then!!1!!

Seriously, if you think for a minute that George is going to pass up the oppurtunity to make more cash off these, then maybe you'll like to buy this watch too hmm?

ROTS, (fitting abbrevation from what I've seen too) will be out on DVD by the middle of 2006, doubtless along with a 6 movie set bursting with DVD extras and cardboard covers limited to the first 10 million people through the door.

Don't buy into this "limited time" crap, there'll be stacks of these things filling shelves well into next year.
  23. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm guessing there will be another DVD set released down the track to include the prequels as well.
  24. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Removed due to sandstorm.
  25. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.