main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD DVDs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I know my local JB (Capalaba) has all 9 seasons of X-Files in stock. perhaps you can request a store transfer from Capalaba to your local store?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I recommend you all check out Big W this week. They're having a monster sale, and I mean monster! So many dvd's only $8.95 and a whole bunch only $12.95 I found a whole heap of movies I've been wanting, so tomorrow I'ma goin to the city and raiding big W! The best thing: Season 4 of Alias - $39.95 *dies* hehehe I feel like I'm on a dvd bender atm :p

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    When does it end LC?

4. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
  5. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Thursday Aug 17th - Saturday Sept 2 (with the usual, unless sold out clause). If you can get the brochure, I recommend not throwing it out before you have a thorough look! There's some amazing prices in here!

Some dvd's of note:
    $8.83:
    The Princess Bride (Want me to pick you up one tomorrow Mischa?)
    Gone in 60 seconds
    Emma
    All the old Herbie movies
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Damn I payed $9.95)
    $12.87
    Seven
    Shaun of the dead
    All the special ed Star Trek movies
    Pitch Black special ed
    Phantom (I've not been able to find this under $30, so this is the first one I'm picking up!)
    Batman Begins special
    Last Samurai
    All the speical ed Batman movies
    Gladiator
    A whole heap of Anime
    Corpse Bride

There's also a truck load of awesome movies for $15.92, but I bet if youw aited a few months they would all be down to $13 as well. There's too many for me to list, so have a look at the brochure! They're all separated into genre, so sci-fi, comedy, thriller, drama etc.

Box Sets:
    Alias Season 1-4 $39.84
    Battlestar Galactica 1-$39.84, 2-$64.84
    The Flash - $31.22 (that's for you Mischa :p)

Anywho you get the point guys, if you want dvd bargains, get yourself to Big W starting tomorrow!

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    OMGosh - yes please for the princess bride m'dear :D [face_love]

7. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I shall drag my carcass there at the first opportunity.

Sammich, can you do better than $31.22 for the Flash?

Any word if Doctor Who season 1 has seen a price reduction?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    EzyD's has it for 34, but i'm not sure how much would come off it if I used my staff discount.

As for Doctor Who, it just came out in a normal sized box for 95 with the old tardis box for 139.

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Aha - rescued the Big W catalogue before it was unceramoniously tossed into the garbage...

Looks like there's quite a few DVDs I'll have to aquire... [face_thinking] Goodbye first wage... And after I'd choreographed an "I have money now" dance and everything. :oops:

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Just steal Duckman's "Canada" Dance. It's worthy.

11. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    So I picked up a few dvd's at Big W today. It was completely crazy! Though according to one of the dudes, the sale goes for 2 weeks, hence not all of the dvd's will be put out at once. So if you keep going back new ones will be put out. I'm hoping this will be the case with Alis season 4, coz I couldn't see it anywhere in either of the Big W's I went to. So I shall be going back periodically to search it out. If you happen to see one, let me know!

So the dvd's I got: Princess Bride (For Mischa :p), Shaun of the dead, Batman Begins (special ed), the Justice League movie, Seven (deluxe special ed), The Phantom of the Opera, Emma (the Gwyneth version, though they did have the Beckinsale version for the same price), and Blood the last vampire (an excellent Anime). I'm tempted to go back and get a few more movies though, but I think I should stop! :p Now, to find some spare time to sit down and watch them all!

12. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Got Alias Season 4 today, and The Matrix

13. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Damn you Marv, where did you find it? I gotta get me the set!

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Squee~ ^_^ we'll have to meet up for coffee to exchange dvd/fairyfloss LC ;)

I'm thinking I might zip down to strathpine Big W on saturday... [face_thinking]

And Beckinsale was in a version of "Emma"? :eek:

15. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I went to the Big W at macarthur :D They had heaps of stuff there!!

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Oddly for a heterosexual male, I know more about Jane Austin adaptions than I do about Ms. Beckinsale's career.

Kate Beckinsale starred in a made for TV adaption of 'Emma' 10 years ago. It's not bad, but I have a soft spot for the Gwyneth Paltrow version.

Flu be damned, I'm dragging my sorry ass to Big W tomorrow.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    If the kids well I'll drop in too! ..wow BIG W PARTY!

Actually I gotta go to Centrelink..anyone want to hang?? LOL

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I for one am not complaining about your knowledge of Jane Austin :)

I'm not a big gwyneth fan, but I always did love that version of 'Emma'.

That's the spirit! :D Just don't kill yourself in your quest for DVDs [face_worried]

19. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay, the extended version of Pegasus on the BSG S2 DVD is excellent. The pacing is MUCH better than in the truncated version they showed on TV.

Although the scene of attempted rape is slightly extended too, in ways which actually make it quite a bit more upsetting and disturbing than it already was. I'm actually feeling like I did the first time I saw it, which is mildly ill. *Shudder*

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Yes, that was squirm inducing.

How do the other extras stand up compared to the complete 2-part US release?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    There aren't really any extras. Just commentaries that were already released as podcasts (but which are very good and well worth listening to) and some deleted scenes. So nothing very inspiring, but for some reason, despite being a big fan of DVD extras, I'm not that fussed in this case. Don't know quite why, but eh.

Anyway, just picked up V For Vendetta. I'm posting from uni at the moment, but I'm very much looking forward to watching it when I get home. All this terrorism stuff in the news recently has inflamed my none-too-secret political leanings and made me really want to see it again. Got the 2-disc one from easy DVD in the (groan) tin, too, so this particular DVD actually does have some potentially interesting extras.

22. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I just bought the Tears of the Sun - Extended Edition and Blues Brothers 25th Anniversary Edition.

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well I went to Big W today to run Shadowfax in after an absence of a week or so. Unfortunately they'd sold out of 'The Flash', so if anyone sees it for $31.22 or under, please let me know.

Saw a whole bunch of other cool stuff though. I just have to sit back and think what's worth getting and what's not.

Readrding BSG 2, I'm glad it's got all the podcast commentaries; my big fear was those would be removed. Extras for TV series I'm *not* so fussed about either, unless it's retrospectives and the like, and BSG is too young for that.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'm glad too. I highly recommend anyone who didn't listen to them via the podcast check them out, they're very interesting and informative. Ronald D. Moore's wife (who 'cameos' in a couple of them) is hilarious, and I love what he has to say towards the end of the season about people whinging and moaning on message boards, it's spot-on.

EDIT: Actually, I just looked more closely at the box, and unless I'm mistaken, only about the first half of the season has the commentaries for some reason. I'm lost as to why, but regardless, any missing ones can be downloaded as free MP3 files from here.

In other news, I'm going to have the 1812 Overture stuck in my head for the next week, just like the first time I saw V For Vendetta. Though that's not actually a bad thing at all.

25. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    A review of the extras for "V for Venndetta" when you can, please, Tim. I've not yet bought it, and I'm vacillating between the versions available. The list of extras doesn't really appeal to me - as far as that sort of thing is concerned, commentaries and deleted scenes are all that really appeal unless there is something potentially informative, and "V" does not appear to have either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.