main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC DVD Release We Have A Sight!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Ok I was already to go! Lap top in hand with 501 propaganda of us troopin, pictures video clips all ready to go! I even brought some shinies! Stickers Patches temp tattys to sway the local merchant over to our side. In the end all I had to tell them was, we were a non profit group, and no money would be accepted. Well the HMV manager in the Mayfair malls eyes just lit up and we were in. Just like that! We have DVDs reserved for purchase for those who attend in costume, plus a few bonus items from the HMV store. A place to change in the back for those of us who can't drive in armor. We are set for as many appearances as we like. I figure any time after 3pm the day of the release (Sept 21st Tues), we can get together at the store and get into costume for a couple hours and then appear perhaps in shifts one day on the weekend. Now all we need is the people! All interested persons should e-mail me with what costume they will appear in, and when is the best time and day for you, and I can put together a schedule. No hurry for this info until about 2 weeks before release day preferrably, last minute show ups will be welcome! So my e-mail is malarat@pacificcoast.net I recommend at this point and armor and costume party for those who have ideas but lack perhapas the skills or time to bring it all together.

So any takers for hosting a costume armor party? If it is an all adult party we can add the BYOB part!

That is all I have right now!

Randy TR-0773
    CDN garrison

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    You promised the HMV store that the 501st would be there? No mention of FanForce?

EDIT: I misunderstood about the party, thinking you meant a costume party instead of a costume planning party. It sounds great!

Looking at the minutes from the last meeting, I think Sionnach was going to post something about doing something like this in early August, as soon as she knew her schedule. She's out of town until Monday, I think, but when she gets back, we can probably make arrangements then.

3. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    Well lets see everyone of Fan Force do not have a particular specialty in the Star Wars universe other than being enthusiaists and doing stuff on web boards like this. 501st specializes in Impreial costumes, Rebel Legion the opposite, they are the ones you see in the US at Cons charity events and special Sci Fi related events not Fan Force! Dewback Wing specializes in Roleplaying and Rebel Pilot outfits, what did you expect me to say? As is when I introduced myself to the HMV staff I mention Fan Force and 501st in the same sentence, what they heard was free representation of Star Wars people in costumes with emphasis on free! What it comes down to is this. I do not have a die hard list of fan force or 501 members committed to this event yet! No one has sent me a personal e-mail confirming there response to this event (except the black sheep) (and I sure as heck ain't gonna tell you who that is) or interest!
    I have found us an excellent gig 2 in fact HMV Hillside has indicated an extreme interest in us! For this event, so tell me your interested, I'll add you to the presently non existent list and we have the potential for a kick ass good time! Leave your politics and your petty details at the door! I am focused on the kids and partying and don't have time for anything else!

Randy

I have the guns and the armor and I intend to use both!
    Hail to the Empire!

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I am rather quite bewildered why you're being so rude to everyone, Randy, both on the Vancouver and Victoria forums alike. At our last meeting, you were told to your face which of us were interested. Why you feel you need personal e-mails, especially when we've discussed this topic publically on these forums, remains a mystery.

Do you honestly feel this angry attitude is going to encourage people to want to come out in costume for this DVD release that weren't interested before? Would you be surprised now if those that had been interested changed their minds after reading your latest posts in Vancouver and Victoria?

As for black sheep and politics, until now no one has mentioned any politics except you, even when you tried and failed to get us to speak more on that topic at the meeting. It seems to me that we're not the ones here who appear to need to learn leave politics at the door of whatever HMV store you eventually settle on.

