DVD release Event

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay, FL' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    ****UP DATE****

The date for this is now the 6th of Nov. on Sunday 12pm to 3pm. ToysRus wants to have us there and will work on things to do with us for the kids to enjoy. They will be putting up fliers in advance to let the public know about this event.

They will have a room for us to change in to get ready and to change when we leave.

Brian please make contact with who ever you are going to talk with about the media part, they said it is no problem.

Will have more info as this gets closer.

The DVD event for BestBuy is also a GO for us, they want us to do a midnight in store event on Nov. 1st but Im not sure we can get the numbers of people to show up because its on a Tuesday. If you guys want to do that we can do it. Other wise it will be on Sat.the 6th. I need a time that will be good for everyone. Is 11am to 3pm good for you all, please let me know.

Both stores will have locatoins for to change in and will put up fliers, and BestBuy said they dont mind the News coming in with us.

So I need a full head count to do these events at both stores, they are right across the street from each ohter.

If you have a costume please bring it with you and wear it if you do not please still show up in your t-shirt.
  2. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    good job Ross, it looks like things are starting to take shape.

I can be there on Sat and Sun, weekday no good for me.

I will work with Gabrielle on mass media coverage as we get closer to the event and the date/time firm up for both locations. I will also get us on TBO.com, so get ready for a very big turn out.
  3. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure will let you know, I have company and may be taking her to the airport Sun. Right now Sat. would only be for about an hour or 2 at the most. Do you mean Sat. 5th for Best Buy and TRU Sun?
  4. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes Sat. 5th for BestBuy and Sun. 6th for ToysRus, most people have said that the 6th would be better for them. Just like the 5th in the after noon would be better for some others for the BestBuy.
  5. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes Sat. 5th for BestBuy and Sun. 6th for ToysRus, most people have said that the 6th would be better for them. Just like the 5th in the after noon would be better for some others for the BestBuy.
  6. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (11/1/05) - added 9/20
    Exclusive Wal-Mart The Story of Star Wars Bonus DVD
    (Bundled bonus disc with purchase of select copies of Star Wars: Episode III DVD)

This exclusive bonus disc includes the hour-long R2-D2 & C-3PO's Chronicles of Luke and Anakin Skywalker documentary.
  7. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Please cut and paste your name if you still want to do the dvd/game release at ToysRus and BestBuy?

Ross
    Denise
  8. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Those who want to do this, also send some ideas what you would like to do for the kids entertainment. The stores will be providing door prizes and such.
  9. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Date Posted: 10/12 4:23pm Subject: RE: DVD release Event
    Please cut and paste your name if you still want to do the dvd/game release at ToysRus and BestBuy?

Ross
    Denise
    Marie

-----signature-----
    The Force has a light side and a dark side.
    I like jumping between them.
    Costume? This is no costume. I like dressing this way.

10. Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Knight

star 1

Ross
    Denise
    Marie
    Jamie
  11. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK I spoke with BestBuy again, I believe the time will be around 12pm till when ever we get tired. They will have a changing room for us so bring your costume with you to change into. They should be having an area up in the front of the store for ys to be at when people are walking in. And I think there will be another area in the back by all of the dvds and games as well.

ToysRus is asking if theres any activities we can do for the kids that day? If you have an idea let me know. They are also planning on giving us an area to be in at the store and changing room too. The time for this will be 12pm 2pm unless we can find things for the kids to do then we can go longer.

heres the dates for both events-

BestBuy over at Dale Mabry and 275 on Nov.5th at 12pm or 1pm till we get tired

ToysRus across the street from BestBuy Dale Mabry and 275 on Nov. 6th at 12pm till 2pm or 3pm

Please come on out even if you have a t-shirt to hang out with us for this event.

Thank you.

Ross
    Denise
    Marie
    Jamie
  12. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I spoke with Matt and Annie tonight they are planning on coming to both events that weekend.

We will have a banner also for these evnets as well as Necro-con for our table too, that matchs the banner on the website.

Ross
    Denise
    Marie
    Jamie
    Matt
    Annie
  13. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    ToysRus will have coloring for the kids as well as door prizes, games and we'll be doing a droid hunt for them to take part in at the store. I was told that the Star Wars Toys will be on sale that day as well, they will be giving copys of the movie away and the game. The store will be running the movie while we are there also.

