DVD release Event

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay, FL' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi everyone I have some new news about the DVD release event. I have spoken with BestBuy and ToysRUs this past week and today. Denise and I took them both letters of what we want to do for this event, as well as a mock up of a flier for them to look at. Both partys said they want to have us for these events. ToysRUs would like to do a big event for this for the kids. Becky said they might like to do prizes for the kids at the door. BestBuy has said they want to do fliers a week before this event so people know to come out the day we plan to be there. They talked about a midnight release run also maybe if we had people that could make it. Also they talked about having the media involved as well, like we had for the movie premire at AMC24.

As this date gets closer I will have more information for you all, BestBuy told me to go ahead and plan on doing this event and so did ToysRUs so please mark this on your calendar's. The date will be Nov. 5th for both stores over at Dal Mabry and 275 in Tampa. I talked with them about doing ToysRUs in the morning for about 2 or 3 hours and then breaking for lunch and going over to BestBuy for the rest of the day.

For our 501st members and Rebel Legion members please post this information on the boards with your groups, you are welcomed to come on out. I have told them both that we have stormtroopers in the group, I also put your groups on the mock up fliers with their logos for 501st and the Rebel Legion. How ever if the 501st does not want to be part of this or the Rebel Legion I will remove the logos from the final flier design before they are made up. Also don't forget to bring your family and friends out to this event with you. Tell them if they plan on buying the DVD to wait till then to do so.

If you do not know by now Lucas film will NOT be releasing Revenge of the Sith on VHS, this will be a DVD release ONLY.

So please stayed tuned for more infomation.
  2. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    Ross, I will handle the media. Also, I think it is a good idea to put this on TBO.com as soon as we can. The media will only give us one pop and the most probable time will be in the evening when there will be the biggest crowd. Toys R' Us may be good for the daytime and it will be a good time for moms & dads with their kids, then Best Buy around 7pm or so. I recommend a larger party of Stormtroopers, Darth Vaders, and other costume characters for the evening.

I'm looking forward to another fun event with Fan Force !!!
  3. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats what Im looking to get out there for both locations, they are right across from eachother. I will get you info asap when I get it from them.
  4. PrincessElaina Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will send a press release to my contact at ABC News. She told me to let her know of future events. She has been at my last three. We will see!!

Gabrielle
  5. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    Gabrielle,
    I will be coordinating all of the networks for the event, I have my contacts from when we did midnight opening. If you would like, we can work together so there is no duplication of effort to ABC. I'm anticipating a larger crowd than AMC.
  6. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Joe and Burt since you guys belong to the 501st will you please pass along the info on this event to them and tell them we would like for them to join us at both locations? And if we can get a note to the Rebel Legion as well Marie?

I will check back with my people soon for more updates.

Thanks guys and lady
  7. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ross the 501st has events that day in Brandon so I don't know how many will be able to troop these 2 also. Maybe we can get some RL pilots.
  8. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [face_praying] Perhaps of few of them could see fit to grace our event?
  9. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully they will...Bert can you help out with this one please.
  10. PrincessElaina Jedi Knight

star 1
    yes Brian that is fine,

I know a contact from ABC that comes out to most of my events for "live shots" and told me to let her know where I would appearing next. I was going to drop her a line.

Can't wait, thanks Ross for setting this event up!!

gabby
  11. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    sounds like a plan Gabrielle...I will check with you as we get closer to Nov 5th for a confirmation with your contact at ABC.
  12. Skaught Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you for thinking about including the 501st in your upcoming events. However, we have already committed to EB Games (for the Battlefront II release) and the St. Pete Best Buy for some appearances, and the Toys R Us in Brandon. In the future, please speak to us before mentioning our involvement to stores, since we often have already organized something on our own (such as in this case). We don't want to promise anything that won't come to fullfilment, since it would make the 501st look bad and we wouldn't even be aware of it. This is also true concerning using our logo on flyers.

Again, I appreciate the desire to have us involved, but please drop us a line at the start of the process. Thanks!

Scott Will
    Commanding Officer
    Florida Garrison
  13. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Still in the planning stages, that is why we want to see what is on your agenda. Have not committed your people to anything, only that we would check into your interest in a possible involvement.
  14. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I need a head count for this event, I need to know who is 1005 going to show up for this. If we have less then 5 people it will not happen then. I do not want to put forth the effort and waste ToysRus and BestBuy's time putting this together and have people back out at the last minute or not show up at all.
  15. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
  16. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm there because I'm a fan and I like it! I'll need a cool t-shirt to wear.
  17. PrincessElaina Jedi Knight

star 1
    count me in! I will have my senate dress by then!
  18. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm only a maybe and it would probably be the morning only.
  19. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Again I am posting to say that this might be moved to Sunday the 6th so others can make this event. I will know more this weekend after I meet with the area ToysRus event coordinator over atthe store this Saturday morning.

So if your still wanting to do this as TDB1138 and can make it plase list your name here and costume.

Thank you

Ross-Jedi or Imperial Officer
    Denise Jedi or New Hope Liea

please cut abd paste to your post on going list
  20. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    the 6th is ok with me. I'll be attending the evening event.
  21. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    either day should be fine for me.

Ross-Jedi or Imperial Officer
    Denise Jedi or New Hope Liea
    Matt- Jedi or Sith
  22. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Matt -Sith
    Jace -Jedi (assuming the aforementioned sith, returns his jedi robes :p )

onward
  23. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    lol I'll get you robes back to you as soon as I see you. You never responded to my pm.
  24. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Did we get your new cloak completed?
  25. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, and I actually have to do a new one for my sith costume. The one we were working on won't quite work right, so I need to make it a hooded cape instead. I'll need to get together with you before Necro to get it done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.