main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Dying to watch ROTS again/ ROTS DVD

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Rayten, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Can't believe I have to wait till Nov to watch ROTS again, that is assuming the DVD comes out by then. Nowadays, movies end their run here in S'pore cinemas so quickly (slightly more than a month). This wasn't the case years ago. Piracy can partly to be blamed for this. In the US, it was at no. 10 on the box office chart when last I checked.

TFN main site nowadays suck, not much new news, not that there isn't any, just that they are not posting. Even jedinet has more news than TFN these days. I want my ROTS DVD news. So, anyone find out anything new about it please post here.

Here's a link I think everyone waiting for the ROTS DVD and the deleted scenes will want to click on:

http://www.padmeswardrobe.com/images/episodeIII/padme/revelation/IIIR43.jpg

2. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Here's what I know so far:

The scene where the seeds of the Rebel Alliance is planted was showed at comic-con and is confirmed to be one of the deleted scenes on the DVD.

There's a rumor that LFL was going to officially announce the release of the DVD and its contents as early as this week, but for some reason, they decided not to.

During a Hyperspace webchat with Rick McCallum, one fan pointed out to him that ROTS is the first Star Wars movie without a monster in it (ANH- Dianoga, ESB- space slug, ROTJ- Rancor, TPM- Colo Claw Fish, Sando Aqua monster, Opee Sea Killer, AOTC- Reek, Nexu, Acklay), and that this is the reason why the Grotto monster scene should be restored back to the movie for the DVD. McCallum agreed with him, and said that he would point this out to Lucas during the DVD meeting.

Direct digital transfer of the movie onto DVD. (Duh!)

Unlike TPM and AOTC DVDs, not all of the EPKs (electronic press kits) prepared for the release of ROTS is currently slated for ROTS DVD.

DVD set of all 6 movies officially confirmed, just don't expect it anytime soon.

Clone Wars Vol II DVD slated for release by year's end.

3. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Official: Nov 1 2005. Hurray. Earlier than I expected. Let the countdown begin.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/news20050725.html

The box art is the best ever for a SW home release.

4. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    wow...nice cover, but what is the differece between them, the gold border and the blue?
    two of my friends said that they have bought the DVD already...and i asked them if is was the pirated one and they said it was the REAL one...i'm stumped...[face_thinking]

5. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Blue is fullscreen (crappy pan and scan job done to the film's original ratio aspect so that it can fit your TV screen).

Gold is widescreen (original 16:9 ratio aspect of the movie as seen in cinemas. Black bars above and below on your TV screen in order for this to be possible).

Your friends got the pirated one, devoid of the extra materials the original will come with. If they still insist that it's the original, why don't you ask them what these extra are?

Note: VCDs will contain the fullscreen version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.