DVD

Discussion in 'Macon, GA' started by sabrann, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrann Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just got my DVD this morning at the local Wallyworld.....I cann't WAIT to sit down and watch it. I did not run into anyone, of course it was 7am too.

I have talked to a couple of folks that I play pool with and also have suggested the board. Maybe word will get around and our little group will expand :)

Sabrann
  2. whipwarrior Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why on earth did you wait until 7:00 a.m.? Hell, I was down there thirty minutes to midnight! Lot of great stuff on Disc 2, but I haven't watched the film yet. I'm going to do that today, with the sound running from our Sony TV through my Bose Wave radio. Should be an aural high. So... when are we going to do this thing? I won about $25 last night with Double Nassau at the bowling alley- and I didn't even enter! Somebody entered our team and didn't tell us, then after we started kicking ass, he walks up and starts passing out cash! Long story short, I'd be more than happy to buy soda and chips for our third meetup. Just give me the date and time, and I'll be there!

-Dale
  3. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hey! Hey!

Let's keep it clean please.
  4. litllejedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Geez! I've waded through about three hours of stuff. I am almost a zombie at the moment,... must.. not.. see ....Macallum again. I have started the hunt for background objects, and have not found anything yet. I did see that, alas, I was wrong about Windu severing Jangos' hand. It is actually just Jangos gun that gets it G.O. style! I also love the outtake shots at the end of the second documentary, I hope to find more. So I am off to see what I can dig up on the web.
  5. whipwarrior Jedi Knight

star 1
    I swear that I saw Jango lose his gun hand at the IMAX after you pointed it out on the way up. Check out the nightclub scene, where, if I'm not mistaken, Zam Wessel loses her forearm when Obi Wan slashes at her with his lightsaber.

I'm still not finished with everything, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ILM effects reel with the cool music. Additionally, the test footage of a CG Yoda mirroring his ESB dialogue sent chills down my spine! I so want to see Episode III right now!!!

-Dale

P.S.- The new Insider ships Friday, folks!
  6. whipwarrior Jedi Knight

star 1
    WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

The commentary track was great! What I found interesting (and something I wouldn't ever have noticed, had Lucas not mentioned it) was the way that he had ILM add malfunction sparks to Jango Fett's rocket pack after the Reek tumbles over him in the arena. It also made me aware of a major continuity error that I hadn't previously noted: How could Jango Fett have his rocket pack when it was destroyed on Kamino during the fight with Obi Wan? The only thing I can figure is that maybe he keeps a spare aboard Slave I.

I also freeze-framed through Jango's confrontation with Mace Windu and it turns out that you were right: he only cuts the gun away- not Jango's hand. You can see this clearly when he falls over after being decapitated- he still has both hands. Thanks to the DVD, I was finally able to catch what I'd missed during my six theatrical viewings: the shadow of Jango Fett's head flying out of the helmet.

Finally, Lucas answered one of my long-standing questions: whether or not the Stormtroopers in the classic trilogy are, in fact, clones. According to Lucas, they are. He points out the way Jango Fett bangs his helmet on the edge of the door as he enters Slave I, then cites the direct line to the unfortunate Stormtrooper that hit his head against the door aboard the Death Star in A New Hope. So I guess the matter is finally settled then.

I was also intrigued to discover that, in one of the twelve web documentaries (the one where they are on location in Tunisia), the cameraman asks Lucas why he is shooting a scene for Episode III. Lucas evasively mumbles that we will have to wait five years to find out. Just before that, the camera shows a person operating a clapper, and in the hazy background, you can see Hayden Christensen dressed as Anakin, with a brown cloth wrapped around his right forearm. I'm eager to see how far gone to the Dark Side he is when Episode III begins. I'm also feverishly hoping to see my vision of Darth Vader fighting with a lightsaber as quickly as Obi Wan did in the Geonossian arena, flashing from side to side. I can hardly imagine the duel that he is going to have with Obi Wan, except for the virtual certainty that it's going to be bad (and by that I mean quick, relentless, and lethal). I also predict that Obi Wan isn't going to be as quick as he used to be, since Count Dooku sliced his arm and leg. This would account for Alec Guinness' limp in Episode IV. Regardless, it's going to be a long wait, but well worth it.

-Dale
  7. sabrann Jedi Knight

star 1
    I sat down and unplugged the phone and watched all that I could last night.
    It was awsome, the graphics where so clear and the sound was so good my windows shook at the beginning when the ship arives with Padme to Coruscont.

I too noticed that Jango did not get his hand cut off but I thought that the scene with Boba holding his helmet was forshadowing a little ( ya know what I mean )

The deleted scenes where exactly the way I thought they would be and the documentaries where outstanding. I am probley going to rewatch all week and see what else I can find.

I noticed one egg with the MF but I didn't see the other's ...... yet.

Happy Hunting :)

sabrann
  8. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Call it a dirty mind but it took me a few minutes to realize what the MF stood for.

Millenium Falcon.
  9. litllejedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Dont tease Sabrann, share the egg. Please :D!!

I spent the morning examining the asteroid field looking for the tick creature. A fruitless effort thus far. I have been getting some really good visuals on Zam's costume though.

You are right whipwarrior Zam's entire forearm is clearly visible spinning through the air. The blaster is still firmly gripped by the severed hand. I do not remember that being visible at the theaters.

I have read reports that the outtakes trick is the same as it was with EP1. I have not tried it yet. The XBOX will not let you input numbers in DVD mode. So I will have to dust off the old player to verify that one. I also read that the campus campaign is tucked away in Dexters diner.
  10. Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    The thing I'm most excited about is I got it for $9.99. Woo Hoo!!!
  11. Smiling-Otter Jedi Knight

star 3
    In Chapter 7, time index 2:38 you should be able to see the X-Wing/TIE Fighter chase through Coruscant.
  12. whipwarrior Jedi Knight

star 1
    >>Call it a dirty mind but it took me a few minutes to realize what the MF stood for.<<

And you told me to keep it clean!

LOL

-Dale
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.