main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto E.T. DVD

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Digital, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Well I`m sure all you Speilberg / John Williams fans are aware that its out on Dvd now.

What some of you might not know is that its a 2 disc set that has BOTH versions of the movie on the Discs.

Hopefully this considerate market ploy will serve as a prompt to Speilberg pal Lucas that its profitable on boths side to release the original versions of our fave trilogy with the special editions when they eventually hit DVD`s in late 2005/2006.

Its a good set, 5.1, AND DTS, a ton of special features and what not.

However;

I have to warn you all;

On the second Disc there is this little tidbit that gives you a tour of the solar system with some really errie sounding E.T. commenting on the various planets, moons and points of interests.

DO NOT listen to this unless in broad day light, your sober, and in the company of others...

Its possesed I say!

Rates up there with that humble flick with the wee girl that throws up pea soup and does bad things to a cross...

*Shudder*

;)

2. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    He speaks TRUTH! That voice is disturbing. Just makes me want to go for a sharp pointy object and.... well I'm sure all you can fill in the gap.

3. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    *Sobs uncontrolably at his lack of funds, despite the scary warning with reference to a naughty linda blair* BTW what the hell ever happened to her?

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    agrees with Jedi_Sheridan's sentiments...but we all better come up with the money quickly. I think E.T is only on sale until Dec. 31 or some such!

5. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

both versions will be deleted Dec 31, or just the box-set?

(In any case, the shoddy packaging is keeping me away from the 2-disc... I'd mostly be buying the box-set versions for the expanded Laurent Bouzerau docs anyway.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.