- Rani

5. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    Well lets see! As I see it. I haven't attacked anyone directly intentionally or otherwise. I reread my post just to make sure so yep I ain't apologizin. I haven't demanded anyone to show up here in Victoria or show up in costume. My passion for this event may be overbearing I admit, but what has anyone else done for this or any other fan group in BC? Other than the man who tried to organize a couple of Sci Fi cons in Vic a few years back? I met him he was as enthusiastic planning those events as I am for this one. If I'm accused of having no life other than this event so be it, at least I'm willing to share my toys and adventures. When we talked about this event we threw a lot of ideas around, I mentioned 2 appearances to the host store for those who can't make it on a school day, so we have the weekend, combined with your party plans, if anyone reads previous posts I believe I mentioned willing to pick members up at the ferry and they were welcome to stay at my place. As for the need for a off site personal response, why not? It gives me an idea whos is coming contact numbers if they don't wish to advertise and any special requirements they might need that they don't want everyone to know about, so yeah, send me a personal note. I realize this event isn't everyones idea of fun but as a bucket head and a FF member I know from first hand knowledge how much fun this can be, but yeah if school is more important by all means study all weekend, don't know what your schedule is yet fine, I did say last minute show ups welcome if you can make it and want to show. Keep up with the music or whatever you do and if you simply wanna come down and laugh at the geeks in the outfits well, that's your right too!

I'm passionate about this and probably pig headed but thats because I want it to work and excuse my frustration if one of the best SW fan clubs I know of can't generate any more interest than 3 other members.

Randy

6. obiwan_kurtnobi

obiwan_kurtnobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    Ok I think it's about time I interject here. My name is Kurt I am an employee of the HMV loctaed at hillside mall. I along with my manager ther have been working on a party previous to the release on the Monday september the 20th which would allow us to make the films available for sale at midnight. I have benn attempting some what frustartingly to get people to show ther intrersted in attending in writing. I suspect ther has been some confusion over this. I was informed on monday that the 501st had aproached Twyla the manger at mayfair about an instore appearance at her and our store the day of the release. Tuesday the 21st of september (as if that date isn't forever burned in your psych.) I am alo very excited about the participation of Fans in our store for the day of the release & am extremely greatful to the 501st for offering their support. That I'm hoping to garner now is some more support for a release party. if this is something you think you would like attend please pm or post me here. Though I want to make it clear for the record this not a Fan force event this is not a 501st event this is an HMV event & mostly it's my little project. I will look for help setting up some of the events I have planned from you guys in the coming months however t this point all I need is an endorsement of attendance from you. Thank you all for taking the time to read this if you did,
    Kurt

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Randy, I think the key here is that you'll get more positive response if you can present a more polite attitude. Also, a bit better organisation of the information would help people figure out if they can make it: we have the date, but time and place, rendezvous point, what plans have already been made, et cetera would be good to know too. These forums make an excellent location for all that to occur, so please feel free to continue using the planning threads you two already have in place, just please, keep it civil and as organised and straighforward as you can manage. Thanks.

It sounds to me like both of these events (Randy's and Kurt's) are HMV promotions, which is cool, to have a comapny contact for our groups. We need to get flyers done up and make sure our info gets into the posters or promo material, right? (Are we going to have a table to distribute flyers, have a display, whatever?) So we'll take care of those aspects, but leave it up to each indivdual FF member to let you know if they are planning on attending. How does that sound?

Thanks for your time,

*Derisa*

8. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    The table idea is a good plan I'll find out the rules the stores are governed by to see if they are allowed tables outside of their store area.

I have generic flyers for the 501 group but nothing for the FF group, if someone has an idea for a flyer I have rudimentary computer picture (I wouldn't say graphics) skills (cut and paste). I can throw a few pictures together on my computer add the info and FF e-mail address then get it photocopied and hand them out that way, I'll probably want to clear anything I make with Derisa first, so again ideas are welcome, or someone can jump on the pamplet idea, any takers?

note: I had a table at the last anime comic event here in Vic and did have several kids contact me through the 501 interested in joining, due to the 501 charter we have an age restriction, and had I known about FF better would have directed them here.

My ship is finally finished sailing at the end of this week so I have time to ask the questions and do the investigative leg work, again I need ideas and input otherwise it's a bunch of us in outfits walkin around the mall and handing out leaflets.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.