main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD DVDs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
  2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    There it is - there is my motivation for making sure I aquire a job asap. [face_hypnotized]

3. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    There are also birthdays, Duchess.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

4. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Yes, but I am impatient. :p

And like Veruca Salt - I want it now! [face_not_talking] ;)

5. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    It's talk like that that'll get you turned into a giant blueberry...

6. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Hmmmmmm, tasty [face_mischief] :p

7. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    a great band back in the day...

8. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Or it will have me falling down a garbage shaft to the incinerators. Neither option bodes well in any case. Guess I'll just have to be patient... [face_thinking]

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Ah yes, it's the incinerators. Always get those mixed up.

They were a good band, though their cover of "My Sharona" left a lot to be desired.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    That's being completely ripped off by a poor quality xerox today.

11. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    'Arrested Development - Season 2' has finally come down in price at JB, so I picked that up today, along with "Cowboy Bebop Remix - Volume 5'. One more to go on that and then I can finally think about collecting another anime series. :p

Also, if you haven't gotten copies of the theatrical cuts of the Lord of the Rings films and are after them, I noticed they're selling them cheap with slipcase covers now.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I went shopping and I bought...

Monsters Inc, Atlantis/ treasure planet combo, A bugs life, Tomb Raider, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels..

Ah can't wait to watch Scoundrels..hope it tickles me as much as it used to.

Fun day shopping.

13. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    New addition... Ah My Goddess! (TV) Volume 1. Heh, I'm just tickled pink :D

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Good choice. Frakkin' bizarre anime though. On the flipside, I've seen some greater mind-frak's since I first watched AMG.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    *sigh* pre ordered :(

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm surprised a bunch of you haven't jumped onto this thread extolling the virtues of the latest Colonial minded release.

It was pay-day, so naturally I bought stuff.

I got a package last Friday containing the following:

'The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.'
    'Jack of All Trades'
    The Princess Bride - Dread Pirate Edition

And today I picked up:

V for Vendetta - Collector's Edition
    Conan the Barbarian

'Brisco' & 'Jack' are all about Bruce Campbell and how awesome he is. If you don't know who Bruce Campbell is, then shame on you. Go hire out a film called Army of Darkness and get converted.

These are two series he did back in 1993 and 2000. 'Brisco' is a sci-fi Western; well before that other one we all know and love. 'Jack' is about an American spy in a Napoleonic Era French Caribbean Colony made by the creators of 'Hercules' and 'Xena'. That tells you the tone right there.

The latest edition of The Princess Bride is nice, especially considering this is the first copy of the movie I've ever owned! And it shows in the new material that Cary Elwes is still great. Why he didn't hit the big time I will never know.

V for Vendetta whilst different to the comic is an important film. Everyone should watch it.

Conan probably isn't an important film, but it is possibly the best the Fantasy Genre ever gave us, and for that we should be thankful.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I've made a few purchases lately....almost finished my star trek collection, 3 boxes to go :D Will get BSG season 2 today and possibly stargate season 9

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I saw the shiny collector's addition of 'V for Vendetta' down at JB when I went searching for Superman 1/2 at kedron - It will probably be one of the ones I get after pay-day.

If nothing else, I adored V's aliterated introduction spiel.

I should probably replace my old VHS copy of Princess Bride as well... [face_thinking]

Then of course the Flash series is out now... Though whether I purchase that one remains to be seen [face_thinking]

19. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Grabbed BSG season 2 yesterday. Damn good. Will be getting V4V next week when my funds are a little more robust.

20. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Yeah i probably should slow down on the spending side of things....I debated with myself wether i should wait to get the other trek boxes until after i gte a car.....but thought meh, I am just prolonging the inevitible!!!!

21. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    "The Flash" is one of those things that I'm not sure will be as good as my own sense of nostalgia tells me it will be. But since I'm the DC Universe's Bitch, I'll probably pick it up regardless.

I also saw that a new edition of A Knight's Tale is out. Apparently it's an extended edition; anyone got any info on it?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

22. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Today I picked up Who Framed Roger Rabbit special ed for $9.95 (When it first came out it was more than $30! So I was ecstatic!). Also Merlin (with Sam Neill, it was a two parter on tv ages ago), and the 40th Anniversary edition of the Sound of Music. I was incredibly tempted to also pick up Dinotopia, the movie and also the Three Musketeers. But I figured I'll see about them another day.

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I got bsg2 today :D

Extended Pegasus [face_dancing]

24. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Ooh! I'd forgotten all about that. Have you watched it yet? I'm only just up to the 2nd disc.

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Over the past month and a bit I have purchase seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 of the x-files.

I am currently hoping someone will have a copy of season 5 to loan me, as I have run out of cash and JB seems to have run out of copies.

I may pick up seasons 7, 8 or 9 at some stage, but since I didn't really bother watching them when they were on (well, 8 and 9 at least) it's not looking likely. But then, they are only $26 a set...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.