DVD-RW help

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Fohrs, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fohrs Jedi Padawan

hey,

So i just finished recording a movie and finalized it. But when i put it in my computer and its not even detecting it. I tryed to put it in both drives but no i cant get my computer to reconise that i put it in.

Plz help.
    Thank You
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    You just finished shooting and are trying to upload the video from the videocamera? What are you trying to upload it to? Are you sure your cord is connecting and reading properly?
  3. Fohrs Jedi Padawan

i have a finished cd. I just want to get it into my computer. No usb.
  4. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Okay. What'd you save the file as before you burned it to the CD?
  5. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    It's possible that the information is not saved on the CD in the first place. I have no idea how to help you out.
  6. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    How old is your computer? I know my parents' computer can't read the DVD that I've burned on their recordable DVD-player for example, and I've just assumed that's because their computer is starting to get old.
  7. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    That's possibly because a recordable DVD-player needs to "finalise" a disc before it can be read on other machines.

As for the OP, we still don't have enough information. Are we talking about a CD or a DVD? What files are on it? What programs did you use? What format is the video in?
  8. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I had finalised it and it worked fine on my computer and old DVD-player.
  9. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Going by the topic it's rewritable DVD, right?

Some computers (and DVD players) can't read rewritable disks, for whatever reasons.
    It's common, I believe. My old computer couldn't read RW's and it wasn't even that old.

I'd suggest to burn the movie on a CD instead, or a regular DVD and try to copy it onto your hard drive again. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.