main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD DVDs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just picked up South Park season eleven. I figure I'll slowly work backwards with this show. It's been at its peak for several years now, but those first few seasons have aged pretty badly. Who could have predicted something so faddish would adapt so well?

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The. Dark. Knight.

That is all.

3. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I bought some comic book movie on disc today. It has a clown it in. Seems fun.

4. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I think Batman's in it too, for like five minutes or something. Mainly just that other guy, though.

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Latest DVD acquisitions:

More anime.

Full Metal Panic! 7 disc set,
    Metropolis.

I started watching FMP back in highschool and had to stop right at a cliffhanger - and then we had to give back the DVDs. We had borrowed them from a friend. Finally I shall be able to see the end of the damn thing. Also, you know, giant robots. It's always giant robots. [face_worried]

Metropolis (no, not the Fritz Lang B+W movie), I've had the soundtrack now for many years (and it is a soundtrack I enjoy). I saw the movie once for around $15 once and didn't get it - since I have regretted not doing so as it remained reliably at the $30 mark for the next decade. JB had it for just under $20 though, so I grabbed it also.

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Bought Kung Fu panda..for obvious reasons, and enjoyed it even more the second time. Kids movie I don't think I'll tire of rewatching.

Acquired Clone Wars on DVD and realised, on this my third viewing, that I can't watch this one often.

Will buy Dark Night after xmas probably in case family gets it for me, although they're usually smarter than buying me DVD's.

Also considering Prince Caspian and the Indiana Jones movies that aren't in my collection, but will wait for Christmas fundage... that's a bit superficial isn't it..already spending the Christmas cash I get each year. Anyway!

Edit..oh and Wall E comes out January 14.

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I saw Bender's Game in JB this evening - I hadn't realised that it was out so soon. [face_thinking]

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Bought

Rome - Season 1 - Really good although lots of gratutious sex and violence but that was ancient Rome for the most part anyway.

Mysterious cities of Gold - that's Tim's buy and having seen bits on Youtube can't quite seem to be able to watch it - yet.

Really want to get: Sweeny Tod, KungFu Panda, Tropic Thunder and the complete season of Dr Who (ABC has it in stock as of yesterday) and Hornblower the complete collection (also at the ABC in a neat little box).

Kithera

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Gratuitous sex and violence? I'm sold.

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I would like to point out that not all the sex and violence in Rome is gratuitous ::p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, the Repo! A Genetic Opera DVD is up for preorder on Amazon. I'm considering getting it, but then I was wondering if we'll get a local release. Probably not any time soon, I guess. [face_thinking]

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm almost excited about this too. Get me a copy if you're ordering Morgs!, and group viewing when they arrive! 2 tv's at once perhaps?

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    This is a community service announcement. JB Hi-Fi currently has 20% off ALL DVDs. CDs as well. Everything is 20% off tagged price until this Sunday. You know what to do.

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hotcha. I guess I'll be stopping off there yet again, prior to the first Guinness Wednesday for the year. Something tells me that they probably won't have any more copies of Doctor Who: Series 4 than they did yesterday though.

15. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I think I shall have to make my movie acquisitions at JB this week instead of going to Southbank...

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Just did my share :)

Although only got Ratatouille, LA story and Temple of Doom.

Lots more I wanted. Might yet go back and get Sex and the City seasons for about $16 each. I know.I'm sorry.

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I ended up stocking up on Classic Who this arvo - Pretty much bought all the Tom Baker serials that they had (and I didn't already own), and scarily, 5 dvds worth of Colin Baker - although 4 of those are at least the Trial of a Time Lord box.

The list:

-- Trial of a Time Lord box;
    -- The Two Doctors;
    -- The Sontaran Experiment (FINALLY!);
    -- The Invasion of Time;
    -- The Arc in Space.

I figured I'd grab the other sontaran stories in that are in that box - I already had the time warrior, and with the discount and the $20 gift card I had, it ended up cheaper than the box set anyway (which is retailling at $80ish at the moment for some reason).

I decided I'd order Season 4 online, so that's on the way now also.

There was a rather creepy lad "inspecting" the Trial box a little too thoroughly for my liking when I was in the store today actually - had his nose pressed against the box as if the exceptionally close proximity he was exhibiting would reveal dark secrets not allowed to less dedicated denizens... I picked up my copy from a different pile... [face_worried]

18. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I picked up Rome Seasons 1 and 2 today. I was looking for Heroes Season 2, but JB conveniently decided to be out of stock when I was buying, so that'll have to wait.

19. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Feeling the need to acquire DVD's..no real readon..you know that feeling, when you keep seeing movie titles and thinking..OH I'd love to watch that.

Wrote that I bought Ratatouille only recently, and becoming my favourite movie for the munchkin to pick to watch. Not sure why I din't love it at first. Do now. And I love the animation even more than Wall E or Panda.

Also forgot about the cute alien abduction short, Lifted. Funny

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    New Acquisitions!

The Wire - The Complete Series. This series is so good, it will ruin you for other police procedurals.

The Running Man. I've got a lot of fond memories of this violent Schwarzenegger film. Looking forward to seeing if it holds up. i reckon the worst it could sink to is Commando level, and that's still cheesey 80s-tastic fun.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    As much as I love Wall-E, I would rate Rattatouile above it. It's beautiful to look at, and there's a wonderful depth and subtlety to its storyline and characters. Brad Bird's just too talented to be allowed, seriously.

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    New movies for 8 bucks and under today..I do find so many of my favourites in these piles...

Batteries Not Included. Can't wait to rewatch this and see if I still feel the same magic...and wondering if the kid will like it too.

The Money Pit. Bought as I loved and still love tom hanks, and a few scenes in this movie made me laugh til I cried when I was 15 or so. Hope it still has the same effect!

IQ. Becasue I saw it again on Fox recently and LOVE IT. Meg Ryan when we all loved her :)

Tank Girl. Even though it just felt a little less cool when I last saw it, I can't be the scifi fan I think I am without recognising one of the first odd sci-fiey movies I saw. And cool costumes. Was also 4 dollars and..well can't go past that!

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Batteries Not Included? Oh lordy. That takes me back. How does it hold up?

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Well the general concept of it held up well. Dated like Ghostbusters is dated by clothes and 80's hair. It was a bit more violent thatn I remembered so Finn was a bit..not freaked but maybe a bit young for some bits. He loved the robot aliens though of course and the feelgood nature of a group of people helping each other and being all the better for it was still felt with little goosbumps and grins. Worth a re-watch for those that remember loving it a long time ago. Happy to lend it out.

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I don't know if it is an abc shop thing or if it was just carindale, but Carindale ABC shop had a whole bunch of Doctor Who for $20 today.

I ended up with Inferno (Brigadier. Eyepatch.), Horror of Fang Rock, and Image of the Fendahl. Watched Horror of Fang Rock this evening whilst hemming and got the impression that, although I enjoyed it, it probably could have been told in 1 - 2 episodes (instead of 4).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.