main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

E.T. in phantom menace

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by gavin_van_draven, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER

NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Could someone please show me a pic i wanna see it.

2. Darth_Ben73

Darth_Ben73 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    The E.T. references in EpI were a shout out to Steven Spielberg because him and George Lucas are the best of freinds.

In Indiana Jones and the temple of doom the club in the begining of the movie is called club Obi-Wan.

3. Ben_Watson

Ben_Watson Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Yeah I noticed that. I thought that was pretty cool.

4. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    An homage to Spielberg.

5. Sithlord_kev

Sithlord_kev Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2005
    You can see a E.T lookalike puppet in the Alliance Briefing in ROTJ.

6. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Yes, I've seen those.
    I don't know if they were intentionally made to look like ET though.

7. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I saw those and thought it was pretty interesting.

8. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Also in the 'Vote Now' scene , I Like the wookie senato, Yarua. I think that is a cool little thing they added.

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Moved to PT forum... :)

10. Unforgettable

Unforgettable Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005

Im sorry I cant be standing her as you remember me, but some evil force has forced me into a new shell.

Anywho, I remember starting a thread in 1999 about the E.T. in the Phantom Menace. As someone said earlier, it took me straight out of the STAR WARS universe. Its cool to have little reference here and there but clashing universes is something lesser franchises would be caught doing.

In the film E.T., STAR WARS is a movie in that world as it is in ours. Elliot has STAR WARS figures and you can see E.T. trying to follow a kid in a Yoda costume. Elliot's brother does a Yoda impression, etc, yadda. So how can E.T.s species exsist in the STAR WARS universe if STAR WARS is a movie in E.T.s universe?

I really dont care now. After hearing "Exsqueeze me", "BombBad", "Thats gotta hurt", and seeing Mel's Diner in AOTC, I can expect Alf or Snoop Dogg at any moment. I wish I could dig up the thread. It was pretty heated. Its funny now.

11. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    E.T. being in Star Wars was simply a nod to GL's buddy Steven "the man" Speilberg. Nothing more and nothing less IMO. Besides, E.T.'s are in there for a fraction of a second, and not many people noticed it until the 2nd or third viewing. Not a big deal, IMO.

12. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    E.T phone galaxy.. :) :p

13. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    In the Scorpion King
    Mathayus(The Rock) uses a gong to escape being
    shot by arrows in Memnon's harem.

It is a tribute to Indiana using the gong
    to deflect bullets in Club Obi-Wan in
    Temple of Doom.

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Um thanks for that but what does it have to do with E.T. in TPM?

15. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    ET should have said something in TPM. like "ET at home"

16. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Also in Raiders Of The Lost Ark when Indy go's down into the well of the soles you can see a pictue of R2 and 3PO on the hyrogliths on the wall somewhere, I can't remember exactley where I haven't seen the movie in ages.

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have no problem with the whole E.T. issue. I guess yall don't remember E.T. going ape**** when he saw the kid dressed as Yoda for halloween. He kept saying "home, home" over and over until Eliot dragged him away from the Yoda lookalike.

18. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    My old Geography teacher told me there was a T-800 endoskeleton im Watto's junkyard, but I have yet to find it. Does anyone know if this is true?

19. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    "My old Geography teacher told me there was a T-800 endoskeleton im Watto's junkyard, but I have yet to find it. Does anyone know if this is true?"

I've heard there's the terminator, a spaceship from 2001 A Space Odessy, and other things in there as well. So who knows?

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    People, this thread is about E.T. in TPM. If you would like a thread about all the in-jokes and cameos then please feel free to start one.

21. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    E.T. says "home" when he see's Yoda. So obviously he knows Yoda or yoda's species.

My theory is that E.T. is a jedi. He has jedi healing, force speed, he picks up things with his mind, and if i'm not mistaken doesn't he make elliot do things with his mind (mind trick)

So E.T. is a jedi that leaves the star wars galaxy to try to find a safe planet to live on since the empire is killing Jedi.

when E.T. finds earth he wants to report this to the star wars galaxy "e.t. phone home"

plus Star Wars was never ment to be a seperate existence from our universe. star wars is just said to be "a long time ago"

So E.T. has to be from some galaxy, why not star wars?

22. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    There's little more we can discuss about ET in TPM...I thought posting too many topics was frowned upon?

Anyway, on topic, as someone posted in another topic somewhere - now we know where ET wanted to Phone Home to!

23. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    So how can E.T.s species exsist in the STAR WARS universe if STAR WARS is a movie in E.T.s universe?

Well, how can humans exist in both universes then?

24. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    First of all, JMasterLuke, the sheer fact that the kid wears a Yoda outfit and that they habve star wars figures destroys any contnuity between the films. And also, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. It was just a cameo, and it came out long after E.T. After seeing them, however, I have always wanted to see an E.T. creature in Jedi robes, jumping around with a lightsaber.

Slimy!

25. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Dude...

Star Wars really happened. Lucas is telling it from the "Journal of the Whills", that he found in his backyard in 1973.

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.