BestBuy will be doing about the same thing running the movie and giving copys away of the movie and game in a in store raffle, which we will be handing out the tickets for this. I was also told that they will give away Master Replica lightsabers in the raffle as well. I believe it will be one of each thing to be given away in store only.

Brain is working on the media thing again for us as well for the BesyBuy location, ToysRus is up in the air about this due to changes with in the company happening soon.

ToysRus has hinted to the fact that when the NEW toy line comes they would like us to come back agian already.
  14. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Depends on when the new line comes out.
  15. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Everything is a go for both of these dates again they are

BestBuy Nov. 5th at 12pm till 3pm or you feel like leaving.

ToysRus Nov. 6th at 12pm till 3pm

Both stores will ahve a changing room for us to use, both will be giving away copys of the movie and game. BestBuy will also be giving away a MasterReplica Lightsaber with the winners choice of red or blue blade.

All give aways will be in store raffle.

The kids at ToysRus will take part in a droid hunt and win figures-

1st place 12" action figure
    2nd place 10" action figure
    3rd place 33/4" actin figure

If your planning on show up for these events please show up 30min. before we start.

Both stores are at 275 and N. Dale Mabry across from eachother.

Our banner will be on display for the week before the event at BestBuy and then the day of at ToysRus.

Costume and non-costume members are welcome to join the fun at both stores. If you need more info please PM me.

16. briansview Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan on being at the November 6 event, in my Emperor costume.

Brian Roth
  17. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Great Brian!! That will be really cool!!!
  18. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome Sith costume. Especially the red and yellow contacts. The fangs were a nice touch.
  19. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Went by both stores today on the way home and they are already doing a great job of letting people know about the events coming up this weekend. Our group banner is up at Best Buy and smaller posters and such are up at both stores. Im planning on going there again tomorrow to drop off more posters for them both.

Best Buy has added a copy of the Clone Wars Vol. 1 cartoon to the list of things they are giving away with us.

Please show up 30min. early so you have time to change unless you are planning to show up in costume but I would like it if you brought your costume with you, we will have a changing room area. If you need more time then 30min to get ready please feel free to show up at 11am. I will be there at 11am at both stores Sat. and Sun.
  20. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    3 More Days until Best Buy, Saturday, and 4 days until Toys R Us, Sunday, costumed events. Those without costumes who would like to help may wear your club shirt or any other Star Wars related garb. We will need handlers as well as costumed folks so all can participate and help whether in character or not. There will be lots of things going on at the promo and plenty for everyone to do to help make this event a success. I have extra costumes for females, 2 Leia's, a Luke Ceremonial if you are really thin male and some extra jedi robes. IM me if you would like to borrow something. What I have is limited so IM me today if you need costuming help. The real goal of this event is to give kids a real kick with Star Wars characters and instill in them the love we have grown up with for sci-fi and creativity. With media coverage and public presence, it gives our club a much needed uplift and positive fun. Please be there to show your support and to have a great time.
  21. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    I second that Denise. I previewed the Stormtrooper Imperial Officer's uniform at work on Monday and it was a big hit, everybody liked it.

here are the pics from work -> http://mysite.verizon.net/res1nr4j/office_jpm_halloween
  22. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    link is no good Brian. Can you fix it?
  23. jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master

star 1
    sorry about that, here is the working link.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1nr4j/office_jpm_halloween.htm
  24. Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very nice Brian. Although if I remember correctly, I think you said that Denise made it for you, so she deserves some applause, too. But it looks great on you. I wore mine for the first time on Halloween. As soon as I put it on I decided that I want to wear it all the time. It was so much fun. And also a very hot costume to wear, especially since I was outside for awhile and then in a house without the AC on. Can't wait to wear it again this weekend. I still want to make some modifications to make it better, but for now its not too bad.
  25. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You do the uniform proud Brian. I just finished Matt's Imperial Naval Uniform, all but the hat. Looks like we are building a little regiment of the Empire to go along with our many Rebel forces. Tomorrow is the day. Looking forward to seeing everyone in their best Star Wars regalia. The kids will love it and we get to be kids this weekend while we slip into our favorite character mode. We've been watching other previous episodes of the Saga all week getting ready to be the charaters this weekend. Best Buy event is shaping up to be a big event with a lot of support from the store. Toys R Us is shaping up to be a good day too. MTFBWYA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.