main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Dying Gem -One Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Bryony, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Bryony

Healer_Bryony Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Don't know much about Star Wars, except for the movies and a few little thing I've picked up from reading fan-fic. So pardon all the miss-used phrases/jargon. Just a little story about Xanatos, and his sister. :) And don't read this if you can't stand sad ending.

And please please please comment!!!!

I paced the splendid chamber, worried sick. Xan said that he?ll be back by nightfall. It?s already early morning! He?s often out late, I tried to comfort myself. But this time, something is not right. I grabbed my coat, ready to hurry out after him. But the irritating office comm. chose this moment to ring. I tried to ignore it, tried to concentrate on finding Xan, but something told me to answer it. All right, but be quick, I told myself. Great, I?m talking to myself. I must be real panicky to do so.

?Amethyst Crion speaking,? I snapped, ?If you are looking for Xanatos Crion of Telos, he?s not here.? I told whoever was on the other end of the comm. I was ready to turn it off when I heard an extremely familiar voice speak, ?Amy??

I trembled. Only two people ever called me that, and this was not Xan.

?Master Jinn?? I asked, uncertain, dreading, hoping?

?Yes,? replied the all too familiar voice. ?I whish to speak with my former apprentice, Xanatos Crion.?

I shivered; he was so formal, so different. ?Xan?s not here,? I told him as calmly as I could. Where was Xan? I wondered as a turmoil of emotions rose within me. Sick worry for Xan, sorrow for my dead father, hatred for this man who killed our father, and lingering shreds of adoration born when I first met him as the mentor of my brother. I loved him like a second father, but then he?

The image of our dead father haunts my dreams every night. I always see him lying on the carpeted floor, the very one I am standing on. The fire crackled merrily, jeering at me. I cried often, for my father, for Xan who hardly got to know him, and for? Did I cry for him? For this man who murdered our father? Yes, I did. Why do I pity him? I ask myself all too often. Because he lost a son.

?Amethyst Crion?? He asked. The murderer, yet I still loved him. No, I cried at myself. He killed your father! He is your father, a voice whispered silently.

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, and concentrated on the situation at hand.

?Xan?s not here,? I repeated, trying to sound calm, but my voice shook. ?Can I help you instead?? I asked.

?No,? he answered, sounding somewhat absentminded. I could just picture him shaking his head. Face the truth, Amethyst, you miss him.

?Tell him to take care. I feel a disturbance in the Force.? He sounded exactly as he used to, before everything changed. Concern for his apprentice, worrying, yet calm.

I put down the comm. and found a tear running down my cheeks. Why? Why did he do it? I would not believe it if I had not seen him do it myself. I trusted him, Xan trusted him. But he? I tried to block the thoughts, but they kept flowing. I fingered the comm. link, as if he were still on the other side to comfort me like the father I lost. Anger and sorrow, hatred and love.

I put on my robe of red and gold, the one Xan chose for my life-day present, and grabbed a blaster. Just in case. A necklace which lay on it fell to the floor?

?Close your eyes, Amy.? Xan smiled a secret smile at his Master, thinking I did not see. ?Hurry and close your eyes, before your brother dies of impatience.? Qui-Gon laughed, tugging Xan?s braid gently.

I obediently closed my eyes .Xan drooped something into my out stretched hands. It felt hard, and cool, like a stone. I opened my eyes.

?Oh Xan,? I exclaimed, ?It?s so beautiful.? A clear purple stone on a thin gold chain lay in my hand. ?It?s an amethyst.? I whispered. Happiness filled me. How can anyone get a better present?

?Master helped me choose it. He knew you?d love it.? He had a far away look in his eyes. ?It?s lovely, isn?t it?? he asked.

?Yes, it is.? I murmured.

-*-*-*-

?It is an honor to be in your presence?

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Whoa - very AU and very good. Well written indeed. =D=

3. Healer_Bryony

Healer_Bryony Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Thanks, I wrote this ages ago, and recently dug it up. I'm glad you liked it.

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I agree with Valairy... very well done. =D= But who will train Obi now? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.