main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ *** - New Coordinator announced!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd be willing to adopt any new user that is mainly posting in the JCC, just so we don't get any more crazy heads that derail thread topics. I honestly have no idea how the system works though.

Edit: Actually, I'm getting ahead of myself since I'm still a noob, and it hasn't even been my 1 year anniversary yet.[face_blush]

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wait... you would teach a new member how to derail threads...? You are quite gifted at it. :p

Falcon and Shira A'dola like this.
  3. Hello_Fett

Hello_Fett Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2013
    This is what I sent to my tattoo artist who drew up my tattoo and added the awesome body with jet pack :)

Admiral Volshe and Pensivia like this.
  4. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    [​IMG]

Admiral Volshe and Shira A'dola like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah I'd say I'm more of the Remus Lupin type.

Hello_Fett likes this.
  6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    He just learned from the best, Chrous. :p

Hello_Fett, it seems you have some options. Just tell me who you like to be your mentor (maybe it's even a more silent one from list on the first page - who knows?). :)

IATI, not sure, if I shall add you to the list of oldbies, if you like to teach derailing threads... :p
    Nah, I guess, you know how it works (and which threads can be derailed and which not). Since you're here for more than 4 months and have a little bit more than 400 posts (one or two I think ;) ), I'm happy to add you to the list of free oldbies. I just wait a few days for Hello's decision before I write your name down there. :)

7. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Can I get added to the list of newbies looking for masters. I'm new here but I've got a lot of general forum experience.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sure! But how about asking one of the oldbies yourself, Thuro? That's the fastest way to get a master. You can even ask them in this thread - just add a '@' infront of their name and they get a notification to come here. :)

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    IATI as a master. That can have spectacular consequences, on either end of the "Great/Disastrous" spectrum :p

10. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I had a newbie, but they seem to have disappeared into the abyss of DRL.
    Until they return (if they do return) I'd be willing to have my name re-added to the Master list.

I can't check alerts since I'm on Tapatalk, but if anyone's interested they can send me a PM. :)

11. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I still don't have one :p

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Shira A'dola, have you pmed any of them already? Might help. ;)

That happens, Admiral Volshe, sadly. Hopefully they'll return. For this case, I usually advice to send them a pm to inform them that you're still there if they need help.

I'm glad that you like give it another try. Sometimes the life of a master is hard. ;) :)

Btw, I just found out that Tapatalk pro has an alert area as well. It's not as comfortable as on the website-based version, since there's no pop-up-alert, but they are there. Not sure, if Tapatalk (without pro) has it, too. :confused:

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Is the list of newbies up to date?

14. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Shira A'dola If you still don't have one I'm looking for a master.

15. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    If be happy to take you on if you're willing :)

16. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Shira A'dola I'm more than willing. This looks like a great forum but its quite dissimilar to where I come from.

17. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Any questions you have feel free to ask :) I'm pretty familiar with most of this forum :)

18. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Shira A'dola I'm still working on twenty posts so I can PM. I'm trying to read the intro to Roleplaying (which I'm somewhat familiar with) and its all garbled. There wierd characters everywhere, like this €'s and I'm sa:;ing tha€s etc etc. Is this just me?

19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah, that must have been posted before the move. When we got back after they'd rebooted the site all the previous posts made before the move, especially the RP and fanfiction posts had been all garbled. They keep saying they'll fix it but it seems they haven't gotten around to it yet

20. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Shira A'dola Is there an easy way to get the required twenty posts?

21. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah, you can post just about anywhere. I recommend the CCC in the SWC. There's a lot of nice people in there and it's an easy way to get posts

22. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Sorry but that was like spanish. I can read it fine but it means nothing.

23. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh sorry. Do you want me to link you? The CCC is the Cloud City Cantina, a social thread where people talk about whatever, basically. It's a good way to make friends and get your posts in. The SWC is the Star Wars Community page.

24. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    A link would be nice, thanks. I gotta say. This community seems a lot friendlier than where I came from.

25. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Where'd you come from? It doesn't sound like you had much fun.

It looks like you found it :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.