main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC DVD release IV-VI in September Fan participation wanted!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    September DVD release is coming up as we all know and so I am putting out a second post now looking for interested members who would like to hang out at a major store that will be releasing the DVD in their favorite Star Wars outfit. I figure I need the names of at least 5 interested members to pull some trooping time at the store. This has the potential to recruit members into the club and generate future interest in our participation at future Sci Fi/Fantasy/Comic/Anime events, we may even get a little bonus if we talk to the host right! Like maybe guarantee first purchase oppourtunity of the trilogy for those who strut their stuff in costume at the store (suggestion not a guarantee) afterwards maybe we can do a group dinner at a home or restaurant, if it's at a home we could watch the new DVDs at the same time we dine. Persons who are interested but without an outfit may want to start plans now. I'm looking for any outfit from the Star Wars universe to participate. I'm sorry I missed the festivities but I was required for Naval Duty yesterday, hope to make the meeting on the 10th though! Any interested members please contact me at: malarat@pacificcoast.net

Randy TK-0773
    CDN garrison 501st.ca

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, Randy! Good to see you again! Been keeping busy?

Like I said before, I'd be happy to do this, if we get enough people to make a respectable presence. Five sounds pretty good.

Derisa's got a Jedi as well as a Sith costume, and I have a Jedi costume sans robe that needs a bit of work, although it was good enough for the Ep. II lineup.

I think Sionnach has a costume under construction, as well. I can't speak for Sionnach, but I am certainly willing to help people with sewing.

How many costumes do you have, Randy, and are you willing to loan them out to others?

We'll discuss the specific arrangements at the meeting, but please let us know ahead of time if you can't attend, because I'd like you to be there for that discussion, since this was your idea.

- Rani

3. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    I haven't picked a site yet probably the Eatons Center or Mayfair wherever there is more people traffic the better. I'm also open to site suggestions. I want to confirm at least 5 interested people before I approach a vendor, with relatively equal number of Imperials to Rebels, bounty hunters and other denizens of the galaxy (jedi's) are just a bonus =) I do have spare outfits I am willing to loan to interested persons although you will have to fit a size 10.5 boot and bring your own black jumpsuit. I have a Stormtrooper armor, Tie Pilot, Scout Trooper, and Royal Guard (short) outfits available keeping in mind they are designed to fit me. (xlrg Samoan size).
    Personally I'm hoping to make this a fun event, involving family's and buds participating, never hurts to have a few ewoks or jawas in strollers or waddling around. =) Once I find a vendor I will ask for people times and availability through out the day. I can't tell you how much of a kick I get out of a little kid starring up into my helmet and the look of astonishment on their face, it can be a lot of fun!

Randy

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I love the costume stuff: I think it's a great idea and you can totally count me in. :)

I think we should do the Mayfair Mall thing in conjunction with one of the stores there, maybe on the weekend after the release, as it's likely to be very busy, but do something downtown on the day of: that's where we'll meet the most people and have the most fun. I also really think we should hit the Speaker's Corner a couple of times to advertise the club and the release... does anyone else think that's a good idea?

I have a pretty much complete Jedi and Sith costumes, as well as I have two Jedi costumes for children: one Jedi robe to fit a size 6-8, and one to fit a 10-12. (We should inventory all of our costume options, and get people to decide who they wanna be, so we can work on making sure all the fiddly bits are right for the event.)

We are gonna hammer out more of these plans at the meeting, right?

*Derisa*

5. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    Ok so the release is Sept 21st a tues so I may have to arrange two appearances those who can make it on Tuesday and those who can only make it on a weekend. So speak up if your interested what costume you may have and what day you think you can do or both I know on that weekend is the DVD release party so we can party once were done! But still need to hear from you, to make this sevent succesfull.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.