main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey DVD updates(spoilers)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I saw this posted in the Boston forums so I thought I'd share. Some of the "updates" made to the DVD's set to be released in September.

Episode IV: A New Hope

-Lightsabers fixed for Vader versus Ben Kenobi Death Star duel.
    -Tractor beam control now in Aurabesh.
    -Han and Greedo scene slightly changed(Greedo still shoots first but Han's reaction is modified).
    -Jabba the Hutt redone from Special Edition Jabba.
    -Boba Fett still mugs camera.
    -Han still steps on tail "You're a wonderful human being" still there.(The scene is an improvement over the SE - however, still not great.)

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

-Emperor replaced with Ian McDiarmid(Dialogue in this scene has been slightly modified, indicating either that the Emperor knows it was Luke who nuked the Death Star, or that he is Vader's son. Maybe both. Otherwise, dialogue remains in tact. Emperor's theme from Jedi also added into the scene).

-Fett's voice re-dubbed with Temura Morrison.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

-Hayden Christensen has replaced Sebastian Shaw only in the Force Ghost shot.

-Line about Leia remembering her mother while talking to Luke on the Ewok village veranda has either been omitted or modified.

-Naboo has been added to the final planetary celebration montage at the end of the movie. It is a shot very similar to the helicopter shot of Theed in TPM when AATs are moving up the street towards the palace.

Thank the Good Lord for the VHS tapes huh?

2. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I've seen screen caps of the DVD.........the image quality is outstanding. Its like watching a totally different movie.

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Ewww why did they replace Sebastian Shaw with Hayden. The dark side takes a lot out of a person, and besides, that's what he looked like when he died. Why doesn't Obi-Wan get to magically look like Ewan? Once again GL screws up in my opinion.

4. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I
    Hate
    S.E.

~DG~

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Just another reason NOT to buy these.

6. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    that garbage is not coming into my home.

7. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Its like watching a totally different movie

Truer than you may have intended...

8. MatthewZ

Sep 21, 2003
    I don't have any beef with any of the changes of I've heard of so far.

The young Anakin ghost at the end of ROTJ may be explained in RoTS.

9. spazzer

spazzer Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    ok, I know some ppl are gonna be kinda upset about haden being in the force ghost scene at the end of ROTJ, playing devils advocite (spel?) I have a thought as to why that could be. Vader, if memory serves correct, was basicly stuck in his suit, as luke said at the end of ROTJ, "If I take your mask off, you'll die." To me, that means that if removed from any part of his suit, he'd be a dead man, kinda like a mobile life support system.

So the way I see it, When Anikin suffers the injuries that make him into Vader, he dies, and the newly formed Empire in essence brings him back to life, albet dependent on the suit. So if you think about it in those term, having Haden in the force ghost scene makes sense. Thoughts ideas comments?

10. MatthewZ

Sep 21, 2003
    ^^

I think its something along those lines.

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    The rumor so far (may even have come from the George's mouth) is that once you go Dark, it doesn't effect your Blue Glowie. *shrug*
    Since that was the way he looked when he was last "Good" that's the way he appears after redmeption.
    Sounds reasonable but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

12. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I just don't understand why he wouldn't release the original OT in addition to this one. I mean he's a money-hungry jerkhead anyway so you'd think he'd wanna maximize his grubbiness by pushing two sets. I dunno...maybe it's just me.

13. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I see your point Spaz, and that make sense. I think we're just pissed that he is changing what we have grown to know and love.

~DG~

14. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Like Dex said, it sounds good but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

15. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Regardless I WANT the real movies not some regenrated garbage from someone's deluded mind just to connect his new movies to the Classics. GL is a Prick for NOT releasing the ORIGINAL and if anyone tries to bring that filth in my house you will be greeted by me with a BAT!!!!!!

16. spazzer

spazzer Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    you got a bat? Thats fine, I got a net to catch it in..... I hate those flying rodents

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm sorry, but I can't even fathom enjoying these versions. It's meant to be seen the way the majority of us saw them.

18. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    VHS people. It's all about VHS.

Bring my shuttle.

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Old rickety VHS owns. We've got two copies, in case one craps out, we've got another!

20. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm bidding to get my non-SE OT on ebay right now. My non-SE tapes went kaputz a while ago, and I need to enjoy the movies I knew as a kid.

21. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Herb don't you mean

"you enjoy the kids you knew in the movie"

i grew up with the classic and GL can go kill himself for making the SE crap

Me and Rj are gonna ride out to Skywalker Ranch and put the bats to him

22. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I figured you would leave a horses head in his bed or something like that Ant instead of bats. More intimidating, ya know. :p

23. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Ant sshhhh. quiet your gonna ruin the suprise. Besides thought we were gonna put him in carbonite.

"I like my favorite decoration" Right in my living room LOL LMAO

24. spazzer

spazzer Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    RJ, Whats sad, is after seeing your house, I could see you displaying that in your living room, right next to my TV.

25. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    None of the DVD stuff is confirmed.

And it wouldn't bother me too much if it was all true.

The thing that would bother me a lot is Hayden replacing Sebastian, which I doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.