main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY E.T. Special Edition

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Nov 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I am surprised I have not heard about his sooner. There was a trailer for The E.T. Special edition coming in march for E.T.s 20th anniversery. There will be new effects and cut footage. Looks really cool. I am not sure I will want to see this film in Public. There are parts of this film that still make me tear up. I almost did watching the trailer. :)

2. Paul_B

Paul_B Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    Hmmm... the Special Edition is rumored to be more "kid friendly"... removing guns from the hands of the scret service and adding in walkie talkies instead. Re-looping a line in the film where Elliot's mom says a trick-or-treater looks like a little terrorist...

Maybe it's just me, I don't like all the changing of the movies because of September 11. Spider-man is being re-edited, ET special edition is changing, plus countless other films and TV programs are being pulled or re-done.

PB

3. Qui-GonJohn

Qui-GonJohn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
    I agree .. things should not be changed just to sooth the fears of some of the people of this country. actually i don't know what everyone is afraid of?? is it death?? How can u possibly be afraid of something you know nothing about?? That's like someone who has never seen or tried pudding saying I am afraid of pudding.

They should not change or re-edit any movies just because of sept. 11th.

But the real question should now be .. can we find these pre-terror edits anywheres and see what the movie was intended to look like and sound like???

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.