main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.
  3. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards - Nominations

MOD DWH's away thread: flying home for a week

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Having successfully delivered a movie, I was finally given a vacation that did not involve being laid off (hooray!), and so I'm taking the opportunity to go home for the first time in a year. I'll be around a little bit, but mostly I intend to sleep and see people I haven't seen in a long time.

See y'all in two weeks! [face_peace]

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Have fun... of course I'm sure you will. :)

3. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I'm going green for a while- I'm not only finishing up on my current project, but I was notified last week that there might not be work for me after it's over. That's life in the industry, but all the same, I need to take the necessary time to shop my resume around and hopefully find new work. I've got some excellent prospects, so here's hoping! :)

I'll be back after the film wraps on September 24. See you then!

4. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    From now until 10/21, I'm fleeing the land of Oz and going on vacation, for New York Comic Con and my sister's wedding. It's going to be a glorious, glorious week and a half away from work. :D I might pop in a few times, but I'll mostly be reacquainting myself with the world before having to dive right back into crunch time when I get back.

See you all upon my return!

5. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Have fun!! I really wish I could have made it down to NYC to meet you!

6. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    I wish you could have made it, too, it was tons of fun! And the free book haul from the Del Rey booth was pretty excellent this con- Essential Reader's Companion and Essential Guide to Warfare? Don't mind if I do! :p

That said, I'm back!

7. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I am going to be away for the rest of the month of January. I have worked the last 10 days, will be working the next 7 days at minimum, and they're not actually promising us any days off the rest of the month. So... yeah. I will try to pop on from time to time, but I will mostly be either at work or asleep.

See you all on the other side!

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Nope, I won't allow it... make them give you a day off!
    :p

Hang in there and don't work too hard!!

9. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I'm out until next week Saturday, I have to fly back to the midwest for my grandmother's funeral. See you all again when I get back.

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother. [:D]

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Sorry about your grandmother. I hope you can catch up with the rest of your family; events like these seem to bring everyone together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.