main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

D'ya think we'll ever see Grievous kicking ass?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mond, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I just watched bits and pieces of the old Clone Wars cartoon. While I'll admit it's just a bunch of action scenes and everything's exaggerated to the point of comedy, the General Grievous scenes still work. I mean, they hold up on their own even removed from the over-the-top context of the show. They don't seem borderline silly like the Mace Vs. 10,000 droids sequence. I respect what Lucas wants the character to be like, and I have no problem with his portrayal in RotS (he is, after all, wounded and sick), but I would really like for him to do what he did in the Genndy series.

So do you think this will ever happen? For some reason, I doubt it. I think his antics in "Grievous Intrigue", and his butchering of Nackht and Vebb, are as hardcore as he will get in the show.

2. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

There's a chance he'll get ONE truly badass episode down the line, but not anytime soon. This is how I imagine that episode will be conceived:

Dave Filoni: Al right guys, we need a new idea for an episode. What have you got for me?

The Clone Wars Writer: Uhm, I got an idea for an episode featuring Grievous...(interrupted)

Dave Filoni: I think we've done enough Grievous episodes for a while...

The Clone Wars Writer: No, no! Wait! Here's the twist: This time...Grivous WINS the battle and DOESN'T RUN AWAY. We make the Jedi retreat this time!

Dave Filoni: ...(speachless)...I...I don't understand...Grievous...wins...It just sounds...wrong...

3. Orvakki

Orvakki Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2010
    Hopefully my sweet.

Love Orvakki x

4. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Problem is... who's he going to kill?

5. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Redshirt Jedi and clones of course, like he did in the Genndy series. Just take that Ithorian character model they are so fond of, dress him up like a Jedi, give him a name that's an anagram of one of the animator's names or something, have Grievous chop him up, and voila: instant win.

It's quite simple, actually! :D

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Unfortunately Grievous was never intended to be the Grievous we got in the MS Clone Wars. George wanted him to be a good warrior but also a coward. Grievous nowadays would never take on a group of 5 Jedi that includes Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti.

Grievous Intrigue was hit best appearance since the old show by far.

7. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    The micro-series wasn't a realistic example of anyones power level.

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Probably not on the scale of the old micro-series, but I could see him taking on redshirt Jedi in fair fights, and getting victories like he did in Grievous Intrigue: Through using every advantage he can get. :p

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Well, even his first battle in micro-series ended with him running away, so it actually has always been in his character. So some future Grievous episode would go like this: Grievous kills redshirt Jedi. While going down the body cuts Grievous' leg. Grievous runs away from the body.
    But why they keep having Obi-Wan face him, like we saw from the first preview? It gets really old quite fast.
    But the biggest question is: How many times will he say "Jedi scum" in Kamino arc?

10. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010
    Imagun Di's daughter:

Imarea Ligona Di

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Even if Grievous wins big time, we're still going to see him go all "Muahahahaha!" in his Grievous-voice which will instantly take away the badassness of the moment.

12. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    The way he was in the Gennedy series is not the way he was supposed to me. I saw some of his scenes and they were laughably silly.

I like the way he is portrayed in the series, particularly in "Grievous Intrigue". To put into scope, he held his own against 3 Jedi Council members on separate occasions, which is no small feat at all. I also liked how in the Koth battle at the start, how the Magna Guard's worked with him - this is how I can see the true advantage of these magna guards, to help him specifically fight Jedi. I liked the way they surrounded Koth while he did battle with Grievous, and the moment Grievous was in trouble they helped him out. I can see them as sort of a "backup", incase things dont go well for him.

In terms of a true "badass" moment. I'd like to see them do the battle of coruscant in the events leading up to Episode III and how Palpatine is kidnapped and they have the chase across Coruscant. This could be his most badass and defining moment in the series for several reasons:-

- He can face several Jedi, including killing several of them when he captures Palpatine with Magna Guards, killing one or two notable or semi-notable ones in process
    - face key Jedi like Mace Windu, perhaps even Kit Fisto again briefly.
    - it would be somehow ironic if they had the 4 Jedi Council members chasing him down being the same ones that Palpatine later kills in Episode III. (Windu, Fisto, Tiin, Kolar)
    - Seeing Grievous using his cybernetic enhancements to leap and traverse his way across Coruscant maglev, rooftops, buildings, etc and how they allow him to keep up with and escape Jedi.
    - The whole capture of Palpatine, without him truly knowing that Palpatine is truly Sidious demonstrates his place, ultimately a pawn in a much larger game.
    - To demonstrate the point above have Grievous personally deliver Palpatine to Dooku and gloat of his success, unknown to him the entire thing was a setup and he was being used. (this could reference Kit Fisto's comments "Just a pawn in Dooku's game" and Obi-Wan's comments of being "Dooku's errand boy")

In terms of possible Jedi he can kill, notable ones:-

- Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, Pablo-Jill(if they ever phase him into the series, perhaps the briefly seen Jedi in Episode II Roth Del-Masona - hey if they are creating red shirt Jedi, why not even use ones briefly seen in Ep II whose fate is unknown). Others - Bultar Swan, Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis (although if they were to do Oppo, i'd rather see him perhaps go down to Dooku himself in an epic battle)

13. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm still waiting for a good Grievous moment on the show. The Grievous episode in season 2 was okay, but they really need to show off more of his moves. I don't think anyone's powers in the old Clone Wars cartoon was ridiculous. Now C-3PO getting blown up by a thermal detonator and landing in a pile of snow undamaged was ridiculous.

14. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yes it was. From Mace destroying countless battle droids with his hands to jumping really high to Anakin destroying huge droids with such ease. The Jedi powers were greatly exaggerated in the Micro-Series.

15. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I liked the micro-series for it's in-your-face action but yeah, the abilities of the Jedi in that series did seem a bit...exaggerated. My favorite scene though was when Dooku and Grievous were sparring, I'd like to see something like that in this series...perhaps show off some of those moves Stampid was mentioning.

16. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I think the action scenes in the 2d series look silly except the Grievous stuff. Somehow, they're just right. Except for maybe when he turns into Twirling Tornado Grievous; that was a bit much. But other than that, they're cool (especially all the killin' :D )

17. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Exactly. I want to see Grievous in the midst of battle, taking out clone troopers left and right and geeting into a few spectacular duels with some Jedi commanders. I'm kind of sick of seeing Grievous pulling his mustache-twirling routine and doing everything behind the scenes. Don't get me wrong, he's a army commander and he has to be involved behind the scenes somewhat, but I wouldn't mind seeing scenes like from the end of first season of the micro-series, when he fights on the frontlines on Hypori and taking on several Jedi and defeating them.

Could Grievous really kickass? Absolutely, and I wish they would allow this to happen more often on this show; he's a great character with a great backstory as a warrior and it seems once he becomes the cyborg, that disappears.

18. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    I wish Grievous would kick more butt in Season 3. Sadly I don't think he's gonna be around too much anymore TO kick butt. Do you think Filoni and co. still care about Grievous or are they just bored with him now? Maybe the viewers don't like Grievous as much anymore and Filoni and GL are therefore making fewer episodes with him in them. [face_worried]

On another note, I have to agree with a previous post, I don't remember who posted it, but I think the Gennedy series over did some of the action scenes. It didn't really matter to me; I loved the Grievous scenes where he used all four hands and one foot to hold light sabers and fight the Jedi. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.