main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO E3 2013 Thread - Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U, New Games!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ManaByte, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    So E3 2013 officially kicks off on Monday with the press conferences.

Microsoft goes first, and then Sony's is in the evening. Nintendo is doing a Nintendo Direct on Tuesday.

Game Trailers is streaming everything, and more. That's probably the best site for coverage. This is their schedule:

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/53866/the-e3-schedule-for-spike-and-gametrailers-is-here

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, first year I won't be watching any of the conferences on G4. Spike is ok, just having to ignore their commercials and other shows is annoying.

Oh yeah, its not E3 related, but Apple is holding one of their conferences tomorrow morning too, almost the same time as Microsoft's I think. Going to be a really busy day for tech announcements tomorrrow.

3. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Apple is showing iOS 7 and OSX 10.9 at WWDC tomorrow.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There's also rumors of some kind of Apple game controller that might be paired with a revised Apple TV (sort of like an enhanced Ouya). We'll find out soon.

EDIT-

360:
    -Revised, smaller 360 Design based on XB1 look.
    -XBL Gold members get 2 free games per month to keep, including: AC2, Halo 3.
    -World of Tanks (Free to Play for Gold members)
    -Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (platformer with swipe/drawing elements...its design/controls seem like it'd be better suited to Wii U, really)
    -Dark Souls II

XB1:
    -Kinect Sports Rivals. Hook seems to be the new Kinect scanning you into the game.
    -MGS 5: Phantom Pain
    -Ryse: Son of Rome (sort of a Roman centurion-centric God of War-like game, minus the creatures (so far)
    -KILLER INSTINCT!!!
    -Sunset Overdrive (stylized open world shooter)
    -Forza 5 (touting the "end of AI" using a cloud-based "Drivatar" that duplicates your driving style so that your friends can race you even when your not playing and vice versa)
    -Minecraft
    -Quantum Break (ties into a TV show)
    -D4 (episodic murder mystery)
    -Project Spark (HOLY ****- its like a simplistic, user friendly programming/game design environment... that's seriously awesome and potentially the most impressive game ever released on a Microsoft platform)
    -Crimson Dragon (from makers of Panzer Dragoon)
    -Dead Rising 3
    -Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    -Battlefield 4: Second Assault
    -Below
    -Untitled Black Tusk Studios game
    -Halo (FPS, doesn't seem to be called Halo 5)
    -Titanfall

-Moving from MS Points to local currency
    -XBL membership will allow anyone in your house to enjoy "many" of your gold benefits, including multiplayer, even when you're not logged on.
    -Launches Nov 2013 in 22 markets
    -$499 US, 400 Euros, 425 Pounds

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    £425 for the DRM box...

[​IMG]

Microsoft have some iron balls to charge more than the PS3 at launch here when it's a restrictive piece of hardware that doesn't even have all its advertised features at launch in the UK. (Xbox TV is US exclusive at launch)

6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    All Sony needs to do is price the PS4 at $400.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  7. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    It's funny that MS didn't address anyone's concerns about the DRM and online requirements.

They tossed up a bunch of games (that you can't rent, loan, or privately sell) and hoped it would distract people.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Trailer for Zoo Tycoon for both 360 & XB1 aired after conference.

Also gameplay of Thief on PS4.

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, in fairness, most of the complaints were that they needed to show more games, and they did.

Doesn't make up for the crappy online requirements, but then, there's no way to make that sound good.

10. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Titanfall looked really cool.
    Also the Witcher 3
    [​IMG]

Pretty good conference.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think it's time to investigate if there's a Sith Lord working at Microsoft.

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Spark, Titanfall, and Below all seem to have tons of promise- I'm looking forward to seeing more of them

13. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Ok conference, the new Insomniac IP might be interesting, first Microsoft exclusive for them, although after how Overdrive ended up, not that interested.

So, $500 for the XB1... yeah, not getting one at launch. Games like Witcher 3 sound good, but not quite that desperate for it on Xbox (and that's what PCs are for). So they're following PS+ by offering free games... although their current selection is much, much older than PS+ typically is. Although I think I read that you can keep those games forever whereas PS+ requires an active PS+ membership to play them, though not really sure short of Halo multiplayer if anyone would play a game that long.

Was slightly hoping that the 360's price would drop, maybe later once the XB1 releases, the new design is ok, but probably still don't need a new one yet. At least it was a games-focused conference, still doesn't change my mind about buying one though.

14. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Also the fine print on those free games is the offer only goes until the Xbox One releases, then it ends. Which is really crappy...

15. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    According to Michael Patcher, EA was paid about $50 million to make Titanfall Xbox One exclusive. That was to help cover the PS4 copies they won't be selling.

16. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Actually, according to this at least, Titanfall is coming to XBone, 360, and PC. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/e3-xbox-unveils-new-generation-of-games-at-e3

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Battlefront 3 announced yet or not?

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    No, they're far too busy walking on-stage with fake zombie heads.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And EA is up...

-Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (FPS, looks hilarious. Me wants!) (360, XB1)

20. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    PEGGLE 2!!!!!!!

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, thirty seconds of pre-rendered footage with an AT-AT walker. Battlefront 3, everybody.

22. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Star Wars Battlefront! Even if it is the Battle of Hoth yet again, but still, yay!

23. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    BATTLEFRONT!!!!!

24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Battlefront? I really hope they don't disappoint.

25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I owe someone a coke. I really doubted an announcement of Battlefront at this point.