main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON DVD Release

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    OK, the DVD release for Episode III is Nov 1. I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing something for this?

We could try to find a place to visit in costume (for those of us with costumes) or we could just buy a copy and watch it that night.

Any interest?

2. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i dont have my work schedule yet, so im not really able to say if i can make it(sorry its becoming a trend with me, isnt it?) a get-together for Ep.III release would be cool, perhaps like a day long marathon viewing of the saga or something. ill keep ya in the loop if im able to come...

:D

3. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    OK, it's official... I talked to the manager at Jumbo Video, the only video store in London that's going to be open at 12:01 Nov 1, and they would be happy to have some of us come there.

Deb said she might come out for that, anyone else?

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Flub, I don't have my costume here so I'm not sure what to do :S

5. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    hmmmm.... I think we could figure something out.... I'm sure I could make a Princess Leia (ANH) costume fairly quickly! :p

6. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I'd like to get one of my costumes up here if I can though, but shipping wouldn't be cheap. :S

7. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Okay, the shipping thing is not happening...once you factor in the headpiece and stuff like that it makes no sense. Which sucks because on Hallowe'en we can dress up at work.

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I still say we could throw something together on the weekend. If you're still coming to help me move stuff at all, I can see what material I have and through something together.

9. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I'm still good to help you move but may have to duck out for a few hours on one of the days to have coffee with friends from outta town). Hmm...do you have anything lying around like basic Jedi gear? I think it would be a lot to throw something together on the same weekend as a move, no?

10. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I have all day Saturday and Sunday to do stuff. I do have some basic Jedi stuff hanging around, but I can guarantee that if it fits me, it'll be to big for you, I'm just a little bit taller than you are! ;) I do have a belt and some boots you can borrow though, and I'm sure I could make tabbards, obi and 1 tunic in a few hours, if you don't care how well they're finished (no hand sewing) and just wear a turtleneck underneath. That'll be warmer anyway. I know that only my navy cape would fit though, but it's the wrong colour, and none of my robes will, they're all long on me.

11. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    My enthusiasm to do this isn't so high since I don't have my costume up here and anything we came up with quickly in an already hectic weekend couldn't be amazing :( I also work later than usual that night, and then again early in the morning...I guess bottom line is that we could throw something together if it's really important to you but otherwise I wouldn't go and do it of my own accord.

12. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    okays, i'm back up with costume ;) lemme know about times and such!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.