main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dying Fire: The Three Fathers of Obi-Wan Kenobi . Completed 25 February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Nifet, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    MysteriousRaven: Kind of makes you wonder how Anakin would have fared if he a woman as a master from the beginning - that motherly figure.

You know, I don't think he needed a second mother all that much... What he did need, IMHO, is a father - understanding and strong who could give him strict directions but not limit his freedom (or at least give him an illusion of freedom). If we look at the movies we see that all of these Anakin found in Palpatine and not Obi-Wan, which is understandable although sad. And this is exactly why I chose to give him a female Master.

2. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
  3. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
  4. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Sabe, MysteriousRAven, thanks for upping. :)

Sorry, this post took me longer than I thought. But it is here finally.

Thank you everyone for staying with me through this. Your reviews kept me writing. There will be the second part of the story, although I have no idea when.

Now enjoy. ;) [face_devil]

?Great performance that was! One of your best!? With these sarcastic words Nais greeted Palpatine who practically stumbled into the shadow-crossed surveillance room. Glowing plates of vid-screens basked him in diabolical radiance. Hushed lights couldn?t disperse the gloom that seemed appropriate.

Nais hadn?t left the room ever since their last talk. She was leaning back in her chair, appearing casual, but her muscles were tense under flowing silky dress. A part of her shuddered in disgust while the other part marvelled at the Dark Lord?s acting skill. The scene she had witnessed via the large screen only minutes ago had opened up a deep chasm of indignation doubled with fear inside her. The helplessness she felt cut her even deeper than usual as she now watched Sidious.

He glared at her, but the look in his discoloured blue eyes held not so much of anger and malice as it had tired irritation flavoured with oily satisfaction. Her sable orbs stared back at him with mocking challenge, although her innards were twisted in an icy frightened knot. Wiping his wrinkled forehead Palpatine all but fell into a nearby chair.

?Poor guy, he actually bought it,? continued Nais her acrid speech.

?As he was supposed to.? His voice was measured. Nais exploded.

?Of course! First he gets banged over his head! Then you intrude talking your anti-Jedi propaganda, and then you unleash that on him! He?s fortunate not to have gone nuts already!? she leaned forward in agitation.

?You should give him a little credit,? Sidious replied steadily, and Nais detected something unbelievably akin to fatherly pride in his tone. Startled, she lost her uplift. No, that couldn?t be, she had to be delusional.

?And still it almost killed him. Aren?t you too hard on your own son??

Any other time Palpatine would have snapped at her to mind her own business or smiled that cold venomous smile which sent shivers of dread down her spine. But today was the day of great inconsistencies. He only shook his head lazily, stretching in his chair, and rubbed his forehead as if to drive away bone-deep fatigue.

Silence lingered.

?Perhaps it was a bit extreme,? he finally admitted without any inflection of guilt in his voice. ?But eventually it turned out even better than I planned.?

Planned! Planned such a thing!

Suddenly sickened by him, Nais vigorously pushed her chair to the far wall ? as far away from him as possible. But her disgust with herself for watching and doing nothing was no less strong, and there was no way she could escape her own self.

A tiny droid rolled into the room and started to relate something to Palpatine. Nais did not listen to the low soft humming of the droid?s narrative. Palpatine, on contrary, was all business. Revolting.

Feeling sick, she shut her eyes tight. Immediately the recently beheld scene started to play out before her mind?s eye.

The extensive vid-screen provided an excellent view of a round room with black walls. The room with two doors and no windows. Regularly placed glowrods provided illumination. One door was easily visible ? colour of ash against dull blackness ? the other was undistinguishable from the walls around it.

Nais knew that room and never liked it, could not stand it even. Every time she had been there she had a gnarling feeling of illogical conviction that something horrible ought to happen inside its walls. It reminded her of coffins. And no matter how many times had she tried to get rid of this absurd prejudice, she had never been comfortable around this room.

The otherwise empty area held a low round table with a metal cylinder on top of it and a living creature ? Sidious? so-called surprise. Nais had no doubt

5. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    oh WOW, i mean, wow... i mean...whoa...You finished it! Wow, I cant believe it. That was like...whoa.

Im sitting impatiently waiting for part 2...

6. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Uhh...no...ahh....yeah, what JediAngela said.

I can't wait to find out what happens to Obi...uh...Avayn Palpatine.

7. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Angela, MysteriousRaven, frankly speaking, I too can't believe I finished it. :) And I'm glad like a Toydorian who had just won big money. ;) :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh my! That was not quite what I had expected. WOW

9. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh wow! Bravo! What a fabulous fic! :) I wasn't expecting it to end! Am so glad that there is a part 2! :)

A clone? I never thought of that! WOW!

This is how Obi-Wan Kenobi died and Avayn Palpatine came into existence - Ok, am totally speechless! Obi-Wan hasn't turned has he? What will happen to him now? What has Palpy got planned? Can't wait to find out!

10. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Thank you, PK! Was a surprise, heh? ;)

Thank you very much, Sabe! Well, at the end it turned out that the second part is absolutely necessary. I haven't put in here the half of what I had planned. Will use it there. But I'll need some time to get the plot straight.

Thank you both for staying here throughout the story. It means a lot to me.

11. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Just upping this for everyone to enjoy!

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Of course I stayed with this! Your writing is amazing! :)

13. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Angela, Sabe, thank you, girls. :)

Sabe, you're making me blush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.