main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ *** - New Coordinator announced!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyy Jinn

Kyy Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2013
  2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, DLINK :)p), you're a bit too young, but I'm happy if you are still interested in adopting a newbie when you have been here for four month and have more than 400 posts. :)

Kyy Jinn, have you contacted on yourself already? If not, how about Rainbow Knight Star? :)

3. Kyy Jinn

Dec 11, 2013
    Sorry, Skiara, I haven't contacted anyone (I got too nervous I was bothering people). Rainbow Knight Star works, thank you. :)

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    not in this thread you're not bothering anyone, that is what we're here for ;)

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Kyy Jinn I would be glad to adopt you. Skiara Thanks for the recommendation.

:)

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    What Falcon said! :)

Great! So we have a new team! Congrats, Rainbow and Kyy!! :D

7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    To All Newcomers of the Jedi Council Forum...

I would highly recommend the e-adoption program to anyone pondering if it might be beneficial to sign-up. Not long after joining TFN I enrolled and cannot imagine my experience here without my Guide Adalia-Durron. As a newcomer to forums, she patiently answered all of my questions and introduced me to a wide array of diverse ways to get involved here and has become a friend. :)

Hey Skiara...thanks again for all of your past kind assistance. You do TFN a great service. :p

8. Kyy Jinn

Dec 11, 2013
  9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm really happy that it worked out so well for you, Chetan! :D
    (And, thanks! I do my best. :) )

You're welcome, Kyy! :)
    Have a good time and just remember one advice: If you need a break / want to leave, don't vanish suddenly but send an informational PM to your master, so they know what's going on. Lots of new member disappear without any notice and that can be frustrating for the adopters. So it's just fair. :)

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Can I get a mentor I am new to forums in general and am being swamped at the moment on one board! disqus works much better. I live in England collect figures and play Swtor. haven't got into the EU. any takers?

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sure, Darthmaul208! What about contacting Jedi Gunny? He's not from England, but interested in a wide area and might give you a good start to the EU. :)

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    "should I just private message him? Is he game for this?

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    No, he isn't the host of adoptions. That's me. But he's on the list of free oldbies who like to help a new member. Usually he should get an alert because of the '@' infront of his name, but pming him is a good idea still. :)

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Someone rang? :p

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hi there. I am a returned Oldbie. I'd be willing to try this.

I'm usually in Lit, EUC, and SWC and a main point of interest for me is writing and discussing characters. I'm in the US.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Jedi Gunny, Darthmaul208, have you pmed each other already?

Cushing's Admirer, it's pretty cool that you like to help a new member. But I have question before I add you: Since you had a break, just started posting again, and the forum changed because of the big move, do you feel comfortable enough to explain details or to lead a newbie to the best place to get his/her question answered?

17. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well I think I pm him but obviously it didn't work @Jedi Gunny can you adopt me?

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I did till last night.

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ...and now you're not sure anymore? If you need another month, I'd be happy to see you in February back in here. :)

...or something came inbetween. Gunny, did you get his PM?

20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Cushing's Admirer has been doing a splendid job so far. and I haven't heard back from jedi gunny

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Good morning, Maul. :) Well, we did kind of engage rather well last night. If he and you are okay with it, I'll take him on and see how it goes awhile. :)

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Darthmaul? I won't say anything, if you both feel comfortable and if it works out.

23. Linwë Alcarin

Linwë Alcarin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2014
    Oh hello ^^ Cushing's Admirer You asked me what would I like to know or help with yesterday... If you were willing to give me some advices, I would be the most grateful person in the galaxy :D, because I am new to forums and stuff like that, so... Yeah...

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I just sent you a PM look in your Inbox.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello again. :D Um, Skiara, what is the rules about a Master having multiple Padawans? I am still engaging Maul somewhat but he's never really said he wanted me as a Master yet so I don't know how he feels. The one I met today has asked to be my Paddy. Thoughts?

Sorry double post the edit time has run out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.