main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX DVD Rumors Buzzing again . . .

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ObiJuan70, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    There's a buzz going around on one of the boards that I frequent that Access Hollywood had a Report that the SW Original Trilogy and the Indy Trilogy may be out this year.

I already have the OT on DVD (it's good to have connections :) ) But to have the Indy Trilogy on DVD would be Awesome !!!!

Let's see if that report turns out to be legit in the next few days on here.

Take Care Friends

John

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    That would be sweet!

Anyone who says Lucas is all about the $$$ is an idiot--I mean, you know, I know, and he *definitely* knows how much money he could have already made had the OT and Indy movies been released on dvd already...

Which isn't to say that they didn't strategically plan for a dvd release while being evasive about it...

Since changes to TPM have already been mentioned and AOTC will probably be tweaked for the "ULTIMATE STAR WARS SAGA" dvd set, no problem here if they release the OT between now and Episode III :cool:

3. Vaderman247

Vaderman247 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    If we know Lucas like I believe we do, then we can expect additional footage included with the OT DVDs. Maybe even some footage shot with the prequel actors to connect the two together more seamlessly. Either way,they should be very gorgeous indeed. Can't wait!

4. Master_MJade

Master_MJade Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    i heard some where that once ep 3 come out that a lil while later the OT will come out.... /add scenes and even better effects

5. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    hi there guys, well since we are all talking about dvd rumors. the latest rumor that i have heard from several sources, is that once episode 3 is done ,that in 2006 lucas will release all six episodes at one time in the big screen, with additional footage if i may add and will put on dvd all six movies together in one big giant package. talk about around $100.00 gift pack. also there is some spectulation that episodes 7-9 are written, but have been put on the back burner. i for one want to see all this done.

6. Master_MJade

Master_MJade Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    7-9???

sorry pal but i think that Lucas said that after EP 3 he wasn't writing ne more

7. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    This was actually a topic at our last meeting. There was buzz when Return of the Jedi came out in 83 that Lucas had written a total of nine chapters and I think that this was the subject of a misquote with Lucas recently but it looks as if 6 chapters will be all to be seen . . .

Take Care and I hope you can make the next meeting Kassandra . . .

John

8. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I have come out of lurkdom to bring you very disturbing and depressing news. I just read this on the Ain't It Cool News website:

"THERE WILL BE NO ORIGINAL VERSIONS ON DVD!!! Lucas flat out said that we won't see the originals on DVD" This according to a source called The Film Maven who went to the ILM/Skywalker Sound tribute at the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theater.

Here is the link to the story: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14393

Why can George listen to the fans for once?
    Oh well, back to lurking.

Lisa

9. Vaderman247

Nov 4, 2002
    Now, by original versions, did they mean the unedited, unmodified original trilogy, or no DVDs at all? THERE WILL BE DVDs of the Original 3 movies, however, they will be super tweaked and scenes added with new effects and all that.

Lucas isn't stupid. He didn't make a bazillion dollars by going against market trends. There just won't be original, unmodified versions of the OT on the DVD, that's all.

Man, guys, you gotta stop jumping on every dang rumor they throw at us! And just because someone on some website heard from a dude who cleans Lucas' dogs' cage that there were not going to be OT DVDs we are going to jump all over it?

10. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Marselles,

Chill Out Man ! I was relaying what was seen on Access Hollywood, whether it was tentative for this year or when EP 3 comes out remains to be seen . . .

If you read the topic of this thread it says "DVD Rumors" and that is what they are at this time, and I think that people are just trying to see if any of the rumors hold up, I don't think people are in line at the local video stores reserving their copies right now.

Originally when I was working at Suncoast and I read about SW DVD's, it was said that we will have to wait til 2005 or 2006, but there has been some "DVD Rumors" reported that we may have em sooner. Hence that is why this thread was made to see if these rumors hold up any truth to them.

Plain and simple . . .

-John

11. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    i agree with you john, the rumors are just rumors. the original trilogy won't be put on dvd until lucas puts all 6 episodes together in 2006. that will be the ultimate gift package.

12. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    What I got from the article was that the only versions of the original trilogy that Lucas intends to release are the Special Editions, not the true originals.

Sorry, I didn't make that clearer.

Lisa

13. Vaderman247

Nov 4, 2002
    Okay, sorry, got agitated for a second there. That's what happens when you deny this brutha his OT DVD dreams. I figured Lucas wouldn't let em loose until probably 2006, but it's okay. I waited this long, I can wait longer.

14. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    OriginalTrilogy.com - Dedicated to the preservation of classic sci-fi

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

People are signing it in droves, if you wish to do the same, head on over to the address above . . .

Laterz

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.