Wash, DC DVD Viewing Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by fakename99, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am pleased to say that I got the ok today to use the space with the media wall for the viewing party. We have the room for all day on Nov. 16. About what time did everyone want to have the party? Also what Food and drinks? Maybe we can have a meeting before hand? I know we have time to discuss all of this at the upcoming meetings. Just wanted to get everyone thinking about it.

Ric
  2. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    That's great! I'm glad you could get the space and thanks for arranging it! It should be a lot of fun.
  3. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Superb !

I'll really look forward to that ! I'm interested to see what deleted scenes will be on the DVD release !

malkie
  4. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Excellent! I can hardly wait. I'll even make a snack or two from my Star Wars cookbooks - I recommend the Wookiee Cookies, and not just because of the rhyming.
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't wait for Nov 16th. Which one of us is going to be the one that brings the movie? I'm possitive that everyone in the FanForce will have it by Saturday. I'd like to vote that it be the widescreen version.
  6. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I vote for widescreen and on DVD. I know that not everyone owns a dvd player, but I am sure that a lot of us do own one.
  7. Plurimus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm also for wide screen viewing.
  8. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Widescreen DVD is a must! It's the only way to go, IMO.

Wookiee cookies! Hahaha! I'll have to get the SW Partybook I saw at the bookstore the other day... Clonetrooper cupcakes and Death Star pinatas. Too cute!
  9. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw that book too. but I couldn't get it :(
  10. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    When we have the viewing party, everyone needs to see my cube. Most people around here call it the Star Wars cube. Seeing it live will be better than if I bring in pictures of it. Anyways, I am always updating it and changing it around. When I need to tell someone where I sit, I tell them to look for Star Wars. They can't miss it.
  11. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Star Wars party book?!?! Great. It's going on the list. I mean, I have the cookbooks, my collection will not be complete.

This is going to be one heck of a viewing party....
  12. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sorry I missed this part...
    Where is this going to be exactly?
  13. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool, wheres it going to be and what time, and what do you want me to bring? ill make early plans so i don't have nothing else to do.
  14. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, it's going to be on the 16th of Nov. Time has not been decided yet. Ric can explain better than me exactlly where it is.

It has been discussed having our meeting at the same time as the viewing.
  15. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok. I am the Facilities Supervisor for a large company located in one of the Watergate buildings. We have a large break room that has a media wall in it. The media wall is nine TV screens put together to form one large screen. It also has surround sound for the media wall. I was able to get the room for Saturday, November 16 for a viewing party. The room also has a pool table, popcorn machine and a soda fountain that we can use. However, I still want to bring some food and drinks. There is parking at the Kennedy center that you have to pay for and Foggy Bottom metro is within walking distance. Sound ok?

Ric
  16. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Sweet, we are taking over the watergate building. hehehehehe Next the Capital!!!
  17. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What would you all say to inviting the Maryland Force to the Party??

What do you guys think?
  18. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Being that my work place is letting me use this room. I have to ask that we not go much bigger than the Galactic Senate. I want to keep my boss happy so we can use the room in the future if we want too. Sorry.
  19. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    that's why I brought it up here first.
  20. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Keeping the boss happy is probably a good idea. ;)
  21. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree, keepiong the boss happy is number one in most books.
  22. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ric, will you be bring directions to the meeting on the 6th?
  23. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Will do. I will also give everyone my cell phone number. In return, I will need a list of everyone that is coming to leave at the guard?s desk. Our building is locked down, so I need to make sure I have everyone's name before the weekend of the party.
  24. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Ric,I am comming to the DVD party.Is there anything we need to bring?I will be happy to help clean afterward. We don't want the boss unhappy. I will need directions also.
  25. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    We can talk at the meeting about what people can bring to the party. Thank you about the cleaning. It should be a quick clean-up. I will type-up directions and will e-mail them to anyone who can not make it to the meetings. I don't want to post it on boards. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.