DVD updates(spoilers)

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    already seen the video of it, and it sucks much arse
  2. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    And then you had to show me, too.

Meh...definitely not thrilled about it, but I suppose it could've sucked even worse. They could've totally replaced Shaw.

Anyway, I think I'll be looking for that laserdisc rip I once saw floating around the cons on DVD since it doesn't look like I'll get the original original version officially anywhere...ever.
  3. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah if you guys are worried about your VHS degrading, look around at cons. Someone is bound to be selling the nonSE OT on DVD. Just be sure and check the quality before buying if you can.

(Note: I do not condone/endorse buying illegal/bootleg copies of any movies if the original material is available for purchase.)
  4. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't think I watch my VHS's enough to destroy them. I guess that's a good thing.
  5. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I have the originals on DVD, and while sometimes it's like a bad kung fu movie, I take it with a grain of salt. I like my rickety VHS.
  6. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    quote from Lucas:

Lucas Against Colorizing Classics
    Tue, Aug 10, 04 08:35:57 PM EDT

In an interview with the AP, George took the time to show his opposition to colorizing black-and-white movies for rerelease. The debate sprung from two Three Stooges DVDs heading for market with colorized versions available on the disks. Says Lucas:
    "Would color distract from their comedy and make it not as funny anymore?" Lucas said. "Maybe just the fact that they're in black and white makes it funny, because their humor is dated. But by putting it in black and white, it puts it in a context where you can appreciate it for what it was."
    You can find the whole article here.

Sounds like the BIGGEST Hypocrite EVER!!!!! PLEASE take my ADVICE and DON'T buy that FILTH he's putting out. Or rather DESTROYING the BEST movies EVER.
  7. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    If any of you think to bring this into my home, you're all going to get kicked out ;)
  8. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Pot calling kettle...come in kettle!
  9. Gwasshoppah Jedi Knight

star 1
    PLEASE take my ADVICE and DON'T buy that FILTH he's putting out.

You certainly don't have to tell me twice.
  10. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    You are all insane. Thank you. [face_love]
  11. Gwasshoppah Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh junior...it's not your fault you're so young.
  12. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    I just got my non-SE version of the OT today in the mail. Thank you ebay. Now I can watch the version I did before GL decided to give us, "Alert my Star Destroyer of my arrival."

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]
  13. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll watch all 3 versions and enjoy them all. [face_love]
  14. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    because you're young and didn't see it the way the older folk did.
  15. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    Growing up I saw the originals then years later I saw the SE. So nyah.

And here's the final changes:

Episode IV: A New Hope

Lots of matte lines removed. The space under Luke's speeder looks much more realistic.

R2D2's blue parts are much cleaner and more consistent.

The 1997 animation added to the entrance to Mos Eisley is much smoother.

Greedo and Han shoot at the same time, and Han's dodge is far more realistic.

Jabba has been retexturized and looks considerably better. Han still walks on his tail, but it's much smoother.

The lettering on various Death Star panels are written in Aurebesh rather than English.

The matte-painted hall in Leia's detention block looks much more realistic.

Lightsabers look much better. Colors are far brighter and the blades are more defined.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

The battle of Hoth is enhanced with a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers

Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor instead of that near-fossil they had.

The conversations between Vader and Palpatine has a few new lines. Palpatine knows that Luke is Vader's son.

Light sabers are again fixed, making them more consistent.

Temuera Morrison does the voice of Boba Fett

Luke's inane scream when he jumps to escape Vader on Cloud City is gone. And there was much rejoicing.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Like the other two, the light sabers are fixed.

The Rancor looks considerably better, with its matte lines removed.

When Vader's helmet is removed, his eyebrows are gone and his eyes are recolored to match Hayden's.

Celebrations on Naboo, Coruscant and one other planet, where a statue is toppled right before we see the celebration with the ewoks.

Perhaps this was in the 1997 special editions, but in the various background shots of the new Death Star, its appearance changes and you can see progress as the station takes shape.

Hayden Christensen replaces Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost. Lucas explains this in the commentary, which is spoilerish for Episode III.

Lovely pic:
    [image=http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/A_NEW_HOPE-7t_1094691162.jpg]
  16. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    The ground battle and Palpantine knowing are the worst.

THAT SETTLES IT: I AM GOING TO PAINT A MOUSTACHE ON THE MONA LISA RIGHT NOW!!!!

bastards-

~DG~

17. XenoSphere Jedi Master

star 4
    Ground battle isn't what you think. I've heard it's nothing.

And:

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/4-04A-2004.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwars/6-01-2004.jpg]

I've got more screencaps if anyone wants to see more... [face_love]
  18. Billy_Shears Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why......why...... :(

That no talent Keanu Reeves wannabe has no place on the OT, much less filling in for Sebastian Shaw.

And if Palpatine knows that Vader is Luke's father when he's conversing with him, how the hell is that going to be the insane plot twist it was in ESB, and how are people going to doubt it and want ROTJ to make sure he is? Answer: They won't.

Oh it makes me mad.......maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.......NO, the war wound!

//montypython
  19. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    instead of that near-fossil they had
    Hey that near-fossil was an old woman with FX'd monkey eyes, you be nice to her! lol

As for the Keanu/Hayden thing, if you see him in anything else, he really can act.
  20. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    I keep telling you people DO NOT buy that DISGUSTING FLITH GARBADGE. And a couple more words I won't say. LOL By NOT buying it is the ONLY way to show King TUT in Skywalker ranch that I WANT the ORIGINALS or ELSE!!!
  21. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    I've come to the conclusion that no matter what, people are going to buy this like it's no one business. I think the guy on IGN who wrote about GL not caring about what we think settles it. They're his movies, he being the creator, we the customer. In the end, the creator doesn't give a **** what the customer thinks, since he is the one who created it.

And I'm letting my parents spend their money on it for me, since it's my b-day present. I spent my money on the non-SE OT back in August.
  22. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Here here, Herb. I agree, and bought mine too.

~DG~
  23. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    The thing I'm most interested about the DVDs in is the commentaries, especially how GL is gonna explain putting Hayden into the end of ROTJ.

Good to see that someone agree with me for once. ;) Thanks Gary.
  24. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Herb, I agree with you too. I wanna see the extras they have in the fourth disc, but I do NOT want that filth in my house either. All of my family & friends probably will assume that I own it, so for my birthday and Christmas, they will not buy it. I'll tell you that I will NOT be buying this on 9/21. I should boycott.
  25. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Anybody else seeing all the commercial spots on TV? Booooo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.