main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA DVD release dates?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eye_of_Sauron

Eye_of_Sauron Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    Pardon the intrusion, don't normally post in here. But after reading the same ppl posting complaints about multiple DVD releases that are in the games thread openly giving each other pirate software, I felt this PvP cartoon was highly apropriate.

Enjoy.

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I don't mind all the re-releases. In truth, it makes collecting DVD's all that more fun. I'm just glad that so far I have had the money to do so :)

And here's another DVD re-release, of sorts. Lucasfilm are packaging Episode I with Episode II. It's a two disk set, so the two extras disks for both movies will be missing. Whether they will be added to the movie disks doesn't seem likely. Might pick this up just for collector's sake, if it comes here.

3. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Has anyone bought the Back to the Future set yet? I keep seein in the shop but dont know what its like yet.

I bought Pearl Harbor The Director's cut today, and I can say this is a awesome DVD. I manage to pick it up for $40 from JB instead of most prices which are about $50-$60. Its 3 discs and like LOTR, it has 60 extra shots put into the movie, its got heaps of SFX on it, full deconstruction of entire CG scenes, the history, boot camp (americian) and tons more.

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    No I'm not getting the Back to the Future DVD's just yet. I'm getting them this Saturday when they are on Special. I posted a link to a review on the Australian Back to the Future Trilogy DVD Box Set in this thread on the last page SK. It sounds very good though ;)

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Okay I have good news for us Star Wars waiting for the OT to come to DVD. Today I wen't into Big W to get something for Father's Day and to get a DVD for my mother (Meet Joe Black) and I got talking with the guy in the Home Entertainment section.

I asked him about Pre-ordering Episode 2 so I did that and he also said to me that the OT will be released next year in mid March on DVD with all new footage and features just for the DVD.

6. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Did you ask him where he got that info from, because to me it's highly likely he is wrong. They won't be out until 2005 after Episode III, that's what George has said for the last 3 years or so.

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well the guy there did show me a sheet that had future release dates of films on DVD and the OT was on there as a DVD Box Set. This sheet could be false though.

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I just hope the originals are on there. I'd be reluctant to get them if we're stuck with the special editions and nothing else. Even worse would be if these rumours of making further changes for the DVD are true. I just want to watch the films I grew up with. I never bought the special editions on VHS and I doubt I would on DVD unless the originals were a part of it.

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I do hope that there is an option on the OT DVD's to either watch the SE or the original originals. That would be great and would keep many fans happy.

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Don't hold your breath... George has said the OT would come out as part of a box set after ep3, but he has also said that what we refer to as the Special Editions are "the" films now... even the VHS box set had a sticker on them calling them the "1997 Theatrical Release" [face_plain]

11. Eye_of_Sauron

Aug 18, 2002
    I had a look in the classic trilogy forum where there's a lot of threads on what "should" be in the OT DVDs.
    Scary stuff, what was wrong with these films in the first place?

NOTHING!!

Ain't broke? Don't fix. [face_plain]

12. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I think the point that George is trying to make is that, what we saw back in '77 wasn't what he wanted it to be, but that was all he could do with the special effects limitations at the time.

Now, with the infinite amount of possibilities thanks to the humble PC, he can go back and add those things he originally wanted (i.e. the first appearance of Jabba with Han, the improved Cloud City).

I don't mind the Special Edition, although there are elements of it I'm not happy with (Greedo's scene comes to mind) many of the inclusions and changes made sense.

But the fact remains, this is George's baby, so he makes the final decision on what he wants, not what we want.

Just be glad that he hasn't reshot the entire original trilogy with new actors :p

13. Eye_of_Sauron

Aug 18, 2002
    I know you're not serious with that last suggestion of yours, but some ppl in the film forums do want that to happen when George is finished making the prequel trilogy.

Damn kids.

14. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    wasnt there a rumour that he was gonna do eps 6,7,8 in cg? ?[face_plain]

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I've heard rumours that Lucas will be releasing 7, 8 & 9 but using CG to create Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. That would suck. I say just finish the Prequels and leave it at that.

Anyway I bought a few DVD's today.

Back to the Future Trilogy - Great set I must say. Lots of cool extras and great animated menus. Extras include deleted scenes, funny outtakes, trailers, production archives, audio commentary and making of featurettes. I highly recommend these and for only $50 they are a great buy.

Black Hawk Down - Great movie and the DVD is also very good. Excellent sound but not many features though. I just bought the DVD since I liked the film that's all.

Gladiator - Well this DVD is a 2 disc set and the second CD is loaded with features including audio commentary, behind the scenes featurettes, 11 deleted scenes, trailers and lots more.

Getting Starship Troopers on DVD soon ;)

16. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    The Pearl Harbour DVD looks mighty impressive, although I'm not a fan of the movie (it's like Titanic, just skip half of the movie and get to the death and destruction scenes!).

And on the Star Wars topic, I disagree with what you mentioned on 7, 8 & 9 going cgi. Although it never made it big, Final Fantasy was a great movie to watch thanks to the lifelike movement of the characters. If ILM developed an advanced version of that technology & throw in the inclusion of the original actors voices, you'd soon forget that it's a cgi film. They possibility is there, and with a little work it could turn out to be something really special.

Whether George does or not doesn't worry me, I'm just looking forward to Episode 3. That's something to really look forward to.

17. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I am a extremely major Back to the Future fan and i just found out that my sister is buying me the DVD set as a present!!!! YEEESSSS!!!!!!

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Excellent news SOE. You will not be dissapointed with BTTF Trilogy DVD Boxset.

Also another release date. If you are a major Farscape fan (like myself), the Farscape Season One DVD Boxset is being released in Australia (Region 4) around October.

This is what the DVD Box Set looks like.

[image=http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/221277.jpg]

I cannot wait for this since most Australian television networks could not be stuffed showing the show properly or not showing it at all.

19. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    yer, they were always cutting heaps out of the episodes when they screened em on ch 9 :(

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    My mum bought the Back to the Future DVD box set thingo... I only had time to watch the first of the series when I was up there last. The features on it are pretty cool... They have a huge "did you know" kinda thing with weird facts going all the way through. My only problem with that CD is that on the box it says that it has a commentary, but it doesn't... What it does have is a question and answer thing with the writers. Mind you, that's still pretty good, but I was looking forward to the commentary. I don't know if that's the same with the other two discs though, will have to check it out when I next venture to my parents house.

21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The 'commentary' and the Anecdotes (Did You Know) is only on the first disc. They are not included on the second and third disc which is ashame. The first is best for features but the USA version will have everything so I feel they rushed it out here abit too soon. They should have taken there time and done everything right.

22. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Picked up myself a copy of Willow (by George Lucas & Ron Howard) Special Edition today. One of my favorites, will watch the special features tonight.

23. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    That's on my must have list. Let me know what the features are like (although I'd still get it anyway just for the film even if it had crappy features).

24. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    The only SE additions I hate where in ROTJ.
    The Sarlac pit was fine as it was. The dance number while funny didn't fit in either. Boba Fett wonders around in the scenes and then when it goes back to original scenes hes off somewhere else.

They should do a SE Ep 1 minus Jar Jar Binks.

25. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Nah Jar Jar Binks was cool. He was only in ther for all the kiddies if he wasnt ther there would have been much point in them seein it (etc favorites such as C3PO and R2D2, but you dont see them much anyway). Star Wars needs characters like him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.