main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD's/Special Editions

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by random_hero9, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random_hero9

random_hero9 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    Some of you guys are retards. If GL had the technoligy he had back in the late 70's/early 80's, the Special Editions your whining about would be the originals. Your complaining is promoting the fact that the original trilogy were'nt the films GL wanted. WT(H)?

EDIT- Follow the thread linked below. Use WTH in the future and do not flame/insult other users

2. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Exactly. That's what people forget.

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    If GL had the technoligy he had back in the late 70's/early 80's, the Special Editions your whining about would be the originals.

He did have the technology. It was called, and still is, a video camera. He could've easily shot the Han/Greedo scene "the way it was suppose to be" back in the 70's. Same goes for putting in a young Anakin. The only problem with the young Anakin is that no one would have a clue who he was. So again, that scene is just a way to connect the OT with the PT. Every other shot, you're probably right about. But most people only have major problems with the two shots I've mentioned.

As for the Anakin scene, there's nothing like a 24 year cliffhanger :p

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  5. Theory55

Theory55 Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 3, 2004
    Hey, I'm not retarded!

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I agree with you but this will be locked.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Some of you guys are retards. If GL had the technoligy he had back in the late 70's/early 80's, the Special Editions your whining about would be the originals. Your complaining is promoting the fact that the original trilogy were'nt the films GL wanted.

People change. The films we got back in the '70s and '80s were Lucas' vision. But as time went on, his vision changed - and so did his films.

And I'm not a retard, thank you very much...

8. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    With random hero trumpeting the SEs, they're sure to be accepted! He really opened my eyes to my biases. He should go on lecturing tours across the country spreading the word about the SEs. Hurry, before it's too late!

L8r

9. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    **Sighs**

If only I could lock this right now. Ah well, and just as a friendly FYI "WT_" is not permitted on the boards. :)

Thanks Quest. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.