main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL DVD-ROM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheGhoest, Oct 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    I'm not sure if anybody could do this, but, here we go.

I have a DVD player, but not a DVD-ROM, so I can't get the content on the official site. I was wondering if I could make a deal with anybody who has one to send me some of the content.

I would be mighty grateful if someone would do this, but if you can't, I understand.

Thanx again,

The Ghoest-

2. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    As far as I know, its impossible to transfer, or even save the online content that is linked to in the DVD.

Sorry.

I'm sure someone will hack is soon, at which time copies will be floating thru the internet and obtaining one should be too difficult.

3. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait. :(

The Ghoest-

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    welll if you want to see it...(its totally awesome with the new pdrace scenes) just talk to some people and we can all get together and watch it

Ia

5. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    Hello Ia-Bou, nice outfit. God I miss living in Orlando.

Good day.

6. Halo

Halo Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2001
    I've got a DVD-ROM and Ep I. I'll see what I can't figure out. There's got to be a way to save some of the content.

There are always ways around these things :)

7. Halo

Halo Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2001
    Well, I checked out dvd.starwars.com, and honestly, there isn't a whole lot to be seen or read. The only thing worth looking at on Ep II was a Quicktime Trailer type thing with still images. I can d/l it and burn it to a CD along with the other trailers I've downloaded (including a high-quality version of the recalled Spider-Man Trailer with the WTC in it) if you want. Most of the other things were merely articles on the DVD and how it was made.

The way to save content from the html files would be to right-click on the page, choose "View Source", copy all the text in the HTML, and then paste it to a new webpage using FrontPage or Netscape Composer. You probably wouldn't get the pictures, but you'd get all the text.

If that didn't work, there's always screenshots :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.