1. Happy Christmastime, WNU!

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ ***

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara, Nov 15, 2012.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Kyy Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 1
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Yep, DLINK :)p), you're a bit too young, but I'm happy if you are still interested in adopting a newbie when you have been here for four month and have more than 400 posts. :)

@Kyy Jinn, have you contacted on yourself already? If not, how about @Rainbow Knight Star? :)
  3. Kyy Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Sorry, @Skiara, I haven't contacted anyone (I got too nervous I was bothering people). @Rainbow Knight Star works, thank you. :)
    Last edited by Kyy Jinn, Dec 14, 2013
  4. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    not in this thread you're not bothering anyone, that is what we're here for ;)
  5. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    @Kyy Jinn I would be glad to adopt you. @Skiara Thanks for the recommendation.

:)
  6. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    What Falcon said! :)

Great! So we have a new team! Congrats, Rainbow and Kyy!! :D
  7. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    To All Newcomers of the Jedi Council Forum...

I would highly recommend the e-adoption program to anyone pondering if it might be beneficial to sign-up. Not long after joining TFN I enrolled and cannot imagine my experience here without my Guide @Adalia-Durron. As a newcomer to forums, she patiently answered all of my questions and introduced me to a wide array of diverse ways to get involved here and has become a friend. :)

Hey @Skiara...thanks again for all of your past kind assistance. You do TFN a great service. :p
  8. Kyy Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 1
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    I'm really happy that it worked out so well for you, Chetan! :D
    (And, thanks! I do my best. :) )

You're welcome, Kyy! :)
    Have a good time and just remember one advice: If you need a break / want to leave, don't vanish suddenly but send an informational PM to your master, so they know what's going on. Lots of new member disappear without any notice and that can be frustrating for the adopters. So it's just fair. :)
  10. Darthmaul208 Jedi Master

star 3
    Can I get a mentor I am new to forums in general and am being swamped at the moment on one board! disqus works much better. I live in England collect figures and play Swtor. haven't got into the EU. any takers?
  11. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Sure, @Darthmaul208! What about contacting @Jedi Gunny? He's not from England, but interested in a wide area and might give you a good start to the EU. :)
  12. Darthmaul208 Jedi Master

star 3
    "should I just private message him? Is he game for this?
  13. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    No, he isn't the host of adoptions. That's me. But he's on the list of free oldbies who like to help a new member. Usually he should get an alert because of the '@' infront of his name, but pming him is a good idea still. :)
  14. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
  15. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Hi there. I am a returned Oldbie. I'd be willing to try this.

I'm usually in Lit, EUC, and SWC and a main point of interest for me is writing and discussing characters. I'm in the US.
  16. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    @Jedi Gunny, @Darthmaul208, have you pmed each other already?

@Cushing's Admirer, it's pretty cool that you like to help a new member. But I have question before I add you: Since you had a break, just started posting again, and the forum changed because of the big move, do you feel comfortable enough to explain details or to lead a newbie to the best place to get his/her question answered?
  17. Darthmaul208 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well I think I pm him but obviously it didn't work @Jedi Gunny can you adopt me?
  18. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
  19. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    ...and now you're not sure anymore? If you need another month, I'd be happy to see you in February back in here. :)

...or something came inbetween. Gunny, did you get his PM?
  20. Darthmaul208 Jedi Master

star 3
    @Cushing's Admirer has been doing a splendid job so far. and I haven't heard back from jedi gunny
  21. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Good morning, Maul. :) Well, we did kind of engage rather well last night. If he and you are okay with it, I'll take him on and see how it goes awhile. :)
  22. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Darthmaul? I won't say anything, if you both feel comfortable and if it works out.
    Last edited by Skiara, Jan 20, 2014
  23. Linwë Alcarin Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh hello ^^ @Cushing's Admirer You asked me what would I like to know or help with yesterday... If you were willing to give me some advices, I would be the most grateful person in the galaxy :D, because I am new to forums and stuff like that, so... Yeah...
  24. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    I just sent you a PM look in your Inbox.
  25. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Hello again. :D Um, Skiara, what is the rules about a Master having multiple Padawans? I am still engaging Maul somewhat but he's never really said he wanted me as a Master yet so I don't know how he feels. The one I met today has asked to be my Paddy. Thoughts?

Sorry double post the edit time has run out.
    Last edited by Cushing's Admirer, Jan 29, 2014
Moderators: Skiara