main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ *** - New Coordinator announced!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Traya

Darth Traya Jedi Padawan star 1

May 30, 2016
    Oh that is so so cool. :D I'm excited! :D

Halle Dray likes this.
  2. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    I would like a mentor, I think it is called. Please :) I would like to learn more of this wonderful place!

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Darth Nihilon, have you taken a look at the first page where you can find free oldbies? It's the fastest way to contact them by private message (or tag them in a post).

4. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    Oh thank you! I did not know we could send them a message ourselves. I thought we had to be chosen!

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That would be cool, but it's not practicable. So better to be active yourself. ;) :)

Darth Nihilon likes this.
  6. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Skiara: I would like to be added to your list of oldbies.

I'm most familiar with are the SWC, some EUC, a little RPG, and the NSWFF. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Moonspun Dragon, that's pretty cool! :D I've added you to the list of oldbies on the first page, so a new member can find you. But it might be better to keep your eyes open. Maybe you see a newbie who needs help. :)

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  8. Cypess

Cypess Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    What a good idea, I would enjoy being adopted by an oldie.

I am now a Jedi Youngling but hope to find a mentor for the forums and SW fandom. I spent the past weekend watching again the Original Series and TFA. I started reading The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks and will soon acquire the DVD Prequel Series. I think about the messages from the films often and semi live out the experience of being better than circumstances in daily life. I don't just dream about the experience I try to live it.

I am curious about the spiritual aspects and applying the Force in life. I know it's a mythological premise, but I swear I feel it at times and would love to talk with someone who takes it as seriously.

I might compose an article for my blog on aspects of the Force. A way to pull together all the bits and facts about the Force for one place. Including both the light and dark sides. It's all fascinating.

I wonder if there is a barter section for books and DVD's. I think I was in the original paper fan club in the 70s and 80s.

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome cypress! Have you taken a look at the list of free oldbies at the first page? You'll be adopted fastest, if you contact one of them yourself by pming or tagging them (add an @ befor the username). But if you hesitate, I can help you as well. :)

10. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Hey Skiara! Can you temporarily remove me from the oldbie list? I will be mostly inactive for the summer, and I'll let you know when I'm back :)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the information, Solo. I'll add that info to your name at the list.

12. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm open to take an Apprentice if anyone's interested!

13. Mand'o Vos

Mand'o Vos Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2016
    Halle Dray I could be your apprentice/adoptee.

14. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Mand'o Vos I'd be honored to have you as my apprentice. Skiara you can make it official.

Darth Rozic likes this.
  15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats Halle and Mand! :D
    I'll add you to the list of pairs very soon. :)

Halle Dray likes this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Skiara, can I be your apprentice? :p

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  17. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Hello! I think it'd be fun to get on the list of "oldbies", if there's room! :p I'm familiar with the EUC, RPG and PT. Skiara

Skiara and Lady Belligerent like this.
  18. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm also willing to help. I frequent the EUC, SWC, RPF, and few other places. :)

Dagobahsystem and corinthia like this.
  19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to adoption, corinthia! :) It's cool that you like to help new members. If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to pm me. :)

Lady Belligerent, aren't you at the list already? At least, somehow I thought so... :D

Edit: I've added you both to the area of North America. I hope that is right? :)

Feel free to contact any of the new members how ask for an adopter - especially, if they do so in this thread. Some seem to be a bit shy, so they don't like to pm an oldbie themselves. If you adopt one, please, make sure to ask them to let you know when they plan to stop visiting this site or to go on holiday. It happens sometimes that an adoptee simply disappear. So it helps to speak about it in the beginning to avoid frustration. Other than that, adoptionship is very individual. So all I can add is: have much fun! :D

Dagobahsystem and corinthia like this.
  20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks Skiara, I did it many years ago but not recently. :)

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Your not old enough! :p

corinthia likes this.
  22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    If we would allow only 2000 and older adopters, then the list of free oldbies would be empty. :p

23. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Skiara I know there are more than enough "oldbies" waiting, but I would like to be added to the list please! I frequent the SWC, EUC, PT & RPF.

Thank you! :)

Skiara and Lady Belligerent like this.
  24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sure! That's pretty cool!! I'm always ahoy to see new oldbies joining! There can't be enough!! :D

I'll add you tomorrow. :)

Jedi Knight Fett and QueenSabe7 like this.
  25. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    I just found this thread. Amazing the things you find on here when you do some digging. :p

I'd love to be a mentor to a newbie! If you could add me to the list Skiara, that would be lovely. :)
    I frequent SWC, PT, & SW saga! [face_dancing] And am a lurker on many other parts of the forum. [face_devil]
    Weird to think of myself as oldbie when I haven't been here a year lol. And a SW fan for not even 2 years. :p But I'll take it! :D

QueenSabe7 and Skiara like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.