1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Before - Legends Dying Gem -One Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Bryony, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Bryony

Healer_Bryony Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Don't know much about Star Wars, except for the movies and a few little thing I've picked up from reading fan-fic. So pardon all the miss-used phrases/jargon. Just a little story about Xanatos, and his sister. :) And don't read this if you can't stand sad ending.

And please please please comment!!!!

I paced the splendid chamber, worried sick. Xan said that he?ll be back by nightfall. It?s already early morning! He?s often out late, I tried to comfort myself. But this time, something is not right. I grabbed my coat, ready to hurry out after him. But the irritating office comm. chose this moment to ring. I tried to ignore it, tried to concentrate on finding Xan, but something told me to answer it. All right, but be quick, I told myself. Great, I?m talking to myself. I must be real panicky to do so.

?Amethyst Crion speaking,? I snapped, ?If you are looking for Xanatos Crion of Telos, he?s not here.? I told whoever was on the other end of the comm. I was ready to turn it off when I heard an extremely familiar voice speak, ?Amy??

I trembled. Only two people ever called me that, and this was not Xan.

?Master Jinn?? I asked, uncertain, dreading, hoping?

?Yes,? replied the all too familiar voice. ?I whish to speak with my former apprentice, Xanatos Crion.?

I shivered; he was so formal, so different. ?Xan?s not here,? I told him as calmly as I could. Where was Xan? I wondered as a turmoil of emotions rose within me. Sick worry for Xan, sorrow for my dead father, hatred for this man who killed our father, and lingering shreds of adoration born when I first met him as the mentor of my brother. I loved him like a second father, but then he?

The image of our dead father haunts my dreams every night. I always see him lying on the carpeted floor, the very one I am standing on. The fire crackled merrily, jeering at me. I cried often, for my father, for Xan who hardly got to know him, and for? Did I cry for him? For this man who murdered our father? Yes, I did. Why do I pity him? I ask myself all too often. Because he lost a son.

?Amethyst Crion?? He asked. The murderer, yet I still loved him. No, I cried at myself. He killed your father! He is your father, a voice whispered silently.

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, and concentrated on the situation at hand.

?Xan?s not here,? I repeated, trying to sound calm, but my voice shook. ?Can I help you instead?? I asked.

?No,? he answered, sounding somewhat absentminded. I could just picture him shaking his head. Face the truth, Amethyst, you miss him.

?Tell him to take care. I feel a disturbance in the Force.? He sounded exactly as he used to, before everything changed. Concern for his apprentice, worrying, yet calm.

I put down the comm. and found a tear running down my cheeks. Why? Why did he do it? I would not believe it if I had not seen him do it myself. I trusted him, Xan trusted him. But he? I tried to block the thoughts, but they kept flowing. I fingered the comm. link, as if he were still on the other side to comfort me like the father I lost. Anger and sorrow, hatred and love.

I put on my robe of red and gold, the one Xan chose for my life-day present, and grabbed a blaster. Just in case. A necklace which lay on it fell to the floor?

?Close your eyes, Amy.? Xan smiled a secret smile at his Master, thinking I did not see. ?Hurry and close your eyes, before your brother dies of impatience.? Qui-Gon laughed, tugging Xan?s braid gently.

I obediently closed my eyes .Xan drooped something into my out stretched hands. It felt hard, and cool, like a stone. I opened my eyes.

?Oh Xan,? I exclaimed, ?It?s so beautiful.? A clear purple stone on a thin gold chain lay in my hand. ?It?s an amethyst.? I whispered. Happiness filled me. How can anyone get a better present?

?Master helped me choose it. He knew you?d love it.? He had a far away look in his eyes. ?It?s lovely, isn?t it?? he asked.

?Yes, it is.? I murmured.

?It is an honor to be in your presence?
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2005
    Whoa - very AU and very good. Well written indeed. =D=
  3. Healer_Bryony

Healer_Bryony Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Thanks, I wrote this ages ago, and recently dug it up. I'm glad you liked it.
  4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I agree with Valairy... very well done. =D= But who will train Obi now? :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.