main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq DVD Release Event Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Know it's a while from now, but just wanted to get the ball rolling on something for the DVD release on Sept 21st.

May have Hasting's interested in hosting us (Thanks Gecko!)

Any ideas? Anyone?

(Bueller...Bueller?)

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    costumes!

stormtroopers & biker scout out front asking people for ID's... imp guard at the inside of the doors and lightsaber battle in the middle of the store... um, hum...

I waas daydreaming when i was at hastings last week. :D

3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    any word on anything?

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    If we can get some pics printed of the group...we could show it to the mangager and get this rolling....all she has seen is my Sandy Armor...I am sure she will get more excited if she saw others.

Which reminds me...I keep looking at the SD FanForce page and I see the pics at the top of members....when are we going to get that rolling?

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    It was scheduled, but with too many conflicts with everyone's schedules. If we can get our costumes on a roll here in the next month or so, we could put together a kick-butt photo shoot for both the banner & to sell to places such as Hastings, the Children's Hosp, etc.

Should we just have another costuming/armoring workshop so we can get some of these done? I know Jess & Ken would be valuable to maybe help some of us get over the hump, so to say...

How about sometime after Memorial Day?

*** BREAKING NEWS ****

My TIE helmet is in!!! Ken's delivering the goods on Sunday...you made my day Ken! :)

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    that sounds good to me.

Lor stated he can take pictures of people whenever and can photoshop it in.

I will bug him some more.

But from my point of view, its hard to get something done when things are really busy for everyone else.

I say we do the workshop and take pictures of peole there and get the others later on.

7. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I still have my "stolen" blue screen... I'm gonna' have to give it back eventually...

-lor

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    BTW, Gecko there are pictures of us in costume on Halloween on the website. Why not give her the URL so she can check out who we are anyways. Since our bio's are there and almost all our pictures-including the ones from the toy show.

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    oh I was wondering do we get a discount on the DVD's if we come and do the event?

I think it would be nice, cause of the attention we would bring them.

10. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    A clever Photoshop edit or the next "Greedo Shoots First"?

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx2/jedichanges.jpg]

11. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I have heard from sources...it is the real deal! I hate it! [face_shame_on_you]

12. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Yeah, that seems to be the consensus in the CT forum. My initial reaction was, "Ut oh, this isn't good." I don't know if it's a good thing, but I think I'll wait to see the DVDs before coming to a firm conclusion. And who knows, maybe when you watch Eps I-VI in order, it'll seem natural. Time will tell.

13. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    If they do change this scene, wouldn't it make sense to have Anakin AND Obi-wan in their prime? Or did someone just throw that together real quick as an example, not knowing what it will really be (or as a hoax)? Or do they only show up as a ghost of themselves as they were at the last point in their lives that they were still on the Light side? Can I possibly ask any more questions?

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think it has something to do with that was what he looked like when he was last a jedi. Even though he came back from the dark side he was not truly a jedi anymore.

and whn Vader did become one with the force at the time of his death and you see him, why is he wearing Jedi Clothing-when he wasn't wearing them at the time of his death?

The last time he wore the clothing of a jedi was when he was a young buck right?

or when you become one with the force do they hand you a bag and say, "here's your clothes for the afterlife. You must wear them for any spectral apprences to your descendents. blah blah blah"

of course he should be in his actual jedi clothes-the darker ones not the general colours. Thats not anakin clothing. That like me coming back in a spectral vision wearing a puffy skirt and ruffles and looking like Naomi Judd.

(this is suppose to be funny)

15. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    But he wasn't wearing those robes when he was last a Jedi, he was wearing the robes he's in in Episode III.

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    all the pics I have seen have him in the dark clothing still in Episode 3. Not the regular jedi clothing.

17. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    ha ha, Varza, you crack me up! Puffy skirt
    Yeah, that's why I thought it looked suspicious, too... Anakin doesn't ever seem to wear the lighter Jedi uniform... so why would he in the afterlife?

18. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah, i love those puffy skirts.

I was wondering the same thing. I have heard they are adding him but I just hope it doesn't look like that.

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I knew this thread was somewhere...

Anyway, Linda (MaraJadeFan) posted this at the CR boards. Had to get this out right away:

Nine Best Buy stores in the US have agreed to hold Midnight Madness events for the Star Wars Trilogy DVD release on September 21st. The event begins at 10:30PM, Monday September 20th with giveaways to the first 50 people in line as well as sweepstakes prizes. Doors open to the store at 12:01AM for the midnight release of the Star Wars Trilogy. The nine stores in the US are:

* North Avenue - Store #323 1000 W. North Avenue Chicago, IL 60622-2549

* Riverside - Store #110 3900 Tyler Street Riverside, CA 92503

* Westwood - Store #367 10861 Weyburn Ave Los Angeles, CA 90024-2909

* Sterling, VA - Store #146 45575 Dulles Eastern Plaza Sterling, VA 20165

* White Marsh - Store #159 Nottingham Square White Marsh, MD 21162

* Westbury, NY - Store #454 1100 Old Country Road Westbury, NY 11590-5625

* RICHFIELD, MN - Store #281 1000 West 78th Street Richfield, MN 55423

* Plano, TX - Store #202 2800 N Central Expressway Plano, TX 75074

I talked to Mary Franklin (Lucasfilm) on the phone today regarding the possibility of Best Buy agreeing to hold Midnight Madness events at other Best Buy stores throughout the nation. I reminded her that Fanforce has close to 120 chapters in cities throughout the US. Mary Franklin told me that they had no control what stores Best Buy decided to hold the event in, however she offered to give to Best Buy the contact information of any club who wished to hold an event at Best Buy in their city.

So, if you would like LFL to contact Best Buy to give them your club contact information, please post here, and send me a PM with your full name, best phone number to reach you, and email address. I will pass this information along to Mary Franklin, who will in turn, pass this information along to Best Buy. Should Best Buy decide to have an event in your city, they will contact you.

There is no guarantee that Best Buy will decide to hold an event in a city other than the 9 stores, but, the chances are better if LFL contacts them directly and lets them know there is a chapter in their area willing to "work" an event for them. So send me your contact information, and I will pass it on to Mary Franklin so that she doesn't have to receive 120 different emails regarding this.

I PMed her about it!

20. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Varza you crack me up. [face_laugh]

Whatever you guys decide on the DVD release is fine with me. I like the idea of Lucasfilm contacting the local Best Buy here, that's pretty cool. Let's hope it works out.

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Up...gotta keep the momentum going here!

Bob, any word yet? I kind of hate to wait around for BB and not have a backup plan...still think the westside Hastings might be our fall back plan.

22. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I do believe that Gecko's working on a photo album. You might want to PM him about it...

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    From reading the San Diego thread regarding Best Buy - it seems as they might be a a little more difficult than originally planned...but we can still wait and see I guess?

Gecko - do you still have the mgr contact at Hastings? can we call her again, maybe set up a face to face with our cool pics from Bubonicon (we're proven to get the media's attention!!!)

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    going in costume might be an idea as well-to let them have an idea what we would look like-well at least those in costume

25. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Ok....I just went by Hastings and spoke to the Manager Helen there. I took my photo album in to show her some of the pics of the past events of the Imperials and Rebels! The great thing was....the District Manager was in the store too....he saw the pics (he got giddy as a little school girl)and wanted to know if we could do 2 stores. I think we would have a better presentation if we stuck to one store. So...it is a GO for Hastings on September 20th at 10-11pm - 1-2am!

I went by Best Buy too...they will not be doing the midnight release.....closest Best Buy that is....is in Denver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.